NEurope
ipaul

Would you like fries with that?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7211958.stm

McDonald's 'A-level' is launched

Workers will be trained in customer service

Fast-food giant McDonald's has become one of the first firms to offer its own nationally recognised qualifications.

It will offer a "basic shift manager" course, training staff in skills such as human resources and marketing.

The Qualifications and Curriculum Authority said the company had been approved to develop courses up to the equivalent of A-level standard.

The QCA will also allow Network Rail and Flybe to award qualifications based on their workplace training schemes.

Well thats just.....odd =P

Well a job at McDonalds has always been considered pretty low on the career ladder, so maybe they are trying to get rid of that image?

Im sure we do that too. One of those NQA or something...some acronymn I forget. Like basic level (well...GCSE? A Level?) english and maths.

When I was going through my keyholder training the bitch who came to set it up asked me if I were doing it and I said "No because, frankly, Im at uni and its beneath me." If life were the internet, someone would have shouted PWNED!

If life were the internet, someone would have shouted PWNED!

((....PWNED!!! ))

i had a similar experience when my ex-manager asked why i was leaving my job rather than going for the assistant manager position at that shop (we didn't get along too well... heh) and i told him it was because i was going to get a "real job" /XD

while i was working there at christmas i noticed that GAME do something similar - i think they sponsor the employee on a business course?? :wtf: seems like a good idea but this "macdonnalds a-level" just looks like they're trying to glorify their training process~ *shrug*

People with A-Levels (or equivalent) working at McDonalds. I thought the only quality you needed was that of a chav

________

ASS AMATEUR

Edited by fex

People with A-Levels (or equivalent) working at McDonalds. I thought the only quality you needed was that of a chav

Nah, chavs dont have jobs, theyre doleys, well real chavs anyways.

If you actually worked at a place like that, its a proper laugh, well the one i worked in for a year was, it was like college, with lots of food, young people and earning money, i loved it, best part time job ever.

Slightly off topic.

It's "chips" not "fries", I don't like this "americanization" McD's and co are trying to bring about.

Well well, this is a laugh really. Wonder how far you would get in life with a McDonalds qualification. "Learn as you eat" should be their motto for this.

Slightly off topic.

It's "chips" not "fries", I don't like this "americanization" McD's and co are trying to bring about.

nah chips are thick, fries are skinny :yay:

Slightly off topic.

Lets keep it English then and use Americanisation instead.

________

Ipad Guide

Edited by fex

English is an evolving language, therefore if "Chips" become "Fries" well, that's life.

A McDonalds qualification... hmm. I guess the important thing is that the workforce get more transferrable skills so that they have more future options.

Chips and fries are totally different things anyway.

Chips are thick and short, not very crunchy.

Fries are longer, thinner and crunchy.

There is alot between them tbh.

This sounds interesting, if wierd. I work at a McDonalds, but I've never heard it mentioned until now...

Although I doubt I'll stay there long enough to get a qualification from them, I bloody hate the place! I'm finishing uni soon, so I'm hoping to get a decent job in a few months.