N-Europe

Super/Street Fighter IV

Dante

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game needs custom soundtrack support STAT

I cant seem to get past a 9-game winning streak :( It never fails, in the 10th fight i get all tense and make some idiotic move and wind up on the receiving end of a Shoryuken

come again? I couldn't hear you over the sound of my 360's built in custom soundtracks for every game on the system :bouncy:

come again? I couldn't hear you over the sound of my 360's built in custom soundtracks for every game on the system :bouncy:

Id repeat myself but im busy NOT paying for Ranked matches [/iMMATURE]

"In-de-structable!" What other music do you need?! I mute anyone with mics.

I actually preferred the HD Remix soundtrack TBH, but any song to purge 'Indestructable' from my head will do

Fave combo with Sakura is: Focus attack -> crouch medium kick -> Ex hurricane kick -> Strong Shouoken 8 Hits I think

Harder version is the same but with the Ultra instead of the Shouoken. Timing is very critical to connect with this.

But most of the time, stuff does not seem to cancel into the Ultra. Only the super which is a good thing anyway as a combo with a super on the end can take more than 50% life.

This.

Because the Focus attack is unblockable at full power, this combo is devastating (I have been on the recieving end a few times). And after the combo has finished, while the opponent is on the floor, starting to charge the focus attack so it hits as soon as the opponent gets up can lead into another combo.

I like Guile's traditional jumping HK -> low MK -> Sonic Boom then just as the SB hits -> One of those roundhouse punches to the face. Or variations of.

Iiin-deeee-structible!

I don't have to live with it, as I went for the Japanese voice option, with the exception of American/English characters. Also customsoundtracks360lol.

Anyway, got Seth last night, actually a good character to sue. Only problem I've got is trying to pull off my ultra; I keep teleporting, but that gets me out of trouble too :heh:

Online I only ever played against Seth once, and it was really easy. I've never once played against E. Honda, C. Viper, Rufus, El Fuerte, Gen, Gouken, Dhalsim, Rose, Sakura or Balrog....

Sakura and Gouken seem to be a staple on PSN, I have also fought Balrog more than enough times. I can understand El Fuerte and Dhalsim being left alone because they are shit in the hands of the average gamer.

Also, in other news, I have just reached the 2000 BP mark!

I'm starting to hate this game and indeed my flatmate. Until they do something about Ken's absolutely ridiculous hitting power I don't think that's gonna change, either.

You know you can crouch under the hurricane kick and break it with an uppercut, and crouch block the first hit of the shoryuken then counter it, right? Ken is awesome, my favourite, but he has all sorts of openings like anyone else. If your flatmate plays as Ken all the time then eventually you can figure out all sorts of strategies to mess up his plans.

I'm starting to hate this game and indeed my flatmate. Until they do something about Ken's absolutely ridiculous hitting power I don't think that's gonna change, either.

Hahaha. He's probably just better than you, Ken was kinda nerfed in this game teebs. If you're gonna complain about anyone, it should be fucking Sagat.

Don't get me started on Sagat. :heh:

Flatmate is a sweeper, that's all. When I used to play with my sister, if I ever constantly sweeped her she would stop playing, therefore I didn't do it very often, and it wasn't done much to me, havn't adapted to it, that's all. :heh:

It's the power of Ken's Shoryuken that gets to me. Even worse when EX'd. But hey ho; every time I play I notice more and more little things he does, like he has with me. Ultra timings and such. Just need to main a character like he does instead of switching between everyone and we'll be done in no time.

Annoyingly; I still kick his arse at SF Third Strike.

Seems like we have people with a good range of character use. Any chance you guys could post your favourite combo? (preferably one that leads into your characters Ultra)?

Would help me out writing some tips :)

Earlier i pulled off something with guile along the lines of:

Aerial hard kick, crouching medium punch, FLASH KICK (which was then cancelled into..) -> Ultra.

Fuck yes, best thing i've done so far in this game.

Ken: Jump HK, HK, medium shoryuken-cancel-ex focus-cancel (with dash forward) ultra. takes like 60% health...

edit: but I struggle with landing the punch, I'd say I only do it in 1/3 attempts.

Haven't played this for 2 days, and I'm going away for a bit today! Gonna be itchin for some when I get back...

Ken: Jump HK, HK, medium shoryuken-cancel-ex focus-cancel (with dash forward) ultra. takes like 60% health...

edit: but I struggle with landing the punch, I'd say I only do it in 1/3 attempts.

Haven't played this for 2 days, and I'm going away for a bit today! Gonna be itchin for some when I get back...

Kens HP in the air seems to have greater priority than his HK in this game, so you might want to try that instead, and your combo might work better if you use an MK as the second part of that since you can combo directly into a shoryuken from it, while a HK leaves some open frames for the opponent to block =).

I might borrow that combo actually, sounds fun =p.