NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mcj metroid

Scoot

The next Wii hit from Supersonic Software. Check out the first screenshots inside...

We have the fist screenshots from Supersonic Software's next hit - Scoot.

Scoot is an arcade motorbike game and sees you riding around in a free-roaming environment delivering packages and dispatching other riders. Earn enough money from jobs and you can upgrade your bike. The official game description is as follows:

"Scoot: An original development for Nintendo Wii. Wiimote-controlled motorbike riding, free-roaming, arcade action dispatch riders.

"It's rush hour in Gasville City . Only 23 seconds left to deliver your package or you're toast! Stuck on a bike with all the zip of a lawn mower, you dream of the day you can buy that awesome street-bike and show how you can really ride. You pull a wheelie, bunny-hop over a barrier, donut round the tightest of corners and send pedestrians scattering in all directions as you mount the pavement. Just made it - 2 seconds to spare! Money in the bank and on to the next job - that street-bike is nearly yours. "

You can see some fantastic screenshots below.

1.jpg

5.jpg

Do NOT doubt this game. I annoying that people would judge this from the graphics. Most of you don't even know the developers I'm sure.

Supersonic Made the legendary mashed and micromachines games.

Both of which are not exactly powerhouses in the graphics department but are extremely fun games.

It will also likely score crap. remember mashed got 3.4 from gamespot and others even less?

Bullshit.

Could be fun!

Hope you can throw your 'wii-mote' newspapers etc... into mail boxes, letterboxes as you fly past!

LAME.

Rehash of a old game, abysmal graphic quality .... even for 9.99€ I couldn't be bothered to buy that game.

If I want a fun game I just get MicroMachines or RoadRash which even look better hehe.

Why do you complain about this and accept graphics like ghost squad?

They're both arcade games and if memory served me correct it was a good one at that. An old enough one actually. heres hoping its really really cheap or enough extras are added.

I dont doubt the devolpers to create a fun game for the wii.

Which MicroMachines game are you talking about? I thought that was made by CodeMasters (the tossers that they are).

And yes... this does look horrendous. Tired ass gameplay by the look of things with graphics that any developer should be embarassed about. Car models are probably 300 poly with fuzzy textures with comparatively high poly buildings! Hardly any rendering effects, as jaggy as an early PS2 game and the general look is generic, plain and lacking any detail what so ever.

I HATE this kind of game development. Bad art, bad engine... just bad.

Which MicroMachines game are you talking about? I thought that was made by CodeMasters (the tossers that they are).

Micro Machines v4, Micro Machines Turbo Tournament 96, Micro Machines Military and Micro Machines Turbo Tournament 2. Published by Codemasters.

Ah ok... maybe CodeMasters only devd the first one then. Still got that "illegitimate" NES game (u beauty).

Has it been announced how much this title will be yet?

what we really need is another mashed on wii.

The only thing stopping mashed from being the most fun multiplayer game in existence was the lack of online.

The only thing stopping mashed from being the most fun multiplayer game in existence was the lack of online.

But the most fun multiplayer things are always offline...

im putting my reputation on the line.. i think this will be a GOOD game.

let's be honest though ye are wrong about an awful lot of games.

But the most fun multiplayer things are always offline...

I agree totally. I dont like online much at times but most reviewers dont agree.

I've played this game before and hundreds of other rehashes and similar attempts.

Giving us an old idea, with old graphics and throwing in "U USE TEH WII MOTEZ!" and cheap price as the only incentive to buy it them I'm out.

Anybody think "Fantastic Screenshots" is a bit of an overstatement?

The next Wii hit

(...) fantastic screenshots (...)

You gotta be kidding me... :laughing:

Well, Mashed was awesome, but I swear that actually had some sort of effort put into the graphics.

I mean, what the hell can they say to excuse THAT? There comes a point where even if it's fun, I don't care, cause the developers obviously don't either.

Just give us Mashed 2, my God that'd rule.

"Fantastic" screenshots?

As metroid said, The article was full of sarcasm. blame the person who wrote the article.

Sign in to follow this