NEurope
gaggle64

The World Ends With You - Squeenix Fashion-Dance-JRPG!

Also I still haven't completed the game I'm on the final boss and keep getting owned in the face and I'n wandering if any of you had advice for me on how to defeat him? :D

Couldnt you just do a bit of grinding til you can beat the snot outta him?

I started this again last week and I have once again just reached the point that I stopped playing it last time. I just keep taking my DS into work and do some levelling up at break time. Im nearly level 40 and on Week 2 day 2.

EDIT: Coolness, is that the guy off City of Gold in your avatar? I used to love that as a kid.

Couldnt you just do a bit of grinding til you can beat the snot outta him?

I started this again last week and I have once again just reached the point that I stopped playing it last time. I just keep taking my DS into work and do some levelling up at break time. Im nearly level 40 and on Week 2 day 2.

EDIT: Coolness, is that the guy off City of Gold in your avatar? I used to love that as a kid.

Yes it is! Dog amoto? (sorry If I got your name wrong!) said I look like the character and I have to say I agree. :p So made it my avatar!

I didn't think of that! :grin:

Yeah I'm not actually at a very high level at the moment anyway as I didn't grind at all during the game and only really faced the necessary amount of enemies. that would make it much easier thanks. :D

That's what I used to do with Pokemon Pearl at school just level up up up and UP! and break time (not much else to do. :p)

Unfortunately I'm sending my DS off tomorrow so won't be able to play this game for a while. :(

my copy has been on back order at zavvi for a week now... Slightly worried they'll not get any more in.

Ive been playing this quite abit today, just doing alot of grinding ( mid 50s now ) and progressing the story. Some of the revelations in the later days in the 2nd week are quite mind blowing. Im on the last day of week 2 now....

I just got this game - it's brilliant!

I've always hated Square Enix RPGs up until now, but this game is awesome.

I'm on the 6th Day, I'm guessing there must be some kind of twist that makes the game longer than seven days, because I've only had the game for two days (although I have been playing huge amounts of it).

I have been leaving my DS on in mingle mode while I have been asleep hoping to get some aliens visiting so I can gain some MMP. I just checked G-Faqs this morning to see if there is a quicker method to obtaining the points and there is!

1. You fire your Wii up

2. Go to the Nintendo Channel

3. Download any DS demo so the data is transmitting

4. Keep coming in and out of mingle mode on TWEWY

The game detects the Wii as a Civvie so you gain MMP. Ive been doing this for a while today and im finally making progress in evolving my pins

Sorry if this method has already been posted but I just found it out :)

That is the first thing I did when I got the Nintendo Channel! :o

lol Clearly I've been living under a rock :)

Im level 60 now with still 6 days left to do. Im hoping I can at least finish the main story before Final Fantasy IV arrives in a few weeks.

Im level 60 now with still 6 days left to do. Im hoping I can at least finish the main story before Final Fantasy IV arrives in a few weeks.

I'm level thirty and on the last day! I've been doing all my fighting on normal so I'm might not get a much XP as others.

I'm level thirty and on the last day! I've been doing all my fighting on normal so I'm might not get a much XP as others.

Ive just been playing on normal aswell but I love ginding on RPGs. I tend to just slam Family Guy or Scrubs dvds on while I do battle after battle. Im trying to go up 10 levels per day in game so I will be level 99 ( is that the max? ) before the end boss arrives.

Nah! :D the two just clicked for me!!! I was immediately like...

I wonder if Mingle Works?

I didn't know anyone else did it! :p

As for grinding I used to watch Family Guy and The Simpsons while levelling up my Pokemans. I'm not really watching them though mainly listening! :heh:

As for grinding I used to watch Family Guy and The Simpsons while levelling up my Pokemans. I'm not really watching them though mainly listening! :heh:

Yeah pretty much what I do :)

I finished this today after I grinded up to level 82. The last boss was quite simple once I got a few of my decent pins together and the ending was quite a shock aswell. Im not sure if I can be bothered with doing the extra story, at least not at the moment.

Methinks I need a break from this and perhaps from gaming for a week or so as im feeling quite burned out at the moment.

I finally finished the basic game. That last boss was brutal, got whipped in the normal difficulty round. Mind you it only took 1 go on easy difficulty.

I've only just cleared Day 4, but i'm loving it. I'm starting to experiment with the two screen battles now- its so daunting to even try on earlier days! But its very, very rewarding to successfully win this way. There's so much depth to this game, i'm absolutely loving it. One of the best games on DS

Someone help me - Week 2, Day 7: The mother-freaking Green Pig at Shibuya Main Store - It's the one that instantly runs away after the first hit. Immobility and freeze attacks don't work... What the hell am I supposed to do????

EDIT: Emergency over. I've been informed by a TWEWY expert how to complete this task.

Just bought the soundtrack off iTunes and it reminds me how awesome the music is, although I can't seem to find Transformation in it :weep:

I haven't played the game for a while, but I keep meaning to go back to it and fully complete week 3.

IGN interview ahoy!

IGN: Many memorable RPGs in history have incredible musical scores as well. Do you feel that in games like role-playing titles, that having strong audio is even more vital than in other genres? Was the music in The World Ends With You a primary focus from the beginning of the game's conception?

Kando: Music is an extremely important element in portraying an RPG world. It is probably a cinematic effect that we couldn't do without. Our initial request to the composer was for music of various genres that one might hear when walking through the streets of Shibuya. There would be no synergy unless the game world and music are in sync.

The OST rules my iPod. The music is easily one of the best things about the game. Takeharu Ishimoto is a genius; it's just a shame most people know him for his work on Crisis Core, which pales in comparison to the score found on TWEWY.

The World Ends With You is a game I really need to grasp my attention next time I play it. I've just finished Hotel Dusk and don't really fancy jumping right into it, particularly with going back to University yesterday and the likelihood of having a lot of work to do over the next few months :heh:

I scratched the surface of the game before, but it wasn't doing much for me.. though perhaps when I get the hang of the badges and combat things will improve. I considered selling it a few weeks ago if I got a good offer, but I want to like it :heh:

Came across this write up of TWEWY and thought it would be worth sharing- its pretty much gobbledegook to me as its still a game that I've not got round to buying. :heh:

[in this rare postmortem, originally published in Gamasutra's sister Game Developer magazine, the creators behind acclaimed DS title The World Ends With You at Square Enix and Jupiter describe exactly what went right -- and wrong -- while making the innovative touch-screen title.]

Link!

HAS SOMEONE BUMPED THIS THREAD???!!!

I'm in Pork City on the 'Another Day'. Just need to track down the remaining pig symbols in the in the tower and defeat the 'ultimate enemy' then I'll have every secret report. Sah-weet.

Nice one. I lost interest in collecting the secret reports after one of the stupid green pigs that proved impossible to defeat. :(

Some of them have a weird knack. I remeber there's a couple that require a certain pin, but even if you don't find you have it, a strong top-screen offence can still kill the pig. Or perhaps it's the one that appears to be asleep and whenever you attack it, it runs away. That bitch got me too, until I learned you have to close your DS then open it again ('sleep' mode, geddit?...).

I got bored of the story in this game pretty quickly.