NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dazzybee

C64 and Spectrum collection

Two Wii and Ds games are getting release, C64 (commodore 64) and Spectrum collections. This is awesome news as the spectrum is my first taste of gaming and I have many many memories I would love to replay again - Atic Atack, Treasure Isalnd, Pgo, Bomb Jack, manic Miner and the best game ever - Chuckie Egg! I would be so happy if it had chuckie egg! In fact, I would buy it if it was JUST chuckie egg!!

I cant wait for them to announce the titles!!!

Might have to look out for that, is it one Wii game and one DS game, or are they both on both platforms?

Just hope they've got a decent C64 selection.

Might have to look out for that, is it one Wii game and one DS game, or are they both on both platforms?

Both for both platforms

I'm a big c64 fan. I thought these games were coming to virtual console though? it's a good idea but there will need to be about 60 if not more.

We need games like creature.. let's hope the kick ass music wont be ruined on ds. I also want faster than 10 minute loading times:)

I thought these games were coming to virtual console though?
Good point.

I'd be more interested in this for the DS anyway, (C64 on the crapper! :love: ) wonder how many games it'll have?

Bearing in mind you could either download billions of these games for nowt, or if you wanted to stay way, way on the right side of the law buy one of those joystick things with loads of games built in for a fiver, is this really going to have much of an audience?

Cant remember who wrote the article on the fron page but can we change the dev to Alten8 please not Alten6....

yes you can download c64 games... But the emulators tend to be a bicth to work... its nice to have a collection sometimes. I own every sonic game but yet bought sonic mega collection.

But this depends on what games and how many.

Bearing in mind you could either download billions of these games for nowt, or if you wanted to stay way, way on the right side of the law buy one of those joystick things with loads of games built in for a fiver, is this really going to have much of an audience?

those plug in and play things are crap. overpirced and usually not even 2 player.

If this is half decent it could be a big seller. More-so in Britain I'd guess...At £15/20 I'd buy. More than that is a no-buy.

yes you can download c64 games... But the emulators tend to be a bicth to work.

Well it's much easier to run a C64 game on an emulator than it was to run them on a C64.

C64 games need to have the music by such legends as Rob Hubbard and Martin Galway ah the memories, comic bakery anyone? the game was shit but the music rocked! - check it out (this is a remix) but its so good and well worth a download Comic Bakery MP3 or heres a mix of some classic C64 tracks Instant Remedy Back in Time Live Mix MP3

In fact this is getting me all nostalgic and I think I might start a Classic Games Soundtrack Thread or is there one already? let me know if this is a good idea???:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Anyway get your dancing shoes on and check them out!

:yay::bowdown::yay::bowdown::yay::bowdown::yay::bowdown:

well dude there really is already a best games music thread in retro(stickied actually)

I love c64 music.. It honestly destroyed something like the NES at the time. Great tunes. Something like bubble bobble had better graphics on nes but had WAY better music on c64..

A great computer.

well dude there really is already a best games music thread in retro(stickied actually)

Cool thanks for letting me know - I might add some classic mp3's there then if you guys liked the ones in this thread.

ohh I hope they release it with the tapedeck which you then have to plug into your DS or wii.. "Press play on tape"..

I need to be able to play Boulder dash, H.E.R.O, Thrust and Dino Eggs on my DS

not really... it was simple but just long....very very long.

It can be argued i suppose.

It certainly can, first you had to go through the tape writing down the times when different games loaded, you had to type the file name and do all the run-stop stuff etc, manually press play on the tape etc. A lot harder than just selecting "File>Open Game"

oh come on file open game? What emulator does that cause I have yet to find one that simple.

What kind of voodoo do you have to do to get your games working in the emulators you have like? I can't remember what I was using the other day, something like CSS64 I think it was, but all I had to do was click File>Autorun or whatever it was then click the file and I was away playing gribblies day out.

Sign in to follow this