• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Sony will do what conferences should be about: Games, games games. Oh and a new console.

There won't be anything too spectacular unless they announce that the PSP Go solves world poverty but hopefully the games are good and they won't have to resort to different controllers etc.

PSPgo will definately get most of the focus. Maybe some PSN stuff. PS3 not so sure. But there is always GC in August for more. GT5 not making a showing is annoying but then again GT5 could get its own full 0show later lol. People not into GT would moan about it going by since GT franchise ever appeared.

I expect games like MAG and Heavy Rain on the PS3 side to get a ton of focus because they are fresh. Thats where alot of Sony's PS3 strengths have been. They dont try to make a game that simple as PS's version/killer of game B on another system.

MS conference was lacking in that they felt like they were catching up rather than leading with any new ideas. The games shown are the same old sequels. Halo ODST looked surprisingly cookie cutter for example. Natal was interesting but no actual game to show for it unlike Nintendo's e3 back in the day. Dissapointing given they are last at this non standard controller tech stuff.

The latest update to Home allows video streaming, so that's how they'll be able to show the conference without a massive download.

Still shame it isn't live. Maybe next year.

I will be there in case but with a laptop. There are going to be give aways.

Really? That's pretty cool. Where did you find that out?

the eu or the us psn blog mention freebies.

pics of booth. Tekken 6 and Trash Panic are there. One game not shown before but it sounds like PSN game. Buzz is there but i think the US are behind on it.

3588132582_7c10f31061_b.jpg

3588132646_a30439dc4d_b.jpg

3588183244_a83f3a7061_b.jpg

3588183314_7e3a8e8f91_b.jpg

3588016605_6b50a98515_b.jpg

3588840274_dab761915a_b.jpg

Hmm GT mobile packaging?

I recall from the Eurogamer show how the PS3 stuff looked nicer simply because of the TV's they used. Sony use Bravia and MS used Samsung.

PSPgo will definately get most of the focus. Maybe some PSN stuff. PS3 not so sure. But there is always GC in August for more. GT5 not making a showing is annoying but then again GT5 could get its own full 0show later lol. People not into GT would moan about it going by since GT franchise ever appeared.

I expect games like MAG and Heavy Rain on the PS3 side to get a ton of focus because they are fresh. Thats where alot of Sony's PS3 strengths have been. They dont try to make a game that simple as PS's version/killer of game B on another system.

MS conference was lacking in that they felt like they were catching up rather than leading with any new ideas. The games shown are the same old sequels. Halo ODST looked surprisingly cookie cutter for example. Natal was interesting but no actual game to show for it unlike Nintendo's e3 back in the day. Dissapointing given they are last at this non standard controller tech stuff.

You sound pessimistic and I'm guessing it's because you want to show that you are expecting (even if you're not) Sony's conference to be bad, or even anything from Sony to be bad, just so that it softens the pain if/when it isn't good.

Fact is the conference is 2 hours long so there is plenty of time to focus on both PS3 and PSP.

I think they need to do GAMES GAMES GAMES and nothing else...If they spend time focussing on selling the virtues of the playstation brand and their growth etc...I'll be annoyed. Killer LBP content would be awesome and connectivity with the PSP version...I don't really care about the new hardware...I may get PSP Go! at some point but think a DS upgrade is needed more.

You sound pessimistic and I'm guessing it's because you want to show that you are expecting (even if you're not) Sony's conference to be bad, or even anything from Sony to be bad, just so that it softens the pain if/when it isn't good.

Fact is the conference is 2 hours long so there is plenty of time to focus on both PS3 and PSP.

Bingo.

PS3 needs to get a good showing so why they wouldn't give it one is just stupid.

There's so many games coming out on PS3 and PSN it could easily have it's own show so that's probably why it is 2 hours long. Microsoft had quite a few surprises, I don't think Sony's will but there's bound to be great footage and more importantly release dates.

It'll be nice to have a few surprises in there, and there will be a couple I think. We know so little about PSP Go, I reckon there's a feature there which hasn't been revealed yet. Who knows but Sony?

I think the Nintendo conference will be laughable again. They really need to get rid of that woman, terrible!

I think they need to do GAMES GAMES GAMES and nothing else...If they spend time focussing on selling the virtues of the playstation brand and their growth etc...I'll be annoyed. Killer LBP content would be awesome and connectivity with the PSP version...I don't really care about the new hardware...I may get PSP Go! at some point but think a DS upgrade is needed more.

Of the games i am confident e3 itself will be exciting like last year even without any surprises compared to MS's conference but their conference presentation isnt very good compared to MS or even Nintendo. They need to up their showmanship. I bet you alot of it will be powerpoints and talk lol(Nintendo also abit guilty). MS had a MTC type thing going on though i found it painful to watch anyway. Having said that its not a big deal. I just want info on the games i like.

Lack of GT5 is strange imo. Its their biggest franchise. But i guess PSP is also a bigger seller for them. Hence GT Mobile which i am also hyped for lol.

I think the Nintendo conference will be laughable again. They really need to get rid of that woman, terrible!

Yeah but Nintendo deliver the most in recent years as e3 is an industry conference. They have to target the broader market not just people who sit by the internet on e3 :p

Edited by Choze

Sony's conference last year was easily the best presented. They didn't have some tard like Duffy or Uffie, whoever the hell it was, taking the stage or some annoying woman who can't close her big yapping mouth. The LBP thing was excellent and the whole tone of the show was restrained but entertaining.

Showmanship? You mean they have to act more like drunken buffoons? No thanks.

Sony's conference last year was easily the best presented. They didn't have some tard like Duffy or Uffie, whoever the hell it was, taking the stage or some annoying woman who can't close her big yapping mouth. The LBP thing was excellent and the whole tone of the show was restrained but entertaining.

Showmanship? You mean they have to act more like drunken buffoons? No thanks.

I dont really care but to alot of people MS had the best last year. Sony came out fine by end of e3 thanks to the games on show.

But judging by how games like LBP, KZ2 and Infamous were received e3 wasnt very good at determining how good they were really going to be. I like Sony's direction of software. They are trying new things which i like and they seem to promote good game design. Quite confident about the next batch of games :)

Well I was at work now and have missed everything so not got a clue what has occurred at the Sony press conference, so going to find a replay now and sit and watch it all unveil before my eyes like you all did a few hours ago then I'll come back and join the convo!

Well I was at work now and have missed everything so not got a clue what has occurred at the Sony press conference, so going to find a replay now and sit and watch it all unveil before my eyes like you all did a few hours ago then I'll come back and join the convo!

Your in for a real treat Flamey - easily the best conference at E3 (and longest) so many great games.

Sigh can't find anywhere that has a replay of the conference up yet. Gamespot still encoding there is one on justin.tv but its half way through I think...

EDIT;

I've not been on Playstation Store since last week but like Choze just said it has changed...and sound effects are different, is this the update you meant?!

Sigh can't find anywhere that has a replay of the conference up yet. Gamespot still encoding there is one on justin.tv but its half way through I think...

EDIT;

I've not been on Playstation Store since last week but like Choze just said it has changed...and sound effects are different, is this the update you meant?!

There is more to come. They havent put stuff up. Also daily updates. Last year they were quick but imagine this year the traffic is going to be insane.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!