NEurope
Twozzok

The smoking topic.

All the people who think smoking/passive smoking sucks, when you were allowed to smoke on planes the air in the plane was actually better for you as the airline had to filter air properly, the only reason you cant smoke on planes is because its cheaper for the airline.

Also there is no reason for the smoking ban, all it has achived is make pubs smell like piss and beer instead of smoke.

I don't know what pubs you go in, sounds like a shit night out.

The airline thing is a choice the companies made, so it's not like we should be grateful to smokers when they were allowed to smoke. Also, even if I'm breathing recycled air I'd rather do that than breathe in cigarette smoke. Such foul stuff.

All the people who think smoking/passive smoking sucks, when you were allowed to smoke on planes the air in the plane was actually better for you as the airline had to filter air properly, the only reason you cant smoke on planes is because its cheaper for the airline.

Also there is no reason for the smoking ban, all it has achived is make pubs smell like piss and beer instead of smoke.

No reason? So now I don't have to sit in a restaurant whilst eating my food whilst you put your second hand smoke into my body?

Or while I'm on a train doing a long journey and don't want to sit there watching my life tick by because you are damaging my lungs with your smoke..

course no reason for the smoking ban is there? You have the choice whether to have those sticks and have a addictive habit that could kill you, I choose a life without it.

:indeed:

I have never smoked and i'm not going to smoke! :D

It doesn't interest me at all and the smell is horrible. I don't believe peer pressure is as a big cause as people pointed out when you were younger. I have never been offered a Cigarette.

From my experience people who do smoke don't try and drag you down with them and respect the fact that you don't smoke and some regret taking it up. :)

No reason? So now I don't have to sit in a restaurant whilst eating my food whilst you put your second hand smoke into my body?

Or while I'm on a train doing a long journey and don't want to sit there watching my life tick by because you are damaging my lungs with your smoke..

course no reason for the smoking ban is there? You have the choice whether to have those sticks and have a addictive habit that could kill you, I choose a life without it.

:indeed:

I wouldn't bother, some smokers are frankly ignorant and selfish beyond belief. As long as they get their fix of nicotine they couldn't give a ****.

I wouldn't bother, some smokers are frankly ignorant and selfish beyond belief. As long as they get their fix of nicotine they couldn't give a ****.

No, most are actually really considerate, it's the select few like with everything is this world unfortunetly.

I have no worry about people who smoke but I hate that they argue like it's their right to smoke round others, maybe it is, but to me it's not your right to pass on the smoke to others who frankly don't want it.

I wouldn't bother, some smokers are frankly ignorant and selfish beyond belief.

Same can be said of some non smokers, as you are demonstrating.

No, most are actually really considerate, it's the select few like with everything is this world unfortunetly.

Most are, but the guy you were replying to didn't seem to care about it even being banned on aeroplanes.

Rokhead, I admit, I am extremely sorry. I'm sorry that I think the banning of fags to save smokers from illness and death is a good idea. I'll go meditate in a mountain for my extremely selfish thoughts about people not dying.

Most are, but the guy you were replying to didn't seem to care about it even being banned on aeroplanes.

Rokhead, I admit, I am extremely sorry. I'm sorry that I think the banning of fags to save smokers from illness and death is a good idea. I'll go meditate in a mountain for my extremely selfish thoughts about people not dying.

What wer'e saying, is why should you tell us what we can't do when it doesn't harm other people? That is the reason of the smoking ban, so it doesn't harm others. I'm in total favour of the smoking ban (though for reasons totally selfish).

Also thirtynine. was saying the air was better on aeroplanes when they allowed smoking, because they had to like filter the air better or something, i disagree but he was basically arguing it was better for you then it is now.

This is random, but I'm sure a few airlines may still well offer smoking on planes. Yeah =P

I'm all for Heroin being legal, but as for driving without a license, and drink driving, those things are potentially lethal to other people. Get some perspective.

....Hell, I'll just ask, why?

What wer'e saying, is why should you tell us what we can't do when it doesn't harm other people? That is the reason of the smoking ban, so it doesn't harm others. I'm in total favour of the smoking ban (though for reasons totally selfish).

