Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Free Radical Talk Wii

Retro_Link

Isn't that even more the case with PC FPS multiplayer?

The difference is you can play the PC FPS without having FPS loving friends. Play with randoms, whereas on a console the multiplayer just goes to waste unless you have online and tbh if you have online you may aswell be playing it on the PC with superior controls.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, thats what I said. :P

The previous statement applied for myself, not a generalization on which multiplayer is better.

Console FPS multiplayer is great if you have like minded people who want to play, unfortunately my friends don't. I think in Scotland it's seen as paticularly geeky to still be playing games after 20.

The Goldeneye days were still the best multiplayer times ever.

Isn't that even more the case with PC FPS multiplayer?

Not really, because most PC FPS's multiplayer is played online. As you become better at a game, you'll usually be asked to join a clan, and with that comes a sense of community.

I don't have many friends who own a Wii and are into FPS's, so the omision of split screen in MOH:H2 doesn't bother me in the slightest. I may of convinced one of my friends to play it a couple of times, but my main multiplayer expereince would of been online anyway. Split-screen would of been nice, but it's not a deal breaker for me although I can understand why it would be to some.

EDIT:- grr missed the 3rd page.

The problem with console FPS's multiplayer is that you have to have like-minded friends.

All of my friends are really casual gamers who own exclusively football games and the others don't care for it. We have had a few rounds of Wii Sport but all I can get them on is some retro classics. My brothers arn't into the whole multiplay FPS thing either anymore.

I think the old days of sitting in a room filled with people wanting the next shot of Goldeneye are long gone for me, unless I head out and get some 12 year old friends......nah.

I know what you mean. I couldn't get 8 mates round like I used to for a serious multiplayer gaming night. PC gaming or online multiplayer is good, but it does lack that social element of a few drinks and a house full of like minded friends, however there is always someone wanting a game.

TS had a superb multiplayer. A wiimake with online features would be sublime. A best-of if you will. The level creation tool was fabulous too and I can't believe you all don't talk highly of that feature alone. You could pretty much create anything- only limited by your imagination. I made some fab levels involving duty free cigs and LOADS of guards chasing you at a specific point. Great days.

Perfect Dark multiplayer is STILL amazing due to the combat boost. What a GENIUS idea. : peace:

TS had a superb multiplayer. A wiimake with online features would be sublime. A best-of if you will. The level creation tool was fabulous too and I can't believe you all don't talk highly of that feature alone. You could pretty much create anything- only limited by your imagination. I made some fab levels involving duty free cigs and LOADS of guards chasing you at a specific point. Great days.

Perfect Dark multiplayer is STILL amazing due to the combat boost. What a GENIUS idea. : peace:

I think i did but i completely agree.In ts3 it even let you make a race track.. Was brilliant.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!