N-Europe

No DSS? **** YOU, YOU ******* ********!!!!

darkcloud

Ok so basically I've been searching for a while now for a place to stay and omg we found the most amazing place we could afford for £230 well we thought we could..... We got slaped with a no DSS ******! And now I'm depressed.....

Basically what I'm asking is, what's it like living in places like Hackney and Enfield as they are pretty much the only places we are guarenteed to actually have a chance.... Yeah......

Vented a bit.......

I live in Hackney, got a wicked one bedroom flat.

What you need to do is go to a housing association, not only will the rent be cheaper, but they'll have no problem with you being on benefits.

I work for a letting agency in Liverpool and we operate the same policy, do what rokhead says....Contact a housing situation

Well that's why I asked about enfield and hackney..... That's the places Camden and surrounding boroughs council can guarentee us places that will accept benefits.... We've been looking in camden as that's closer to my uni (it's in south london) her familly, her job and my familly.......

This place we found was cheap and litterally amazing, more then I was hoping for.... That's why I'm pissed off. I just don't get it when landlords say no DSS unconditionally. Nothing about a guarentor, nothing about references, no warning..... Seriously, the agency said nothing and sprung it on us just before we put down a deposit. The manager walked in and repeated some questions that were asked before and was like "You can't afford it then sorry." The worker shouldn't have even offered it to us. :(

ummmm....whats dss?

It´s something quite secret. And we who wonder what it is would probably not like to know the truth about it anyway.

anyway: 230? is that the monthly rent yes? In that case that´s really cheap!!! Holy crap. In comparison my flat costs 400 pounds a month... and that´s pretty cheap for a deasent appartment here in Norway.

It's £230 p/w, this is London...... ; ;

Obviously I can find cheaper, but, this flat isn't for me alone. lol

DSS basically means I'm getting benefits from the council.... I would be getting a council flat, but, that requires you to stay with your parents for a further 6 months which isn't an option... That leaves me with hostal or private renting.... I picked private renting.... That leaves me with the option of random places quite far from here or scrounge around for someone willing to accept the fact that we would be paying partially with housing benefits....

I lived in Enfield for about 6 years. Wish I could go back :(.

You are talking about this enfield right? lol

Just making sure. :-/ I don't even know if there is another...

Enfield is really far up north. ; ;

Ok so basically I've been searching for a while now for a place to stay and omg we found the most amazing place we could afford for £230 well we thought we could..... We got slaped with a no DSS ******! And now I'm depressed.....

Basically what I'm asking is, what's it like living in places like Hackney and Enfield as they are pretty much the only places we are guarenteed to actually have a chance.... Yeah......

Vented a bit.......

I live in Enfield. Err, yay?

Its a nice enough area, no reputation or anything.

Where I live, Oakwood, is very pleasant, but also pretty busy. I live on a main road.

Well that's why I asked about enfield and hackney..... That's the places Camden and surrounding boroughs council can guarentee us places that will accept benefits.... We've been looking in camden as that's closer to my uni (it's in south london) her familly, her job and my familly.......

This place we found was cheap and litterally amazing, more then I was hoping for.... That's why I'm pissed off. I just don't get it when landlords say no DSS unconditionally. Nothing about a guarentor, nothing about references, no warning..... Seriously, the agency said nothing and sprung it on us just before we put down a deposit. The manager walked in and repeated some questions that were asked before and was like "You can't afford it then sorry." The worker shouldn't have even offered it to us. :(

That's an agency, housing association is different.

Go see the peabody trust.

It's £230 p/w, this is London...... ; ;

£77 rent for my flat.

That's an agency, housing association is different.

Go see the peabody trust.

£77 rent for my flat.

I know that was an agency, the housing association offered to set me up with a place in hackney, enfield or some other north london area..... I wanted to stay closer to my current location so I've been giving it a go finding somewhere near....

I've also seen some places for £77ish, but, they haven't been big enough for me, my girlfriend and our baby. =P

I'm sure the place we are set up with will be cheaper though if we end up taking that route. =P

Get a job!

:p

lolol

I actually just finished a temp job at a playscheme (£10 p/h) and I get some money from making websites and other small things but its not what you could call steady income. Trying to find a job with good hours keeping in mind uni is a difficult task though. =P

If I had no plans for the future however yes, I'd just get a job. v.v;;

WTF? Rokhed your rent is £77 a week(?)?!

I pay £120 a week, but that includes my electric, internet access, council tax, heating and water... since its a shared flat.

But still >_>

WTF? Rokhed your rent is £77 a week(?)?!

I pay £120 a week, but that includes my electric, internet access, council tax, heating and water... since its a shared flat.

But still >_>

Yep, £77 plus change, it's pretty spacious for a one bedroom flat too. There is all the bills on top, but that still only adds up to about an extra £15 a week.