N-Europe

80's Transformers Movie

EEVILMURRAY

Have the movie on DVD already. I didn't remember the series too well though so I was a bit confused by the film. But I'm catching up on the series on youtube now, my childhood memories of Transformers seem so vague, I only seem to remember one episodes where the Constructicons try to dig their way into the Autobots headquarter.

I bet it's a lot better than the new one!

The 80s movie is a lot more faithful to the series of course but the new film is fantastic as well.

I see it more like a reinvention of the franchise like Batman Begins was a reinvention of the previous Batman films (only that Batman Begins was more faithful to the comics).

You should still watch the new film though, it's not rich with story but the Transformers bloody own.

Is it as wholesome as the VGCats comic would have us believe?

He's spot on, but he misses out all that makes the film good. Yes there's too little of Jazz and the characters are somewhat 2D but Optimus Prime is quite well developed and the story in general is quite entertaining although easy on the head.

Bay introduces lots of characters to spice a simple story up. Not unlike Heroes he has many characters and locations that converge towards the end. I found this to be a clever move and actually not confusing at all.

The decision to introduce the Autobots later on is actually quite good because the Transformers are mainly used in fight scenes but this way it's not overdone.

I saw the film a week ago and still randomly images of the film pop-up in my head - there are just so many awesome scenes.

It's popcorn cinema at it's best and action for big boys. Lot's of explosions, huge kick-ass robots fighting and owning humans, more explosions, hot girls, many funny scenes, simple story with a few twists and nice music.

You have to watch it at the biggest cinema around with the best sound system, then the experience is awesome. Like candy for the eyes but switch your brain off.

It was a brilliant and epic film. I remember my mum taking me to see it when it came out at the cinema. Great times. I bet it's a lot better than the new one!

Oh and the new Megatron is rubbish, long live G1! How can you have a megatron without his amazing arm cannon?

he gets one later