"Others" can easily apply to people who are smoking, in the eyes of the government. Stopping others from being killed or becoming sick is one of their top priorities.

Also thirtynine. was saying the air was better on aeroplanes when they allowed smoking, because they had to like filter the air better or something, i disagree but he was basically arguing it was better for you then it is now.

Which it isn't really, even though it's somewhat recycled it isn't carcinogenic and full of god knows what else, which would have been the case if people were smoking near you (imagine everyone doing that at once, bloody hell).

Because injecting heroin isn't directly going to kill my grandmother (my reason anyway)

Yes but it would reduce a chunk of the workforce of Britain to a quivering wreck of junkies.

I'm not saying I support people taking Heroin, just for people to have a choice. (though, this would all depend on how much everyones taught on the goods and bads.)

Have a choice to take heroin? Seriously I don't know what you're suggesting, no one should ever take that.

Have a choice to take heroin? Seriously I don't know what you're suggesting, no one should ever take that.

People take it legally all the time. Ever heard of dimorphene? Yeah, that's the fancypants name for Heroin. In it's purest form it's one of the safest drugs you can take; it's used in hospitals for epidurals and as a painkiller without a seconds hesitation.

I wouldn't take it, mainly because it is a painkiller, and in the words of someone or another, "when I'm happy I like to think I've earned it," but as for it being legal, there are already more dangerous drugs available on the market. Not only to mention that opiates used to be legal a few centuries ago anyway.

Again, I'm just pro choice.

Few centuries?

Wasn't it legal like 75 odd years ago?

Yeah. Something like that. Point is, it was legal :heh:...

as if this topic was revived today! this is day 1 of a smokefree dan!

Day 5 here, I'm doing really well - I've only destroyed one of my ceilings at work so far!

Yes but it would reduce a chunk of the workforce of Britain to a quivering wreck of junkies.

Your narrow minded and 100% wrong 100% of the time.

As for the airline thing it was a move to save money not for anyones health, but it makes them look better as they can spin it, your beyond narrow minded,

u+dynastygirl = perfect couple.omgnowai.

Was she the vegan whon likened wearing leather shoes to 9/11 or something as extreme?

Day 5 here, I'm doing really well - I've only destroyed one of my ceilings at work so far!

lol i almost stabbed someone in leeds today for smoking in my face, i guess quitters really are the worst haters. I so wanted to stab them and just steal the cig, damn the consequences...

Sounds about right, they are both equally pompous and preachy.

Well actually they are killing her with those, she'd die from passing smoking at an early age.

I detest smoking, my sister has been smoking for a long time and I will watch her die from it. Unfortunetly. That is how life is. If you want to smoke fine, but I'm quite happy that I don't have to put up with it when I go to the pub or a restaurant.

Kill yourself, do what you want with those little things, I just don't want to pay for you because you fucked up ^.^

EDIT: why do people seem to think food and drink are the same as smoking.

smoking isn't something your body needs, food and drink (well healthy food and drink) is needed. Don't put them as the same thing unless you're talking about bad food and drink/alcohol

I've never liked people smoking in restaurants. It's a place to enjoy the flavours! Only foools smoke before or during a meal.

And you shouldn't be so pessimistic about the lives of smokers :P Also; you don't pay for anyone's smoking-fuck-ups. We smokers do.

Right, you didn't understand what I was pointing out. The comparisons to heroin for instance, highlighted the example of a banned substance that does not cause people to exclaim that the government is fascist or feel that they have no rights.

Maybe you don't see what I'm pointing out. As Rokhed and Bard say, it's about choice. about educated choice. The government could ban anything and say to you "because it's bad", and you seem to be arguing as the type of person who will salute whatever the decision is because, "clearly" the government is looking out for us.

If they are doing so, then why the wars? Why the shitty tax rates if they care about us individually? As you go on to say later in the thread, it's about labour numbers, right? About more cogs for the machine? Again, surely if you reduce the unemployment rate as it is, you'll cover any smokers fatalities as you go along?

