NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mikey

Recommend me some GameCube games

I want a GameCube game to play, please recommend me some. :)

Here's what I already have:

Resident Evil 4

Zelda Wind Waker + bonus disk

Zelda collector's edition x 2 copies

Eternal Darkness

Mario Sunshine

Mario Kart DD

F Zero GX

Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime 2

Star Fox Adventures

1080 Avalanche

Wave Race Blue Storm

Soul Calibur 2

Bear in mind I hate turn based RPGs. ;)

Cheers.

Splinter Cell, Metal Gear, Beyond Good and Evil.

Tales of Syphonia...!! (its not turnbased before you moan.)

EDIT: I just had to come back and ask why I don't see Smash Bros. in your list? :o

I want a GameCube game to play, please recommend me some. :)

Here's what I already have:

Resident Evil 4

Zelda Wind Waker + bonus disk

Zelda collector's edition x 2 copies

Eternal Darkness

Mario Sunshine

Mario Kart DD

F Zero GX

Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime 2

Star Fox Adventures

1080 Avalanche

Wave Race Blue Storm

Soul Calibur 2

Bear in mind I hate turn based RPGs. ;)

Cheers.

Doshin The Giant (Unique god simulation game that was not released in the US, get it for that reason, and also after playing it a bit, you'll realise the game isn't half bad)

Pikmin games (especially Pikmin 2, experience some Miyamoto creativity, under appreciated games)

Stars Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron Games (In particular 2, the games dirt cheap and it will remind you of a wonderful time where Nintendo home consoles actually had games that pushed the system graphically, also 3 Rebel Strike if you like although the latter is somewhat ruined by mediocre foot missions)

Super Monkey Ball games (great multi player games, experience target, race and billiards in their glorious classic form before Race & Target were totally ruined in Banana Blitz along with Billiards not even being a mini game!!!)

I never got around to buying it. :( How long is Metal Gear by the way? I have the second on my PS2, so if it's around that long, I'll consider it for sure.

Ordered Twin Snakes. Hope it's good shit.

By the way, recommend me some more!

Tales of Symphonia: My favorite RPG of this generation

Super Smash Bros. Melee: Just get it. Now. My favorite game of this generation.

Got Twin Snakes today....but they gave me the player's choice edition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never got around to buying it. :( How long is Metal Gear by the way? I have the second on my PS2, so if it's around that long, I'll consider it for sure.

I first played MGS from begining to end in GC, so it was like a completely new game to me. First time through took me, I believe, around 17 hours. But like I said many times before, I like taking my time with games. :) I'd say the game is roughly 10 to 12 hours long, not much different from the original Resident Evil.

And yes, MGS is extremely good shit.

And by the way, GET RESIDENT EVIL! I just noticed you don't have that on your list, get it ASAP, it's really, really good. Better than 4 for horror and immersion. RE4 is just an action game, REmake is a horror game to its core, immersive, scary, slowpaced and awesome. Graphics and sound are amazing too. Really, you should get it. Unless you dislike RE.

Got Twin Snakes today....but they gave me the player's choice edition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So...?

I hate player choice games. :(

I'm sending it back. The game was advertised as new, but I got a second hand copy, plus the packaging is shite. Urgh.

you really have the best games for the system. I will say viewtiful joe though.

!

well if you have never played the ps1 game then i envy you it truly is one of gamecubes best games

if you have then its.......well it doesnt feel the same.

pak_donkey_kong_jungle_beat_20050203.jpg

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat ( very important its brought with the bongos because its unplayable on a normal controler )

resident evil REmake is awesome! One of the true scary games. (Resi4 is phenomenal, but tbh, it wasnt as scary)

I shouldn't even have to say anything about Smash Bros Melee but as Brawl is approaching you might want to consider waiting, if you have/plan to have a Wii that is.

I might reforce the idea they had about REmake and MGS: The Twin Snakes.

I never played the originals so those were the first of each series for me and believe me they're good, each on it's own.

Tried MGS, and I hated it. Cheesy as fuck characters, story, and cut scsnes, of which there were far too many of them. I'll probs try the REmake soon.

I'm gonna be getting Brawl when it comes out, so not much point in getting Melee.

Tried MGS, and I hated it. Cheesy as fuck characters, story, and cut scsnes, of which there were far too many of them. I'll probs try the REmake soon.

the remake of metal gear is the same thing?

if you dont like the original your not going to like that

Oh i understand I misunderstood that well. it's not fair to judge metal gear now Mikey it was the Original brilliant storyline in a game.

try actually judging it on the gameplay.

I tried, but couldn't, because all of the cut scenes got on my nerves. The same happened in MGS2, but I was expecting it to be less in the MGS1 remake. Shame. :(

Keep on recommending, please!

Starfox Adventures. Hear me out, it's slow to begin with, and a little archaic but it is really worth it for a fun adventure. The graphics are very impressive for a launch title too.

Luigi's Mansion. I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet, brilliant game, though beware, most copies are Player's Choice.

Get Beyond Good and Evil. It's a great game. Does anybody know of any games that are similar? (GC or PS2)

Luigi's Mansion. I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet, brilliant game, though beware, most copies are Player's Choice.

Yeah!! How could I forget about that one. It's small but it's damn good.

Melee, definitely. Best game ever.

Also, someone already said, Rogue Squadron II (The launch one). That was a brilliant game.

Sign in to follow this