N-Europe

Big Internet Scavenger Hunt (BISH)

jayseven

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you could just extend the game until the end of January? :P

nooo yu cheating cheaty cheater!! just cause us girls are kickin yo' ass! :smile:

haha. You are awesome bluey ^^

...ehehe ^__^

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it was advertised very well :P

I dunno, get more people involved next time and you could have something a bit better on your hands :)

As for me, I kinda lost interest after 2 or 3 weeks because there weren't many people to compete against realistically. Dunno if that helps you but might be able to help you with a future game? :)

Ok guys, I've totalled things up (phew, it was complicated... had Notepad open on my computer and a notepad and pen in real life to aid myself..)

There are going to be two scoreboards The first reflects how successful the competitor's original list of things for others to scavenge was. The second, of course, is the points tally.

Top Bish-Setters

Ellmeister - 22

Dyson - 17

Letty - 7

McPhee - 7

Bluey - 6

Ollie - 5

Eevil - 4

Strider - 3

Moogle -1

Scavenger 2007

Letty - 1,180pts

Bluey - 910 pts

Eevil - 500pts

Strider - 460pts

Dyson - 320pts

Moogle - 320pts

Ellmeister - 220pts

McPhee - 0pts

Ollie - 0pts

An interesting statistic is the 'unique' hits some people managed.

Letty - 7

Bluey - 3

Strider - 1

Each 'unique' was worth 80pts and clearly made teh difference. I was surprised by the lack of pints, microbes, bubbles and cones, and the complete absence of policemen, bicycles, yellow birds, seagulls, pink balloons and pritt sticks.

Clearly people lost interest as it continued, perhaps because the girls were far more eager to begin with. Would anyone be interested in doing this again? I could make it so that the people who submit teh 5 BISH are also the judges of their own list, that way I could compete :P Or I could run it this way again.

But to be honest it's not my end that dragged, it was the competitors who lost interest. The run up to xmas and new years eve probably didn't help as it's a social, festive and also revision period for most users. I guess I'll set the next one from Feb, as there are some mocks/exams in january for some of us.

If you would genuinely like to play next time, please PM me. I'll reply when the sequel takes off.

So Well done Letty! Honourable mentions to Bluey and Eevil for second place (you probably would've given Bluey a run for her money if you'd not given up so quick) and to Ellmeister for providing a well-hunted list.