NEurope
Tellyn

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (100% Spoiler-Free Topic)

I'll be playing the game today (or at least, the PAL version this time). I can't wait. Classic Mode was awesome last time, except for the fact that each level always had characters from the same series like in SSB (e.g. in both games, level 1 was always Zelda characters).

I'm still angry that Dr. Mario has been taken out. :(

The slowness still gets to me:(

I suppose I'll get use to it sooner or later, but still.

Also, Ike, Dedede and Pit ftw.

The slowness still gets to me:(

I suppose I'll get use to it sooner or later, but still.

Also, Ike, Dedede and Pit ftw.

You appear to be primarily using slow characters, though.

Spent some time with this over the weekend, and I found myself ended up using the GC controller the most. I decided to try the classic controller, and with a few tweaks to the set up, I got it how I like it. (B=Attack, Y=Special, A or X=jump).

Loving the screenshot/camera mode, and have already taken some nice pics. Could we possibly create a Brawl Screenshots thread for those?

You appear to be primarily using slow characters, though.

The entire game is slower. Fun using a couple of the slower characters however.

I am really enjoying these new stages. For instance on the Smashville stage during the day you can see the two characters Blathers and Celeste sleeping :)

I'm still angry that Dr. Mario has been taken out. :(

Dr. Mario was a desperate add on, in the same way that Pichu was. Kinda like all the 'baby' characters that are in Mario Kart/Tennis ect... A good and decent roster they did need to go, not many people I've spoken to have complained about Dr.'s absence. :)

I actually prefer the feeling of this game over Melee, the slowness I think gives it a bit more control and I just like it that bit more.

More control, definitely. It does limit how far you can go with it though.

Depends on what you mean by how far you can go. Slower with more focus on aerial combat make the fights more interesting (to me), but still, it's not like the game is slow, it's just slower than Melee.

Personally, I don't see how the aerial combat has been 'improved', but I could be wrong. Another thing lost is the comboing....much harder to do / less opportunities.

Question. Is there an easy way to get trophy stands in Subspace? I must have had three trophy stands in the whole mode (been playing for six hours) and they always appear when there's no enemies nearby.

SSBB is at number one in the uk sales.

It is Nintendo’s 4th All Formats No1 so far this year with ‘Super Smash Bros. Brawl’ becoming the 3rd largest UK Wii launch behind ‘Wii Fit’ and ‘Mario Kart Wii’. It’s also a bumper week for Nintendo’s console thanks to renewed stock of ‘Wii Fit’ pushing it up from No27 to No4 (sales up 643%) as well as Wii-exclusive ‘Big Beach Sports’ from THQ entering at No5 ahead of ‘Mario Kart Wii’, bouncing back into the Top 10, up from No11 to No7.

01 (__) [WII] Super Smash Bros: Brawl (Nintendo)

02 (__) [360] Battlefield: Bad Company (Electronic Arts)

03 (29) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)

04 (__) [WII] Big Beach Sports (Thq)

05 (01) [PS3] Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots (Konami)

Congrats to SSBB!

haha, Can't believe so many suckers bought Beach Sports!

It's advertised on TV every other break.

Question. Is there an easy way to get trophy stands in Subspace? I must have had three trophy stands in the whole mode (been playing for six hours) and they always appear when there's no enemies nearby.

They appear more in higher difficulty levels, it's always random though.

We can only have Subspace Trophies on the Subspace Emissiary?

God, that sucks, i have something like 6 trophies and i already completed the game.

Tellyn, believe me, the best way to find Trophies is in the Maze, there are there every single character, it will be boring, but there you can find everyone.

Personally, I don't see how the aerial combat has been 'improved', but I could be wrong. Another thing lost is the comboing....much harder to do / less opportunities.

Do you mean comboing as in the combo (sequence) definition that Smash training mode has that people take so to heart, which is having to hit an oponent while he's in hitstun, otherwise it's not a combo? :P

To me if I string together attacks in a short amount of time, it's a combo, I don't care if the guy's in hitstun on or not. Although, yes, you can't combo as much.

Not hard to see how aerial combat was improved: characters can live with higher % (you know what I mean :P), they are more "floaty", they spend more time the air, since things are slower, so it's much easier to explore an opening when in the air to attack.

SSBB is at number one in the uk sales.

