• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Day one purchase for me...

Same. Good they are at least making some upgrades. Straight PSN ports annoy me nowadays. Especially when they actually cut stuff just to work within Live arcade limits.

With Disk games you always get standard features like enhanced sound(unlike video) as mandatory no matter what, but PSN itself does not have any guarantee.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/07/nycc-09-bomberman-ultra-hands-on-psn/

Bomberman Ultra out within the month on PSN.

Its an enhanced version of Bomberman Live with all the dlc included. Also 7 players instead of 4, which is always nice.

Might buy Lumines Supernova today.

Got it for the Wii so might give it a miss, although if you lot are playing it I might have to download it. Besides, it should look better in High Def:idea:

Having read more on it...

Flower's (media elusive) yet powerful 2nd half is totally engulfing my mind. I am adamant NOT to get near any spoilers. The title just keeps on sounding better and better. I like the way the developers are going for emotional aspects of play, THAT is where I wish more games to eventually settle.

Sounds really nice. Loved fl0w so anything there is gold to me(hopefully).

Another PSN game i strongly recommend is Crash Commando if you like shooting. Its basicaly a fps team deathmatch game in 2D. Really good fun. Very underexposed.

Lumines is excellent too. You have over 60 skins (compared to 20 on xbox live) and its very polished. Was well worth it IMO. As usual the trophies have very high requirements but i dont buy for those.

Both games have the one more go quality.

Cuboid is something i will try out. Its getting great impressions as a puzzle game. Maybe this week or next?

Just to mix things up because i know KZ2 will dominate my time.

Cuboid is something i will try out. Its getting great impressions as a puzzle game. Maybe this week or next?

I bought it the other day. In terms of mechanics you can find very similar Flash games, if I'm honest, but it's really nicely presented, introduces new elements at a good pace, and is generally a good antidote to the more action-packed downloadable titles. I'd feel more comfortable recommending it at £4.99 rather than the £7.99 it actually costs, but it's a good puzzle game to dip into now and then and should represent several hours of play time if you're hoping to get all the Trophies.

Prediction: Flower will be the closest thing to Rez since... well, Rez.

Happy days - got this email on Sunday,

To: George Cook

Your order for Western Digital Scorpio WD3200BEVT 320GB 2.5" Internal SATA Hard Drive (Sony Playstation PS3 Compatible) has been posted.

Please note PLAY.COM will show on your statement.

Please allow 3-5 days delivery.

Sweet! - I've backed up my data in anticipation of this!

Also checked I could unscrew hard drive as I've heard all the horror stories about screws being too tight but all is well there too!

Happy days - got this email on Sunday,

Sweet! - I've backed up my data in anticipation of this!

Also checked I could unscrew hard drive as I've heard all the horror stories about screws being too tight but all is well there too!

thats a decent deal, id consider that due to my 40gig ps3.

that said, im only using it for game saves, deliting game files if i dont plan to use em for a bit.

can you copy psnetwork games youve downloaded?

can you copy psnetwork games youve downloaded?

A backup backs everything up, including settings, themes, and even save games you can't normally copy. You can only restore the data to the same PS3, but as far as I'm aware having a different HDD in it is a non-issue. (And would negate the point of the whole process a bit.)

I'm tempted to get one of the WD 500GB drives as they're only £90, although it would no doubt be overkill unless I start using the PS3 as a media centre. Still it's a good price considering you'd get a 120GB 360 drive for the same amount of cash; Microsoft seriously need to reign those accessory prices back to reality!

Yay!

I joined the PS3 club yesterday after one too many breakdowns with my 360. I got a preowned 60GB backwards compatible one so I can play some of the PS2 classics again. I only have Littlebigplanet at the minute but I plan to get Resistance 2 and Uncharted soon.

uncharted is awsome, as is LBP, though that requires you to delve deeper.

Yay!

I joined the PS3 club yesterday after one too many breakdowns with my 360. I got a preowned 60GB backwards compatible one so I can play some of the PS2 classics again. I only have Littlebigplanet at the minute but I plan to get Resistance 2 and Uncharted soon.

LBP is sexcellent. Caters to all levels of play. Have fun trying out demos. Uncharted is an excellent game. R2 is great too though has KZ2 's shadow hanging over it. It does have a 60 player VS mode though and 8 player RPG style coop.

Resistance 2 is awesome online, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise ;)

Our new HDTV has been set up in the lounge :shock: it looks great, but can't seem to get the PS3 picture up. I can hear sound on one of the 'av' things but can't get picture. I've plugged an HDMI cable into HDMI 1 but when I choose HDMI 1 on av nothing happens... Tried scart as well but same problem.