Just got an Xbox 360!

Wesley

xbox360premgold.jpg

X11-22287-04.jpg

playandcharge001.jpg

250px-X360_Bluedragon_Box.jpg

250px-FEAR_DVD_box_art.jpg

oblivion_xbox360_550.jpg

Oblivion and Fear were pre-owned. Everything else new.

All for £300.

The first thing I need to work out is getting it online. I didn't get a wireless adapter... and the router is downstairs... is there a way I can connect it to my Mac which then connects to my wireless router?

I tried it with my computer several thousand different ways, couldn't get anything to work, despite following instructions from so many places it was unreasonable. I know £55 is a lot just to hook your 360 up online, but it's worth it.

Also note that I tried it with a windows computer, I'm guessing there are significantly fewer instructions in the manual for a mac...

I'm gonna give it a good crack. I think I have a wireless/wired router about somewhere, so I might have to connect it to that, which then connects to my main router.

But what do you guys think of the deal? Premium Xbox 360, extra wireless controller, Plug and Charge Kit, Blue Dragon new, Oblivion pre-owned, Fear pre-owned, all for £300.

I've got my 360 running online through my PC, it's complicated but it is possible to set up.

Yeah, I have my 360, Wii and 2nd PC going through a network bridge into my main PC which then goes to my router. Took me like 3 hours to set it up so everything worked at once, but I got it done eventually. Keep at it.

I got me 360 working on me laptop today, never thought of trying it before, and now iv got wireless 360 in me room, no more wires for me YAY!!!

All i had to do was plug it in via ethernet and then allowed shared connection of internet through this device (me laptop)

Well, I've done playing my 360 for tonight. Played on Fear.. which is pretty Damn cool. And played on Oblivion, which blew me away. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, because it's PC style RPG... which I've never tried. But.. wow...

I'm so glad I bought my 360 and especially Oblivion.

But what do you guys think of the deal? Premium Xbox 360, extra wireless controller, Plug and Charge Kit, Blue Dragon new, Oblivion pre-owned, Fear pre-owned, all for £300.

It's great, but I actually got a better deal from HMV:

An Elite, Blue Dragon new and The Darkness new for £300.

It's great, but I actually got a better deal from HMV:

An Elite, Blue Dragon new and The Darkness new for £300.

Yeah, pretty much is. You got a Premium and 3 games for £300 and he got a Elite and 2 games for £300.

But what do I care? Have fun with your 360 m8.

I paid £300 for a Premium, 2 controllers and 3 good games + £25 of ebay money for the other 2 shitty games I got back in March. That was a good deal.

Well, to be honest, I wouldn't want oblivion right now, not with the GOTY edition just around the corner (which has all the expansions loaded onto it, meaning no pointless downloading from xbox live), and I'm not really that interested in F.E.A.R. full stop, played the demo and didn't particularly like it, but that was back when I had a personal vendetta against FPS games, I've kinda lightened up since then. Hence, the deal I got appealed to me. Also got Overlord with the money I had left over, so I'm quite happy with that.

Also, I did post a link somewhere to a set of batteries that were rechargeable through the USB ports on the 360, meaning no need for the play and charge kit.

I would also object to the comment that everyone is gonna buy halo 3. I'm not. I haven't played the first two, and I can't find them anywhere for a decent price (particularly considering the PC version of halo 2 seems to require vista, despite the fact that XP is safer and more stable, and doesn't require as much memory).

Anyway, as Bluejay said, enjoy the 360. I've only had it about 3 weeks and I'm loving it, well worth the nothing I paid for it (here's to parents with more money than sense :yay: )