NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Haver

Sega Rally

It's not bad. It looks amazing when you change the camera so you can't see your car at all.

I seemed to be swaying from side to side constantly when playing it though!

Overall? I'm on the fence with this one, i have it preordered on ps3 but might cancel it.

Meh.. i wasn't that impressed by the demo.

Especially not the way the cars slide so damn easily.

Not a buy for me.

I've cancelled it now, i'm actually getting sick of driving games to be honest and with PGR4 out i'd rather make that my last driving game of the year.

I don't think ima bother with PGR4 either, tbh, PGR3 kinda bored me. I think i'm just not a big car-racing game person.

You crazies!

This is what video games are! This is gaming!

I will buy you all a copy.

You crazies!

This is what video games are! This is gaming!

I will buy you all a copy.

If you buy it for me, i will gladly have it.

I'm guessing you played the demo on a SDTV then, as I think it looks completely average if it's on lower resolutions..............but in 720p looks quite stunning.

No m8. I played in 720p.

Maybe I just fail at seeing. :smile:

No m8. I played in 720p.

Maybe I just fail at seeing. :smile:

No probs, just guessing then that the visuals just aren't for you........but I think the game looks gorgeous, and the just love the amount of colours that are on screen which isn't just the typical stick to one sort of colour scheme which most games do nowadays. The tropical level in the demo has mud flying all over the place during one section of the track and it looks excellent.

I had fun with the 360 demo, (currently downloading the ps3 demo too, just in case it's different). The graphics were colorful and nice too. The handling felt better towards the middle of the first race, but I could tell I wasn't used to Sega Rally anymore. Seems like a great game for racing fans, but not a must buy for me.

edit:

The ps3 version seems like the exact same demo to me.

I've been playing the game this morning and I can see somewhat why people think the handling is weird. When you get use to it though the game is damn good fun. It's certainly not trying to be a sim and the handling helps alot when you take corners at crazy speeds. Very fast and arcadey. It kind of gives me a ridge racer vibe, guess you could call it the Ridge Racer of rally games. Hell it even has planes flying over you! :D

Sign in to follow this