NEurope
Twozzok

The smoking topic.

Haha, reeally. Would never have guessed : peace:

I'm very bored of arguing, I've been in all the arguments before. So now it's time to have a laugh ^.^

Bah :P We discuss, not argue! This is one of about 6 different types of topic that pops up every few months. I'm glad it does; without these I'd never have anything to post anywhere.

haha, I just find it interesting, plus rattling people can be interested, people certainly change when in a ''discussion''

pssst, I'll snap your fags at london by the way ^.^ because I want to save you!

xD

hah - I doubt that very much. Once you meet me you'll be encouraging me to smoke more. But I digress...

hah - I doubt that very much. Once you meet me you'll be encouraging me to smoke more. But I digress...

not really, I thought you were my ex marc. Who looks pretty much like you that it scares me whitless when I first saw you.

:indeed: I'd get a picture but I don't think I'm allowed on his facebook no more

Haha, Someone snapped one of my fags while I was smoking it once. I nearly hit him because seriously, that's possibly the biggest asshole moves you can do to a smoker methinks. Higher then even the dreaded fake-cough/dirty glare combo.

Haha, Someone snapped one of my fags while I was smoking it once. I nearly hit him because seriously, that's possibly the biggest asshole moves you can do to a smoker methinks. Higher then even the dreaded fake-cough/dirty glare combo.

haha oh I've done them all, I find it funny. But then I'm one mean person.

Well no, but it was only for a laugh, luckily they saw the funny side. Oh and excuse the coughing if you smoke by me, it happens, considering I don't like it :P

You have to put up with glares twozzok because you forget that many can't or won't swollow your second hand smoke, if you're repsectful people will be back, well if they aren't then never mind eh? not worth bothering with ^.^

Yeah, but they don't have to be passive aggressive assholes about it. Just ask me to go away, or put it out or something. :/

but would you put it out really? half a fag and then you have to put it out? I'd be pretty irratated if I was half way through a smelly sandwich and someone told me to put it in the bin.

but would you put it out really? half a fag and then you have to put it out? I'd be pretty irratated if I was half way through a smelly sandwich and someone told me to put it in the bin.

I'd throw a bit of the sandwich at the person that said that to me, not to much though it would just be a waste :heh:

Mym mum smoked, then she stopped apart from holidays, gave the excuse "It's my holiday so I can do what I want", and she tried to secretly smoke since my last holiday. She goes out to the side of the house and if someone puts out the bin she gets startler, throws it away and gives an excuse like "I was looking the garage" when the garage was already locked and through a gate...

And she smells of it so she goes upstairs to put on deoderant or perfume to cover it up and throws the jacket/fleece in the waching machine...

If it was somewhere I could just go away from, I would just go away and smoke elsewhere. But if I couldn't I'd put it out and keep it in the packet for later.

haha I'd have to agree with shadow, if I had a fag or sandwich I'd probably throw it at them. Be it if it was in a public place.

Your narrow minded and 100% wrong 100% of the time.

As for the airline thing it was a move to save money not for anyones health, but it makes them look better as they can spin it, your beyond narrow minded,

u+dynastygirl = perfect couple.omgnowai.

Then it would seem you're a closed-minded and disgusting person, with no care for others. I'm utterly gobsmacked that you think heroin should be legalised, as well as thinking that it was better for people when people could all smoke on planes (imagine sitting in a room with cigarette smoke circulating the room on a long-distance flight).

But what do I care, you're obviously more knowledgable about the effects of drugs, aren't you? I'm sure this knowledge is from your friends or something, not any form of education.

Sounds about right, they are both equally pompous and preachy.

Nothing you say can bother me, really. You just seem like someone really messed up to me, only because your views on everything are extreme and you even admitted in another topic that you wanted offend your parents with your choices in life.

To be called pompous? I couldn't really care.

Right jayseven, I've had a look through your really long post and again you've used a lot of examples that don't seem relevant.

Smoking on an aeroplane, despite filtration, would mean that you would be getting smoke in your face. Obviously you would need a constant supply of oxygen and they couldn't just keep pumping out smoke-air, but it seem blatantly obvious that people smoking near to you would be releasing smoke into your direction. Unless there were ultra vacuums attached above each seat, which seems extremely unlikely, smoke would definitely be around you and you'd be breathing in a nasty cocktail of chemicals.

Moving on, your examples seem frankly bizarre and unrelated to smoking. Fireworks allowed at one time a year? What does this have to do with smoking? What would the point be in allowing to smoke one time a year? Fireworks are obviously banned most of the year since they can be dangerous, but shouldn't be in the right hands. You can't say the same for smoking, which is always bad for you. By allowing fireworks for a short period of time they reduce the risk.

Really my point about asbestos sums up what I'm saying - a banned substance, banned because it was a danger to health (to further compare it, it even causes cancer). Therefore, it isn't anything to do with my opinion that things bad for you get banned. I wasn't even alive when it was banned, so how could I be? Why would my opinion be to do with the government taking action on something? I am confused you ever went down that road.

I do not argue as if every smoker is a dick, when I said before "some smokers are selfish beyond belief, etc" I was quoting nightwolf's reply to thirtynine, as clearly thirtynine demonstrated he couldn't give a shit.

