NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
killer kirby

Lost Odyssey

I am surprised there isn't a thread about this game.

Anyway, even though I don't own a 360, I did have a chance to play the game today and all I can say is wow.

This game alone has nailed the coffin for me to go out and get a 360.

So discuss about this game ^_^

*Is playing through the game right now*

It starts of a little slow, very slow infact, but after about 5-6 hours it does pick up and get interesting. I'm on disc 2 now and can say I'm enjoying it. Doesn't seem to be that many weapons though, I didn't get a new sword till like 6 hours in :o

Very excited about getting this, I'm a massive fan of JRPG's (I grew up watching my friend who was like 5 years older than me playing FF7) and Blue Dragon was my first JRPG in years!

I really enjoyed BD, still haven't got Eternal Sonata, but I think LO is next on my list as it appeals to me more than ES, and I just found out that MistWalker is behind it so yay again ^_^

Just watched the review you posted HOT....deja-vu of Blue Dragon anyone?

XD

They even put an exact same enemy in there, you know the little green men with a Samurai type helmet on?

Damn. I want a really good game with a really good story but I'm unsure about the battling system.

Dm how are the battles? Are they frequent and repetitive or spaced out and different each time?

8.8 lol. It looks really good, but if I buy it It could be that I play for hours and never really get into it alike Blue Dragon. But I do love my Final Fantasy

Damn. I want a really good game with a really good story but I'm unsure about the battling system.

Dm how are the battles? Are they frequent and repetitive or spaced out and different each time?

The battles don't seem that frequent although I miss the free roaming you had in Blue Dragon with the field skills.

This game might as well be called Final Fantasy, it's pretty much like it in alsorts of ways.

This game might as well be called Final Fantasy, it's pretty much like it in alsorts of ways.

Yeah alot of people on G-Faqs who hated FF12 are saying it should of played and had the same quality of story telling as Lost Odyssey.

It's not the story, it's like everything, interfaces, graphic artstyle, locations, it pretty much stinks of FF :D not that is a bad thing, love FF here.

It's not the story, it's like everything, interfaces, graphic artstyle, locations, it pretty much stinks of FF :D not that is a bad thing, love FF here.

Yeah same, when playing it, I really feel like I am playing the old Final Fantasy which of course isn't bad ^_^

they are pretty spaced out. Random battles are at a nice level!

I'm at level 26 at the moment, died in the black caves so decided to turn it off. I'll be playing it somemore today :)

I'm at level 26 at the moment, died in the black caves so decided to turn it off. I'll be playing it somemore today :)

Your just ahead of me. I havent played in a while due to smash bros!

Have you got Black Magic Level 4 yet?

I'm on Black Magic Lv 5, White Magic Lv 5 and Spirit Magic Lv 5. I'm also level 28 too. Manage to get to the end of the cave, but some weird arse creatures are running around, just killing them now :D

Update: DID IT WOO!! Next town now! Gotta save as I've gotta get ready for work ¬_¬

Once I get round to finishing off Mass Effect, finishing Oblivion, starting and completing Blue Dragon, buying and completing BioShock this will be in my 360.

I've just started the second disc and I'm really, really enjoying this. For one thing it's not nearly as po-faced as I thought it was going to be — Jansen is very entertaining — and the bits that are serious are handled surprisingly well for a videogame. The Dreams are especially well done, although they do make me wish other parts of the translation could live up to their standard.

Mechanically it strikes me as very much like Final Fantasy X — i.e. traditional but very slick — and whilst I've a few issues with the fighting system I've yet to get annoyed by random battles, which is always a good sign.

Obviously I've quite a ways to go before I can offer a proper judgement, but from what I've played so far anyone that can still enjoy the PlayStation era Final Fantasy games should get a real kick out of this.

anyone that can still enjoy the PlayStation era Final Fantasy games should get a real kick out of this.

You make me want to buy it now!!

Sign in to follow this