• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this look up to the job? (should be in HDTV thread, sorry)

click me

I think I'll hold off getting the actual console to see if we get a sexy white FF XIII PS3 like Japan did.

Go for it. I've got the 32" version of the H3000, which is the model above that and they really are good TVs. There's heaps of good stuff about them on the AVForums.

Okay then, second annoying question. I can juuuuuust afford a console now, which console/bundle do I go for? ShopTo are selling a 250gb slim with Uncharted for only £260!

EDIT: Also, will the console want to update itself as soon as it turns on? As I said, no internet for a while but I take it the slim's will have a relatively recent firmware already installed. Sorry for all the questions!

EDIT EDIT: Arghhh scrap that. Shopto won't deliver to my Uni halls untill I've sent a couple of deliveries to my billing address to verify the card blah blah, basically I'm looking for a cheap/good console elsewhere now.

Edited by CooInTheZoo

Also, will the console want to update itself as soon as it turns on? As I said, no internet for a while but I take it the slim's will have a relatively recent firmware already installed. Sorry for all the questions!

You can actually download the latest firmware from the PlayStation website and whack it on a USB drive, so at least you can always have access to the latest features.

I disagree. I wouldn't worry about playing number 1 right now. Otherwise you'll be playing both in quick succession which will just get boring, and there's not really a great carry over between the two character-wise so basically just ignore Shorty.

I disagree. I wouldn't worry about playing number 1 right now. Otherwise you'll be playing both in quick succession which will just get boring, and there's not really a great carry over between the two character-wise so basically just ignore Shorty.

I agree with this post.

But Among Thieves is like the first game, only a bit better. Just play the second one, that way you save money, probably come to like the series more because you haven't saturated it, and then you may feel like picking up the original at a later date.

meerkat.jpg

Simples

But why ignore a great game? It's not like the first Uncharted is expensive. I'm sure you can find it for around a tenner.

There's no need to rush into playing the second straight after either. If you want until the price comes down on that you'll save money as well.

He got it in a bundle.... And obviously I was just trying to show their similarity in my last post. The second is much better in 'amazingness' terms, but almost identical gameplay wise so I wouldn't consider Drake's Fortune an essential purchase anymore.

Yeah, the sequel comes free with the console from HMV (who, incidentally just emailed me saying "we've cancelled your order, your bank says it looks like suspicious activity" I guess paying rent and buying tech goodies on the same day was a bit too much for my student account to handle) but I have every intention of buying the first one at some point down the road. I'll think of it as a prequel - that'll be okay won't it?

I have a weird thing happening on my PS3. When I compare Trophies it says I have unlocked 61% on MW2 which is right, but when I compare with a few select people it says I have 17%.

Anyone know why this is?

It is prob just the servers being shit. Sometimes they don't all sync up together straight away, it will sort it's self out eventually.