I realise you like smokers to have a choice, but like I say, it's not a wise choice as it's doing no good for you. It wouldn't be the worst thing if people one day weren't allowed to smoke. Regarding wars, that is a different matter. Wars are fought for an eventual outcome, with Iraq we intended to stop an oppressive regime. There is no good outcome to be had from smoking.

the worst is when your smoking at a bus stop, where no one else is waiting, then someone comes and stands downwind so all your smoke flies into them, and they look at you like its your fault. gawd.

Then it would seem you're a closed-minded and disgusting person, with no care for others. I'm utterly gobsmacked that you think heroin should be legalised, as well as thinking that it was better for people when people could all smoke on planes (imagine sitting in a room with cigarette smoke circulating the room on a long-distance flight).

But what do I care, you're obviously more knowledgable about the effects of drugs, aren't you? I'm sure this knowledge is from your friends or something, not any form of education.

lol@you, the airlines had to bring in new air and filter it, so the air inside the plane was actually better for you, than recycled air.

I AM more knowledgeable about the effects of drugs, i doubt you have ever taken any or know anyone who has taken any, let alone know anyone who has died or had something bad happen to them, when I talk about the legalization of heroin, i dont mean you can go down to your local shop and buy a few grams of heroin, it would work how it used to, you could be prescribed it if you were a junkie, that way it takes it off the streets reducing crime etc, also heroin is easier to come off than methadone so it is better for recovery. Also when this system was in -place and it is still in other countrys there are less junkies and less drug related crime. Also heroin really isnt THAT bad.

Actaully in england it is illegal to smoke at bus shelters whether there's somebody there or not.

I highly doubt I wish to argue with you on anything you say because it seems very snotty. It's rude to say that someone may not have experinced a death in their life, if they have then they are a very lucky person and should not be ridiculue in that way. Quite frankly it should be dropped

It reminds me of the girl in work who was on about mum jokes, they also piss me off.

lol@you, the airlines had to bring in new air and filter it, so the air inside the plane was actually better for you, than recycled air.

Christ...need I keep explaining this. YES, the air is filtered, but unless you had a very powerful vacuum above each individual seat, it is inevitable that if someone on a seat near you started smoking that you'd start breathing in some smoke. I really doubt there were any strong vacuum systems then anyway. The actual air pumped back in may have been better for you (as far as pumped air goes), but that doesn't mean direct smoke from those near you wouldn't go into your lungs.

I AM more knowledgeable about the effects of drugs, i doubt you have ever taken any or know anyone who has taken any,

You're right, and I'm damn proud of that.

let alone know anyone who has died or had something bad happen to them, when I talk about the legalization of heroin, i dont mean you can go down to your local shop and buy a few grams of heroin, it would work how it used to, you could be prescribed it if you were a junkie, that way it takes it off the streets reducing crime etc, also heroin is easier to come off than methadone so it is better for recovery. Also when this system was in -place and it is still in other countrys there are less junkies and less drug related crime. Also heroin really isnt THAT bad.

You can't pin the proliferation of drugs to the fact heroin was made illegal. I think that drug taking would have increased anyway. Prescribing heroin may well mean people could just sell it, so I don't think the government would want to go down that route.

Actaully in england it is illegal to smoke at bus shelters whether there's somebody there or not.

Only if more then something like 75% is wall/ceiling.

But if you step out from under the cover of the shelter you can smoke :o

Only if more then something like 75% is wall/ceiling.

But if you step out from under the cover of the shelter you can smoke :o

haha it's abit ridiculous, but it's just a point, it's like how restaurants used to be really, like the smokes just going to stop when it hits non-smoking..

reminds me of lee evans actually..:indeed:

Nothing you say can bother me, really. You just seem like someone really messed up to me, only because your views on everything are extreme and you even admitted in another topic that you wanted offend your parents with your choices in life.

To be called pompous? I couldn't really care.

There you go again, thinking you know what the hell you're talking about.

If you spent any real time here, rather than coming on every couple of months to spout your narrow minded opinions, you'd know I have every right to want to offend, upset, hurt, or even kill my parents for all the years of abuse they put me through.

There you go again, thinking you know what the hell you're talking about.

If you spent any real time here, rather than coming on every couple of months to spout your narrow minded opinions, you'd know I have every right to want to offend, upset, hurt, or even kill my parents for all the years of abuse they put me through.

I hadn't read before what he'd said (I got to the point where I just didn't end up caring, because it's gotten too out of hand), but agreed, I've only been here what under a month? Already I know how you feel towards your parents, besides, wasn't this ''discussion'' about smoking, not if you like or dislike, or even detest your own parents?

:indeed:

Fair enough, but I still don't care if you call me pompous. But really I don't see how my time here should be any different, I don't make it a habbit to read up on people's personal life anyway.

Fair enough, but I still don't care if you call me pompous.

That'd be because you are pompous.

Fair enough, but I still don't care if you call me pompous. But really I don't see how my time here should be any different, I don't make it a habbit to read up on people's personal life anyway.

I'd be quite surprised if you did. After all it is only the internet.

Exactly, it was a waste of time personally insulting me.

I wasn't insulting you, I was describing you.