NEurope
Raining_again

Piercings and/or tattoos!

I don't think I've ever had the impulse to directly copy a design, although I like some of them (a friend had coheed and cumbria tattoos done and they look amazing), I'm also abit worried about ever letting pictures of any tattoos I get done put on the interwebz xD

Platty neck piercing? Nape maybe hmmf I love those piercings but never see the point when people have long hair.

I have my ears peirced in THREE different places from when I was 15. I am well rock and roll. Had to lie about my age in the hairdressers and everything.

So yes, as you know I got a surface wrist piercing! Its a 20mm staple bar - (I would have liked to have had a longer one, but my wrists are a bit on the thin side..)

This is it when its in non octopus mode.

dsc00851ma1.jpg

Would a staple bar last longer than a straighter or a flexi one? Its pretty awesome! Was it sore?

I'm not gonna get any more piercings for the time being. My immune system is on the fritz, what with all the meds I've been pumping into myself. And my 2nd nose and ears are still healing.

Yeah :(

I put on some numbing cream before my exam, but by the time I'd gotten to the guy's house, it had worn off!!

I was just sitting there completely dreading it! I watched though, and it bled quite a bit :(

Would a staple bar last longer than a straighter or a flexi one? Its pretty awesome! Was it sore?

I'm not gonna get any more piercings for the time being. My immune system is on the fritz, what with all the meds I've been pumping into myself. And my 2nd nose and ears are still healing.

Staple bars are ALOT better than straight bars, its like my eyebrow piercing straight bars put quite alot of pressure to move out, surface piercings are a pain to keep as it is so you may as well have good jewellery to have a chance of keeping it for a good few months/even years :) . You can get flexi which is ptfe but it only really works for some people or imo in hip piercings, whereas metal staple bars are better for like letty's arm :yay:

I think it looks great by the way, well done ^_^

Yeah :(

I put on some numbing cream before my exam, but by the time I'd gotten to the guy's house, it had worn off!!

I was just sitting there completely dreading it! I watched though, and it bled quite a bit :(

owowowow!!

Did they pinch it up to pierce it? I imagine it would be sore putting the staple in...Ack the painnnn :shakehead

EDIT: yeah i figured that they probably would be with the angular-ness. Its rather nice and I hope it lasts a while considering the pain you went through letty!

Is it just me who hates studs for healing piercings? I took my ear studs out and I'm glad I did, there's now quite a bit of crap coming out of them. And I was pretty religious with cleaning.

I've still got the fucking spot on my noseee ARGH! Its basically stopped bleeding tho, thank god!

*his fears of veins, wrists and palms of hands/fingertips were just brought up through the picture of that piercing*

owowowow!!

Did they pinch it up to pierce it? I imagine it would be sore putting the staple in...Ack the painnnn :shakehead

EDIT: yeah i figured that they probably would be with the angular-ness. Its rather nice and I hope it lasts a while considering the pain you went through letty!

Is it just me who hates studs for healing piercings? I took my ear studs out and I'm glad I did, there's now quite a bit of crap coming out of them. And I was pretty religious with cleaning.

I've still got the fucking spot on my noseee ARGH! Its basically stopped bleeding tho, thank god!

studs as in butterly backs? or studs as in labrets? :confused:

studs as in butterly backs? or studs as in labrets? :confused:

the butterfly back ones. They are very tight against my ears, maybe i have fat ears or some shit. :heh:

Eurgh that's because they are crap jewellery, everyone tends to have the same problem, specially when your ears are gunned anyway, I had a right pain getting mine off when I had my right lobe done and then it left me with scar tissue the size of a 5p.

So yeah...-.-, labret studs can be bought in titainium for cheaper than claries sells those horrible butterfly backs, it's just a shame butterfly fronts look more appealing to most people.

Eurgh that's because they are crap jewellery, everyone tends to have the same problem, specially when your ears are gunned anyway, I had a right pain getting mine off when I had my right lobe done and then it left me with scar tissue the size of a 5p.

