NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Caris

So you don't like spiders?

I saw this on another forum and i had to post it. If you don't like spiders don't look.

camel_spider.jpg

Oh and it's not photoshopped, there found in the middle east. Wouldn't like to be bit by one of them!

*dies of a heartattack*

Bugger that big, doesn't look like a spider though.

I seen that a while ago. Might have been in the papers actually, massive.

I've seen two spiders in a week in my bathtub. One of them had the leg span of a soap holder box thing.

It's nick named the camel spider, i think it's part of the scorpion family.

Nah, it's part of the Solifugae family, different to scorpions. wind scorpions are included in the Solifugae family, though. 12cm maximum lagspan.

661px-Solfuga2_CM.jpg

i ate spiders when i was hiking through kinshasa. tiny yellow ones. they where served as a meal. didn't recognize the kind though, didn't ask either as my lingala is quite rusty. it wasn't bad, supposed to be quite nutricious, but it's not a sturdy meal if you ask me. they where numerous but quite small, and dead. like corn flakes. on a side note, corn flakes don't make me vomit like hell. the yellow bastards did. or it could have been anything else i ate that day... imagine puking spiders. i love africa.

i once saw this docu on ngc where these treepeople from south america where eating tarantula's. now that's over the top. these things are fucking awfull.

and a girlfriend of mine has a purse made of spiderweb. she bought it in tanzania, looks all gold and shiny, over there they have these purse-spinning spiders. great.

It's nick named the camel spider, i think it's part of the scorpion family.

And the scorpion family is part of the arachnida class. Hence a spider.

Have nothing against spiders. As I always say to my mother who wants to kill`em all - "They have the right to live".

But thene again - I would have been a bit sceptical if I woke up in the night with this one in my sleepingbag..

Its also known as the windscorpion, due to extremely fast running speed or sunspiders. They have the largest jaws of any animal compared to their body size, and will continue eating until they pop.

And the scorpion family is part of the arachnida class. Hence a spider.

WRONG, just because something is an arachnid does NOT make it a spider. Arachnida contains mites, ticks, scorpions, spiders, whip scorpions, tailless whip scorpions, pseudoscorpions, windscorpions etc etc. These are not all spiders, as spiders are just a small part of Arachnida class, neither are they order scorpions. They are their own seperate order the Solifugae.

EDIT: Anyway here's one of my favourite true spider (it's a huntsman spider) pictures.

clockspider.jpg

clockspider2.jpg

Wtf is that your house?!

If i saw that behind my clock i think i'd have a fit.

I wish it was my house, I found the pic somewhere on the internet. I'm sure a pet spider like that would be useful in keeping all manner of annoying insects/rodents/small dogs away from your house.

Its also known as the windscorpion, due to extremely fast running speed or sunspiders. They have the largest jaws of any animal compared to their body size, and will continue eating until they pop.

WRONG, just because something is an arachnid does NOT make it a spider. Arachnida contains mites, ticks, scorpions, spiders, whip scorpions, tailless whip scorpions, pseudoscorpions, windscorpions etc etc. These are not all spiders, as spiders are just a small part of Arachnida class, neither are they order scorpions. They are their own seperate order the Solifugae.

"Arachnid" translates directly from latin to spider. Hence the terme arachnofobia (fear of spiders) and Arachnids (spider class).

Ticks, lice, fleas, mites and scorpions are all related through their spider class - through the definition of spider.

Just as we are apes (works the same way)..

All spiders are arachnids, but not all arachnids are spiders. See the basic classification tree below showing the arachnid order:

Arachnida.gif

See how scorpions and mites/ticks etc are arachnids but aren't spiders?

As for the ape anology, humans belong to the primate order, monkeys also belong to the primate order, but humans aren't monkeys.

Spiders are mammals.

Which are worse? Massive ones, or the little buggers?

Depends, do you like them fried or scrambled?

Just a quick note, as it isn't really clear. The pic in the first post is two of the type Cube posted linked together.

EDIT: Possibly eating each other XD

Shit thanks guys you have scared me before going to bed, please spoiler tag all pictures

Please think of the children.

I wish it was my house, I found the pic somewhere on the internet. I'm sure a pet spider like that would be useful in keeping all manner of annoying insects/rodents/small dogs away from your house.

I believe it is clockspider of Luelinks fame. Anyway, yay for taxonomy!

I said pictures in spoiler boxes people

Won't anyone think of the children.

Sign in to follow this