NEurope
Supergrunch

Grunch's spectacular forum roleplay! (now with character profiles and auditions)

If you want someone then you have to audition for them. This means writing a short piece (no essays necessary) from their perspective - a description of part of their day, say.

What form are you looking for here? First-person, third-person? With descriptors or just plucked thoughts?

I think I might give Anna Sayles a go, although having not been to either University nor the ladies' bathroom it might require a bit of poetic license. It would actually take even more of a creative leap to pretend I knew anything about maths, so...

What form are you looking for here? First-person, third-person? With descriptors or just plucked thoughts?

I think I might give Anna Sayles a go, although having not been to either University nor the ladies' bathroom it might require a bit of poetic license. It would actually take even more of a creative leap to pretend I knew anything about maths, so...

You don't have to know about maths to play the Jim or Henry, but I suppose it could be difficult. Anyhoo, I'm looking for third person, with direct speech, and also descriptors if you want to include them.

So an audition would be like a diary excert almost?

Nope, because it's third person. I'm looking for you to write as you'd be writing in the roleplay. Let me give a brief example for style purposes (not being any character in particular):

She looked round, and noticed that she'd left her bag on the table. Going back to retrieve it, she noticed a guy standing by the desk.

"Hi, did you see a bag around here?"

"Yep, there's one there," he said, pointing to the side of the chair.

"Ah, okay, thanks."

So yeah, that's the sort of style... but try to write something more interesting. Feel free to control NPCs.

Hm, to be brutally honest I don't think I'm that interested in any of the roles besides the 16 year old, who I think most people would be aiming for, and the idea of doing it in third person is a bit odd, it almost becomes a narrative role rather than a roleplay in that sense.

But I'll observe with interest and maybe join in next time, if all goes well enough to warrant one.

Hm, to be brutally honest I don't think I'm that interested in any of the roles besides the 16 year old, who I think most people would be aiming for, and the idea of doing it in third person is a bit odd, it almost becomes a narrative role rather than a roleplay in that sense.

But I'll observe with interest and maybe join in next time, if all goes well enough to warrant one.

I'm with you. I don't think I'd be able to relate to any of the characters so far, so I wouldn't really do it an justice. I think I'll hold on and see how it develops.

Well I could imagine being the maths teacher, but as has been said already, I know nothing about maths.

You want to give them some sort of mental or physical traits or characteristics to shape the narration a little? Bounding these characters a little more may give people more ideas for assuming their roles.

Well. seems to me that Anna always gets taken in by her surroundings, and the maths teachers sounds like the dude from Good Will Hunting (the professor).

Well I could imagine being the maths teacher, but as has been said already, I know nothing about maths.

You want to give them some sort of mental or physical traits or characteristics to shape the narration a little? Bounding these characters a little more may give people more ideas for assuming their roles.

Hmm, I could do. Currently I was going to let it sort of come out as the stroy was being told, but either way is good. And don't worry much about the maths thing... if this goes the way I want it to, there won't be much maths involved.

I'd like to do it. When are the auditions closing? I'll probably have a go tomorrow if that's ok.

I'd like to do it. When are the auditions closing? I'll probably have a go tomorrow if that's ok.

No time in particular - just go for it. I've so far had one audition for Agatha.

Can we audition for more than one or are you limiting it?

Nope, try for as many as you like.

Will we get feedback from our auditions and a chance to improve/change or will we just get back the results when it ends?