So yeah...-.-, labret studs can be bought in titainium for cheaper than claries sells those horrible butterfly backs, it's just a shame butterfly fronts look more appealing to most people.

I like them just for the fact that they don't come off at all. I had problems trying to get them off nearly had to take my ear with me! I now have blue horseshoe hoop things with cone ends in my ears, and they feel a lot better.

How is the scarring thing healing up? Hopefully if mine go okay now ill be able to start stretching in a wean of months time. ^_____________^

I have my nose pierced,my ears-two pierces in each and one stretching on the left ear,also I used to have my belly pierced but it got infected :(

Photo-0019.jpg

Right above the piercing closer to my face. BIG SPOT! And I can't squeeze the damn thing cause of all the metal in the way XD

By the way, I don't go round wearing those two mismatched hoops, incase anyone thought I was a bit mad. I use a keeper in the non spotty one as the spotty one is still healing! :heh:

erm you sure that's not scarring again hun? when you mentioned it, it sounded like a spot, but now that looks like scarring..

I had one very very similar with the piercing beside it, could be that the jewellery is a little heavy maybe. It was me that requested the hoop, and its a 1.2mm/16g size, so that may be the issue i'm having. The first one cleared fine after a little time.

Hm i had a look on t'internets, and it seems pretty similar to hypertrophic scarring... At least it isnt a keloid, they look horrific :/

I have some camomile tea at home so i'll use that and see if it clears.

Most people don't get keloids, mostly you only need to worry when you have a history of it in the family.

Chamomile is great, maybe try a labret for a while? scarrings because of irratation and rings are stupidly notorious for that.

Most people don't get keloids, mostly you only need to worry when you have a history of it in the family.

Chamomile is great, maybe try a labret for a while? scarrings because of irratation and rings are stupidly notorious for that.

Hmmmm yeah maybe. As its still a bit messy I might try the camomile soaks for a bit see if it clears it. I don't like having bars in when its healing - I tried that with my last nose piercing and found it kinda difficult to clean. I'll probably try a bar if the camomile doesn't clear it tho =)

Hmmmm yeah maybe. As its still a bit messy I might try the camomile soaks for a bit see if it clears it. I don't like having bars in when its healing - I tried that with my last nose piercing and found it kinda difficult to clean. I'll probably try a bar if the camomile doesn't clear it tho =)

Cool beans, I know what you mean I have two labret bars in my double tragus and it makes the back so horrible to try and clean. If all else fails try a nose screw? bit easier to clean if anything.

Soooo I decided to go to the tattooist today. I wanted to check on this thing on my nose. He said it wasn't a boil but it was from that family. Ew lovely.

So on the spur of the moment, I got this done. Forgive the awful photo:

Photo-0043.jpg

I have big bloody ears... Wow i've only just noticed XD

Are they yours?

Tbh i think they look crap. The cartoony look doesn't go well in my opinion.

Are they yours?

I agree about the quality, although they are funny, they could have been done alot better.

I've gotten really critical about tattoos and piercings since looking at modblog and bmezine so much. :blank:

Are they yours?

No they're not mine.

And the quality and style is fine, much better than all the ten a penny tribal stuff that is so fashionable. I'd rather have something along those lines, and have loads in a similar style. Tribal is just crappy and unimaginitive.

No they're not mine.

And the quality and style is fine, much better than all the ten a penny tribal stuff that is so fashionable. I'd rather have something along those lines, and have loads in a similar style. Tribal is just crappy and unimaginitive.

Tribal is awful, I don't like those tattoos on how they were done (the two images) only on the image itself, it's a funny tattoo to have.

People are selling themselves short when it comes to tattooing, there's alot of decent artists out there and people just don't bother to go find them because they don't go and travel for them. (although it should be said that this paragraph is slightly seperate to the above, as it's been bugging me for sometime).

6_dsc3923.jpg

This guy (nigel palmer) was recently introduced to me, his work is amazing and he only does black work. I would love to go and see him about some writing

This guy lives right near me and I never even realised, although I don't think I'd ever go to him, he does amazing dark images of people etc.

493040500_l.jpg