01 (__) [WII] Super Smash Bros: Brawl (Nintendo)

02 (__) [360] Battlefield: Bad Company (Electronic Arts)

03 (29) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)

04 (__) [WII] Big Beach Sports (Thq)

05 (01) [PS3] Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots (Konami)

That was to be expected! I don't think there's any more big hitters coming up, it looks like it'll stay that way over the summer. :heh:

They appear more in higher difficulty levels, it's always random though.

We can only have Subspace Trophies on the Subspace Emissiary?

God, that sucks, i have something like 6 trophies and i already completed the game.

Tellyn, believe me, the best way to find Trophies is in the Maze, there are there every single character, it will be boring, but there you can find everyone.

Thanks for the tips. I hate it how my character will sometimes throw into the air instead of straight forward, and how something can jump out of the way of it...

Another question. Do they seriously expect us to trophy-stand the bosses?! I mean, how the hell are you going to preserve a trophy stand long enough to get Tabuu?

Afaik tabuu trophy is only obtainable through challenges. I don't remember any items spawning against him.

Thanks for the tips. I hate it how my character will sometimes throw into the air instead of straight forward, and how something can jump out of the way of it...

Another question. Do they seriously expect us to trophy-stand the bosses?! I mean, how the hell are you going to preserve a trophy stand long enough to get Tabuu?

Yeah that's the only way to get their trophies and I guess you have to get lucky on them appearing at the end of a boss. I haven't tried any of them yet. There is also a sticker that makes them appear more often by the way.

I hear Meta-Ridley especially is a pain because if you trophy him in the air, his trophy falls down and can be very hard to get before it's lost. :p

Dr. Mario was a desperate add on, in the same way that Pichu was. Kinda like all the 'baby' characters that are in Mario Kart/Tennis ect... A good and decent roster they did need to go, not many people I've spoken to have complained about Dr.'s absence. :)

I actually prefer the feeling of this game over Melee, the slowness I think gives it a bit more control and I just like it that bit more.

Well, it's annoyed me, but it's definately a good decision to make overall, however annoyed it makes me.

I wouldn't say the baby characters in some of the Mario games were desperate add-ons. I can understand someone saying that about the likes of Baby Daisy, and Toadette was obviously made solely to be Toad's counterpart, but with the likes of Baby Mario, I'm fairly surprised he hadn't appeared earlier to be honest. After all, he did star in a very popular game early on.

Okay, I'm pretty annoyed at the moment. Just tried to copy my saved data from SSBB to my SD card but it just said "This data cannot be copied"

Since I have been staying at a mates house since Saturday, I assumed I would be able to transfer my save file onto a SD card, but you can't? It woulden't be that much of a problem if I didn't progress that far, but I did...

6 - 7 of the unlockable chars unlocked, 50% of the adventure mode completed, 200+ brawl matches played, classic mode completed around 15 times... All gone to waste...

Official pissed xD

Do you mean comboing as in the combo (sequence) definition that Smash training mode has that people take so to heart, which is having to hit an oponent while he's in hitstun, otherwise it's not a combo? :P

To me if I string together attacks in a short amount of time, it's a combo, I don't care if the guy's in hitstun on or not. Although, yes, you can't combo as much.

Not hard to see how aerial combat was improved: characters can live with higher % (you know what I mean :P), they are more "floaty", they spend more time the air, since things are slower, so it's much easier to explore an opening when in the air to attack.

That's not so much as improving it, more like putting more emphasis on it.

Okay, I'm pretty annoyed at the moment. Just tried to copy my saved data from SSBB to my SD card but it just said "This data cannot be copied"

Since I have been staying at a mates house since Saturday, I assumed I would be able to transfer my save file onto a SD card, but you can't? It woulden't be that much of a problem if I didn't progress that far, but I did...

6 - 7 of the unlockable chars unlocked, 50% of the adventure mode completed, 200+ brawl matches played, classic mode completed around 15 times... All gone to waste...

Official pissed xD

Well, it's well known that Brawl data can't be copied to SD and also that you wouldn't have been able to use the data anyway because you can't use a file saved from a diferent Wii console onto yours. I did about 5 weeks work on my US. copy and had to start all over again, so don't beat yourself up too much.

WHY HASN'T BRAWL BEEN RELEASED HERE YET?? GOD DAMN IT!!

I want to play online you you guys!

More like, I want to beat the crap out of you!:smile:

you wouldn't have been able to use the data anyway because you can't use a file saved from a diferent Wii console onto yours

That's a lie.

That's true to virtual console games and other channels, but not for game saves. You can copy them and use them on other consoles. Not Smash though, because you can't even put it in the SD card.