The idea that we should all stop smoking so that the country can squeeze us of any and all profit we might have as citizens is inhuman. You need to realise that society is a product of opinion and belief, and stems from moral rights and wrongs that actually don't physically exist. It's not easy to measure something called enjoyment, nor the value of a life. Saying life is priceless is plain silly, to be honest, especially when, again, you look at wars. If a single life was priceless, surely our government would never have sent a single troop to iraq? or afghanistan? The fact is, as you say, each life is worth something to the economy. Their happiness is not.

If we could measure happiness from drugs and somehow weigh them against physical or mental drugs, who knows what we would find. Then again, if we lived in a society where the ultimate aim was to make sure every citizen spent most of their life happy, who knows what sorts of things would be banned?

No, it's nothing to do with my opinion- things are banned that are dangerous to health, this has happened in the past (asbestos, anyone) so it has absolutely nothing to do with whether I think it should be banned. If the government geared towards that path eventually, they wouldn't be doing so because a guy named Daniel from N-Europe forums personally believed it was a good idea. What do some people come out with. :(

Well it is to do with your opinion. Fireworks are banned most of the year, does it mean they should be banned forever? Bicycles are banned from many footpaths and sea-side promenades, doesn't mean they're bad for us. The government bans things for many reasons, doesn't mean they're always right.

Sure, perhaps it's inevitable that smoking will eventually be banned, but you argue as if everyone who smokes already is a criminal, or an utter dick, when truth be told they're just as nice as the next person before they light up in front of you and DESTROY YOUR WORLD.

Hey now... I don't know about your part of the country, but smoking's been banned for years on trains, unless there's a smoking carriage (very rare)

Keyword; some. Not even 'many' or 'most'. Some non-smokers are utter arses and go out of their way to force their "right" opinion on the matter upon others.

I have no worry about people who smoke but I hate that they argue like it's their right to smoke round others, maybe it is, but to me it's not your right to pass on the smoke to others who frankly don't want it.

I don't think it's a smoker's right to smoke around others. I like to think I am very considerate, and often walk away from a group if they don't smoke to have a fag.

There's a difference between wanting the best for others and forcing it upon them. You ever see those christians with megaphones 'round shops shouting "THE END IS NIGH. GOD LOVES YOU" and so on? I don't mind at all if others have religious views or preferences, but if they start forcing their views on me? Well that's just not cool. I believe that we'd be better off without consumerism, despite everyone (including me) loving their TVs and games consoles and books and art and pre-packaged food and trains and cars and whatever. I believe that the human race could be damn smart if we all put our skulls together and worked out an efficient way to run shit. Whatever. Doesn't happen. Point is; you are not some sort of abstract "right" and we are not "wrong". these are moral ideas that the human race puts on things. Good. Bad. That's a whole other argument.

All I'm trying to say is that there are plenty of other things that you can argue are just as bad as smoking. Child labour. Factory hens. Animal testing. Rainforest degredation. Crazy frog. Whatever... you just fail to realise that people can choose to smoke, and they can actually lead a normal, day-to-day life without exploding or killing someone else.

Which it isn't really, even though it's somewhat recycled it isn't carcinogenic and full of god knows what else, which would have been the case if people were smoking near you (imagine everyone doing that at once, bloody hell).

Just to point out; you clearly have no idea as to what "filtering air" actually involves, so you shouldn't simply suppose that it must've been bad. It's full of "god knows what else". Could have been vitamin C for all you know!

Again, this is your choice. I am not saying whether I believe people should or should not, but you need to take off your blinkers and realise people still do these illegal things. Passing a law over something is not some magical miracle cure to prevent these things from happening. Sure, occurances will diminish, but humanity will still be tinged with the plague of whatever the fuck you want to ban. Humans will still be humans.

End point; Smoking is a choice that many different individuals choose for whatever reasons, and their reasons for choosing to smoke are worth no less than your reasons. "Smokers" is different to "a smoker", and you should not be so fast to generalise.

Because injecting heroin isn't directly going to kill my grandmother (my reason anyway)

haha just because I'm bored.

It might directly kill her if you're drunk and miss with the needle and inject her and by some stupid change it kills her.

You can tell I'm not taking this seriously anymore can't you :indeed:

You can tell I'm not taking this seriously anymore can't you :indeed:

Haha, reeally. Would never have guessed : peace: