NEurope
Mr-Paul

The Sports Thread

She's still stupid though.

I loled, because thats what it really comes down to. In the words of the great and mighty Radiohead, "You do it to yourself, you do and thats why it really hurts!"

Just to quickly jump into the athletics discussion, to err... talk about another sport...

Rugby World Cup starting on Friday, hope you'll all catch a game or two!!

We already have a rugby thread.. we should be talking about the ming of sports... This is of course curling(was going to say chess)

Just to quickly jump into the athletics discussion, to err... talk about another sport...

Rugby World Cup starting on Friday, hope you'll all catch a game or two!!

Definitely will. My dad is mad about Rugby, he'll be watching every game! Tis a fun sport to watch, I went to the premiership final this year.

We already have a rugby thread.. we should be talking about the ming of sports... This is of course curling(was going to say chess)

Lol, curling is funny. Definitely not the king of sports though. That has to go to tiddlywinks or dominoes.

This is where it is at people!

http://www.etwa.org/

Lol, curling is funny. Definitely not the king of sports though. That has to go to tiddlywinks or dominoes.

Crap, you read my mind....

Shame the premiership final was so one sided! I'll be missing a few games here and there cause I'll actually be at a couple of the games!

This is either music or sport but Neil Hannon from The Divine Comedy said that Ireland is going to win the rugby world cup and there's nothing anybody can do about it.

Legend.

Shame the premiership final was so one sided! I'll be missing a few games here and there cause I'll actually be at a couple of the games!

Ooh, which ones you going to? I think it is a tad silly that some of the games are in Scotland and Wales, when it's meant to be France's world cup.

Ooh, I'm a "Regular" now!

Alright I'll feck off then *sniff*

aw dont go you can talk about rugby all you want.....in the rugby thread of course.:)

No curling is the worst sport i have ever seen in my life

aw dont go you can talk about rugby all you want.....in the rugby thread of course.:)

No curling is the worst sport i have ever seen in my life

Is curling the one on ice with the brooms?

This is either music or sport but Neil Hannon from The Divine Comedy said that Ireland is going to win the rugby world cup and there's nothing anybody can do about it.

Legend.

Then I'm afraid he's very very deluded :awesome: ;)

Ooh, which ones you going to? I think it is a tad silly that some of the games are in Scotland and Wales, when it's meant to be France's world cup.

Ooh, I'm a "Regular" now!

Going to England v USA, England v South Africa and a quarter final! woooooo

It's quite pathetic really about the fact that some games are in Wales and Scotland. It was basically a case of France giving both nations two of their games in each of their stadiums in exchange for votes when it came to bidding the host for the tournament.

I don't quite know why but I find that sport strangely absorbing...I know, weird.

I've got a bit of a controversial one...I hate cricket, like I hate human suffering.

Then I'm afraid he's very very deluded :awesome: ;)

Going to England v USA, England v South Africa and a quarter final! woooooo

It's quite pathetic really about the fact that some games are in Wales and Scotland. It was basically a case of France giving both nations two of their games in each of their stadiums in exchange for votes when it came to bidding the host for the tournament.

Whoah, I didn't know it was for something like that. That's out of order imo.

Have fun at those matches, England should at least beat the USA.

I don't quite know why but I find that sport strangely absorbing...I know, weird.

I've got a bit of a controversial one...I hate cricket, like I hate human suffering.

Cricket is fun to play, but can get very boring to watch, especially with rain delays.

I just remember wanting to play football at school but because there was a cricket match on the field we couldn't. Honestly they only use about 10% of the pitch for 90% of the bloody time...

Cricket I find boring to be honest, but got nothing else against it really. Tennis is cool though

Whoah, I didn't know it was for something like that. That's out of order imo.

Have fun at those matches, England should at least beat the USA.

Yeah it is a bit dodgy but oh well. It won't help Wales or Scotland as they'll still get thumped by Australia or New Zealand lol so never mind. Not given up hope of England beating South africa just yet!

Anyone watching the Inside Sport program on BBC? Tis quite interesting. They just said back in the old days when Sally Gunnell was competing and she missed drug tests all she got was a slap on the wrist.

I admit she was very stupid, but she has now served her ban. I cant find a reason for missing a test, but found out that she has said she will compete in the olympics for another country if she isn't allowed to represent GB.

I like Basketball, always good when it is on Sky Sports. Don't particularly follow a team though. Who do you follow/support?

I've always followed the Orlando Magic, big fan of J.J reddick, plays like my - dealy from 3 point range.

I've always followed the Orlando Magic, big fan of J.J reddick, plays like my - dealy from 3 point range.

Aaah, Orlando Magic. When I was 3 and went to florida, i tripped over and grazed my knee and wouldn't stop crying so a kind man gave me an Orlando Magic ball. Still have it somewhere. (bit off topic but ahwell)

I think we should all turn this into a general cricket thread (coz cricket > every other sport). So the twenty20 world cup isn't that far away, and I personally think it's anyone's for the taking, seeing as international experience at twenty20 level is so slim. Could England win it? Maybe, if all our all-rounders perform. But then again, Australia did destroy us, maybe they'll walk it just like they did the one-day world cup.

Badmington is the best sport to play imo, I love it. Watching it on the other hand is, well, a bit shit.