NEurope
Rummy

Ashes to Ashes

(This could have been one of two threads, one regarding last night's drama, or a light hearted conversation I had earlier about what I'd want done when I die, fear not though, it's the drama :P)

Dunno if anyone watched this last night, it's from the same guys who did Life on Mars and following on with the same idea and some characters but set a few years later in the past(DCI(?) Alex Drake gets shot and goes to the past, like Sam Tyler did, she is also very aware of his case and his supposed time travel story, then is half shocked to find it happening to herself). It was actually pretty damn good, did anyone else watch it? Personally, I only picked up Life on Mars halfway through, something about it originally didn't appeal until I actually saw it. Seems most of the guys from the station were in it, Ray Chris and Gene, and I thought it was an absolutely brilliant opening episode! Feel free to make speculations and what not, what you thought, etc etc!

I quite liked it. I think it should take me about 3 episodes to know whats going on though.

What i think they over did was how they made Gene to be like some knight in shining armour every time he comes through the door.

Watched this after watching a bit of Life on Mars a while back. Thought that the main womans acing about being in the past a bit cheesy

Thought it was a bit over the top. The woman's acting was way to OTT. She was really irritating. I agree with Strider's comment about Gene. It wasn't too bad and there were some good things. I'll definitely keep watching as I think it will improve in the future.

Does anybody think Sam Tyler will come back? He's supposed to be dead but they never found the body. Personally I don't think he will but I think they will make it look like it could happen.

I found it highly disapointing compared to Life on Mars, to be perfectly honest. I feel that they should have just left it at Life on Mars, and left the "time travel" concept a mystery.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just felt incredibly dissapointing.

oh comeon though , zippy and george.........that was hilarious:yay:

scary though:shakehead

oh comeon though , zippy and george.........that was hilarious:yay:

scary though:shakehead

Not as scary as the test card girl. She used to scare me.

I thought this was great, but perhaps I am just very easily impressed.

A bit of a slow start though.

Not as scary as the test card girl. She used to scare me.

u got that right..but personally i thought the clown was scaryier , i was convinced it would come to life and kill her when she wasnt looking

40.jpg

.dont ask:wtf:

Well i thought last nights episode was abit better than the previous one. There was no 'OMG Gene Hunt is amazing' moments, which was better. I'll keep watching.

Yeah it was a lot better than the first. As Strider said they've stopped being stupid with Gene. The woman is still an irritating fucker but she's nowhere near as bad as in the first episode. I think it will gett better as the series goes along.

Gene is without doubt the pulling power of this series, as all the mystery is gone that surrounded the end from life on mars...which I find gut wrenching... I mean I suppose there is still doubt are they in comas but somehow inhabiting the past for example (which for me seems most likely now..) I think Keeley Hawes is HOT! But that Alex Drake is out right annoying... far to away of her situation...

Why couldn't they have just left it at life on mars....

Why couldn't they have just left it at life on mars....

Why indeed?

It would have been the sensible thing to do.

I thought last night's episode was a bit better, tbh, at the moment Gene Hunt is what it's all about, glued together with Keeley Hawes's looks. I find it a bit tedious or annoying at times, the way she acts and stuff, but I also think it's good and appreciate the fact they're trying to keep that 'real' element of struggling to cope with it all. I think Life on Mars must have started similarly too, which is why I didn't like it at first, but then again it had alot more of the mystery with it, the phone calls, the references, the radio etc etc. I think this'll need an appearance from John Simm in order to survive in the end though.

I thought last night's episode was a bit better, tbh, at the moment Gene Hunt is what it's all about, glued together with Keeley Hawes's looks. I find it a bit tedious or annoying at times, the way she acts and stuff, but I also think it's good and appreciate the fact they're trying to keep that 'real' element of struggling to cope with it all. I think Life on Mars must have started similarly too, which is why I didn't like it at first, but then again it had alot more of the mystery with it, the phone calls, the references, the radio etc etc. I think this'll need an appearance from John Simm in order to survive in the end though.

That is the last thing it needs...especially seem as now they have dropped the ball with regards to Sam's death. Besides I think John Simm was busy doing theatre during filming of this.

That is the last thing it needs...especially seem as now they have dropped the ball with regards to Sam's death. Besides I think John Simm was busy doing theatre during filming of this.

But they also said that they never found his body. I think it could do with a little more mystery about Sam. Maybe a news report or a glimpse of him on TV. Or a phonecall or something. But it's got to be done well. If they do it badly they could ruin it.

I recorded the two episodes whilst I was on holiday so I'll need to catch up later on, but I loved Life on Mars. Gene's one-liners were hilarious. Even though this appears to be a spin-off/cash-in, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

"Don't move, you are surrounded by armed bastards!"

Maybe this won't need a John Simm appearance(though it'd be nice :D), I find the whole idea of her interacting alot with figures from her own childhood past quite interesting. Did John Simm ever do anything like that? Even more so though, Alex is actually a child in the current time setting, which makes me wonder if there'll be any time paradox type stuff. It's moving a bit further from the path Life on Mars treaded, but I kinda like how it's going.

Maybe this won't need a John Simm appearance(though it'd be nice :D), I find the whole idea of her interacting alot with figures from her own childhood past quite interesting. Did John Simm ever do anything like that? Even more so though, Alex is actually a child in the current time setting, which makes me wonder if there'll be any time paradox type stuff. It's moving a bit further from the path Life on Mars treaded, but I kinda like how it's going.

They did all that in Life on Mars, he met his own mum, and his girlfriends mum and dad, etc.......

Oh right, nevermind me then, cos I don't think I saw all of Life on Mars. As for tonight's episode, it all made enough sense on the surface, I think, but I didn't get some of the points. Like why did Evan look surprised when Alex mentioned that dude working at edgehampton, what was with all the tailing, and the flask, and how exactly was it that caroline used alex? I'm lost for tying it all together like.

I'm really enjoying this (I never saw any of Life on Mars apart from the final episode ), Tonights episode was pretty good too