NEurope
triforce_keeper

Zelda 2008

From Kotaku:

"The Legend of Zelda 2008 Website

Now before you get all excited, let me tell you one thing. Don't get too excited. This "website" is really only a teaser page and in all likelihood, has nothing to do with Nintendo. A quick whois lookup reveals that the domain was registered through GoDaddy and seeing as Nintendo generally registers their domains through Network Solutions, the probability of this being an actual licensed project is slim to none. More probable is that this is some fan project that may or may not ever come to fruition. Anyone care to make further speculations? "

http://www.zelda2008.com

Most probably be a fan made page..

Thoughts?

From Kotaku:

"The Legend of Zelda 2008 Website

Now before you get all excited, let me tell you one thing. Don't get too excited. This "website" is really only a teaser page and in all likelihood, has nothing to do with Nintendo. A quick whois lookup reveals that the domain was registered through GoDaddy and seeing as Nintendo generally registers their domains through Network Solutions, the probability of this being an actual licensed project is slim to none. More probable is that this is some fan project that may or may not ever come to fruition. Anyone care to make further speculations? "

http://www.zelda2008.com

Most probably be a fan made page..

Thoughts?

Yep, that's about it.

Probably fake, when do they ever release teaser sites though? They don't usually and just give out trailers/pictures and stuff.

Who knows what will be at E3 though, new Zelda might be mentioned but even then, who is honestly expecting Zelda news so early? (assuming it's home console, but then again, PH was out recently)

Probably fake? Probably?

The only reason this is presented as 'news' is because of some extremely naive fanboys who cream at the very whispering of "Zelda".

Of course this isn't real. There's only people wanting it to be real. The next Zelda is 2010 at the very earliest.

Probably fake? Probably?

The only reason this is presented as 'news' is because of some extremely naive fanboys who cream at the very whispering of "Zelda".

Of course this isn't real. There's only people wanting it to be real. The next Zelda is 2010 at the very earliest.

NO WAY!!!111...Lets remember TP should have been released in 2005 Q4, we got WW in 2003, MM in 2000 and OOT in 1998...Look at the sequence. I say 2008ish. Or atleast after Pikmin 3.

NO WAY!!!111...Lets remember TP should have been released in 2005 Q4, we got WW in 2003, MM in 2000 and OOT in 1998...Look at the sequence. I say 2008ish.

He has got a point!

But would have the Zelda team started work on the next one, when they were still implementing new stuff in TP and the Wii controls?

He has got a point!

But would have the Zelda team started work on the next one, when they were still implementing new stuff in TP and the Wii controls?

He has got a point!

...Thats about it. :P... But they could have got things like plot, scripts, data etc then work on the controls. Look how fast they completed the Wii controls for TP - under a year. That would also be a better move since they needed to experiment more with the Wii technology. You never know really, but I'd never wager 2010. Thats like a horror movie.

yeah I think King V is right to a point. But I also feel the need to work on the plot and game progression, I think people want to see something new from Zelda and if we see the usual again I reckon more lower scores(8.8) will be around.

Wow, this topic was a little on the misleading side, I had almost had a heart attack when I read it. But I agree, the next Zelda does need to do something different, not hugely, but it can't be Ocarina in new clothes.

i want a zelda that also give the wow effect that the graphics from Mario galaxy gave me it is something new i want the magical feeling back also like the ocarina songs or what you had in Majoras mask with the mask that was just beautifull

and this time around i want real orchestrial music

Can't seem to access the link in the first post. Has the site been removed?

EDIT: Ah, it's working now. Like the rest of you I reckon that's a fan made thing.

I reckon we won't see another Zelda till Xmas 2009...the producer keeps stating something about 'a different graphical approach' but i have no-idea what other graphical approaches there is to use!

Aonuma said they were 'hard at work on Zelda for Revolution' before Twilight Princess was known to be coming for the Wii. I was so angry when I found out that Twilight Princess WAS Zelda Revolution.

NO WAY!!!111...Lets remember TP should have been released in 2005 Q4, we got WW in 2003, MM in 2000 and OOT in 1998...Look at the sequence. I say 2008ish. Or atleast after Pikmin 3.
That is so very wishful thinking. The actual release date gap, in the real world, in between The Wind Waker (Dec 12th, 2002) and Twilight Princess (Nov 19th, 2006) was almost four years, and in that gap we haven't had developers expressing doubts of the progression of Zelda development, like we have now. 2010 is an optimistic estimate, 2008 is just delusional.

2009/10 is likely when it'll be out. Be lucky to even hear anything about it at E3/3 for All. 2009 is likely when we will see stuff about it.

MM used the same engine as OOT so it was done faster and if if you do take the routine for the 3 year gap of the Cube games, it would be very late 2009.

Also we have Crossbow Training, so it's likely that will widen the gap between proper Zelda games. 2010 is the most likely release of the next proper Zelda.

I hope we get some remakes or re-releases of old games on the Virtual Console and WiiWare, as well as a new DS Zelda.

I would love the next Zelda to be a true 'revolution', in that plot holes are fully covered, MM-like in terms of side quests, OOT-like in terms of dungeon depth and difficulty AND maybe a playable Ganondorf!!? Or atleast a deeper insight into him.

No 1:1 combat from me though.

Anyone noticed it has changed now?

Old image:

zelda2008logo.jpg

Now look on the website for the new one...

I haven't got the font on this computer, who can translate it?

Aye, strange indeed. The Zelda font looks extremely fake though.

Indeed it even uses a photoshop standard texture. This is definitely fake.

But do any of you also think that Zelda needs to be changed? I feel it grew too big and that the formula isn't encouraging enough anymore (sure it's still great but the OoT experience should come again - and it can come again, Metroid Prime 3 brought me close to that feeling).

I played Zelda 1+2, OoT, ALttP, MM, WW, TP, PH and although they change the themes it feels like been there done that. I mean I see a riddle and know how to solve it immediately because I'm used to it, I see a pole and I assume I need the (not yet aquired) hookshot there.

I mean: "You are the Hero of Time. Ganon killed most of your friends. Go save Zelda and the world and while you're at it kill the bastard." was absolutely awesome in OoT but the more often you hear it the more "yeah yeah I know what to do. Now let me start the dungeon." it gets.

I'd actually like it to be set in the future for a change. A post-apocalyptic future where Ganon rules and Link is actually one of his soldiers. But one day he truly awakens due to the Triforce of Courage and then seeks the means to defeat Ganon (while riding a futuristic motorbike with rockets that is also upgradeable).

And aquires Wings at some point in the game just for the fun of flying around and reach "cloud city".

Maybe also change the camera perspective to a shoulder perspective, which could also help to precisly slash the sword with the Wiimote and generally would make for a pretty awesome fighting feeling.

Oh and while they're at it they should go back to more complex controls. Lately I feel the trend is: press A for a super-complicated-awesome move.

In OoT it really required skill to get to the back of certain enemies and penetrate their armour. I want that again.

^ Link as one of Ganons minions would be very interesting to see. All that needs to change is Nintendo's approach to the storyline. But it shouldn't be set in Hyrule though...I would actually love a Zelda game set in Termina with obvious developments (seeing Anju and Kafei as couples, seeing the young Zoras who hatched from the eggs in the Great Bay) to the world and such but this time we delve into the story of the Fierce Deity and the 'tribe' that created/hid the Mask of Majora - It could be a prelude to the story of the Twili.

But then a totally different story would be just as cool.

The image kind of reminds me of Jin from the PS3 graphics will totally not look like this Namco video. Or Raphael from soul calibur. Either way Fake.