NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
The3rdChildren

24 = Awesome. Your thoughts?

I have seen all the series that are out and yes I know what you mean with regards to the "traitor". It was a cheeky twist but then they went back to basics in series 4.

I love all the series, but my preferred method for watching is to wait for the DVD box set to come out and then just blitz the whole thing as soon as possible :)

I love all the series, but my preferred method for watching is to wait for the DVD box set to come out and then just blitz the whole thing as soon as possible :)

That exactly what I do. My parents watch them on sky and if I walk in the room when its on I walk straight out again. I always get them on release day and then just have a marathon of 24. My mate at work does the same so we have good convos about it.

Yeah, see... as much as I would love to do that with the upcoming season, I have decided the best way for me to watch 24 is as soon as I can so as not to spoil it. Series 4 was spoiled heavilly because of posts online and me literally begging Mike to tell me what the awesome thing he was shocked about was.

I won't be able to spoil episodes if I download them as soon as they show up online after broadcast in America, so that's my strategy. Then I'll grab at the DVDs when it comes out and binge my sick little ass to death.

leaves me so knackered the days after though, never managed to do it in one go yet always over 3-4 days :) would love to just spend 18 hours non stop watching it, infact got some holidays left so may watch series 1-4 over a 4 day period :P leaves 6 hours a day for eating sleeping and bathroom breaks :P

leaves me so knackered the days after though, never managed to do it in one go yet always over 3-4 days :) would love to just spend 18 hours non stop watching it, infact got some holidays left so may watch series 1-4 over a 4 day period :P leaves 6 hours a day for eating sleeping and bathroom breaks :P

I just end up staying awake into ungodly hours of the morning. I'd love to do a 24 marathon, perhaps renting out a cinema screen and airing an entire season at once. Now that would be awesome.

I just end up staying awake into ungodly hours of the morning. I'd love to do a 24 marathon, perhaps renting out a cinema screen and airing an entire season at once. Now that would be awesome.

That would be Godly.

Me, my brother and 2 of my friends have already planned a 24 marathon day sometime after Christmas.

We shall be starting the Series 4 DVD (I haven't watched the DVD of it yet, I watched it all on Sky One/Downloading episodes) at 10am in the morning, and then we'll watch the entire thing with only small stops for the toilet and making the phone call to Pizza Hut in the evening. Each series lasts 16 hours and a bit, so with the stops we should be finished by 3am the following morning.

My friends have yet to watch Series 4, so half the fun will be watching their reactions.

We have a 42" plasma with full surround sound, so that's a bonus.

It's going to be great.

Edit - regarding the "waiting for the DVD" policy, in an ideal world I would do that. But knowing Series 5 starts in America in Jan, i'm probably going to go the same route as Guy and download them as they become available.

They actually do that in our gargantian kinepolis movieplexes here, all digital and stuff, 24 hrs non-stop, with only toilet and buy-fucking-nachos breaks

Day 3 is being shown on "Sky 3", which is on freeview as "Sky Travel".

:)

He got it for a bargain of £14, but it was from eBay.

Last Christmas all of the 24 boxsets were knocked down to £20 each, they may do it again this year.

Last Christmas all of the 24 boxsets were knocked down to £20 each, they may do it again this year.

I fucking hope so.

Sign in to follow this