NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Fancy A Curry?

I remember this upsetting you last time i mentioned i hadn't had a curry Rez... :heh:

I'll Make it my New Years Resolution. :grin:

That....that is an excellent New Years Resolution. :bowdown:

I love curry and try many different dishes but always end up falling back on the old favourite:

Chicken tikka masala, pilau rice, peshwari naan, bombay aloo and of course some popadoms for starters.

YUMS + calorie gain! :D

Well, my mum makes absolutely fucking amazing curry of all kinds, none of this British, pussified, curry sauce bollocks.

What do you go for then Bard?

Authentic Indian? Cus that the best stuff in my opinion. The best place to get that is when I go round a friends who's Indian and their mum makes a 'curry'.

Puts everything else to shame it really does.

I have Curries regurley. I normally order Lamb curry, japatae(sp?) or naan, a yogurt and mind dip, a chille dip, and two shishkebabs.

What do you go for then Bard?

Authentic Indian? Cus that the best stuff in my opinion. The best place to get that is when I go round a friends who's Indian and their mum makes a 'curry'.

Puts everything else to shame it really does.

Oh yeh. Sometimes my work mates bring in homemade curry, it's a lot better than whatever they sell a the supermarket or resturants.

I have Curries regurley. I normally order...and two shishkebabs.

I have never heard of someone having a shish kebab with a curry before. I thought a shish kebab was Turkish.

The Indian just down the road from me does the most amazing Vegetable Mughlana. I tend to try a different curry pretty much every time I have one, unless I'm making at home in which case it's this amazing recipe I found once, or a Korma. yum yum.

The replies in this thread make me happy, good to see some fellow curry fans on this forum! :D

I think we should chip in and get Eenuh and Coolness Bears a curry. :)

The Bard: My Mum makes her own currys, and they are spicy as hell the majority of the time. She really loves her chillis, she just piles them in like there's no tomorrow.

I either have a Chicken Tikka Madras or a Lamb Rogan Josh with Pilaw Rice, Bombay Aloo and a Garlic Naan if i go to a takeout. If i go to a resturant, then it will either be a Madras or Chicken Tikka stuffed with Keema along with everything else side-dish wise.

I love curries.. I'll pretty much eat any of them with chicken tikka in them.

Whack a garlic naan and pilau on the side, with baajis. I want one now.. :(

Indian stuff doesn't have to be spicy. When I was young I always used to get a madras/vindaloo as some sort of manly thing but then I realised that it wasn't too pleasant. If you just get a plain curry, or something like a bhuna, or a balti, then it has the same taste but little-to-no fire in the mouth and little-to-no fire in the ass the next day. Or a Korma if you want a different taste entirely.

Standard Indian takeaway for me is Lamb Balti, chips, popadoms and a naan bread. I prefer chips to rice as I'm a scruffy lad from deprived Teesside.

This is how i do it these days now, while all my mates are trying to see who will eat the hottest curry im always ordering from the wierd section of the menu. I make a point of ordering something i've never heard of before when i go out for a meal, it's the best time to try new food!

I always find it difficult not to order a Malayan Chicken Birriani though, thats my favourite curry dish by far! It's got a banana on it! And pinapple! And an omlette! Not spicy, but very tasty.

The replies in this thread make me happy, good to see some fellow curry fans on this forum! :D

I think we should chip in and get Eenuh and Coolness Bears a curry. :)

The Bard: My Mum makes her own currys, and they are spicy as hell the majority of the time. She really loves her chillis, she just piles them in like there's no tomorrow.

Hehe! that would be great! :D

We could start The Official N-europe Eenuh and Coolnesss Bears Curry Fund! :heh:

Hehe! that would be great! :D

We could start The Official N-europe Eenuh and Coolnesss Bears Curry Fund! :heh:

Bagsy a naan. :heh:

Best curry house in Shanghai is near to my old apartment. Run by an English-born Indian family, they had just the biggest variety of curries I have ever seen, plus they were ultra-nice to everyone who went in, even the drunk japanese guys.

It's all about the Chicken Madras with Peshwari Naan for me. If anyone is in bournemouth, head to the Westbourne Tandoori House, in Westbourne believe it or not. It has the best Madras ever.

It's all about the Chicken Madras with Peshwari Naan for me. If anyone is in bournemouth, head to the Westbourne Tandoori House, in Westbourne believe it or not. It has the best Madras ever.

I live near there :)

flinky you rogue- you've unleashed The Hunger

FYI- it's all about lamb curry of various breeds.