NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kurtle Squad

A Decent TV?

Now, I'm looking to soon buy a good TV in order to make gaming more enjoyable; and the picture on my one's starting to go a bit (you can definately see that on some Wii games such as Resi4).

Anyway, I need a decent Plasma TV somewhere around 30". I would just get a Pionneer, but they only do huge ones.

Oh yeah, it also needs to have 2 or 3 HDMI 'ports' and the same no of SCART ones.:smile: Any help?:heh:

Even telling me what makes are best would help.

Off topic (sorta) but I just bought a 25" TV and Sony surround sound system for 40 notes off a workmate. Shabba.

Erm, Tech board?

Yes indeedy. I'll leave it up to the tech mods if they want this in HDTV chat or not as I'm lazy.

Noone looks at that -_-

Nobody looks at you. Should you be banned? Yeah! I went there.

:p

But seriously. That 'argument' just makes me even more confident in moving it. Not my fault where people do and don't post.

As Gizmo says VV the responses you get in here are great anyway.

Noone looks at that -_-

I beg to differ, I've had some great help from people (especially McPhee : peace: ) in the HDTV thread.

The best site I've found in my search is http://www.dabs.com (am I allowed to link there? If not, lemme know or edit it out).

As for brands, Samsung are excellent, but can be pricey. I'd recommend probably to stay away from unknown brands.

I need a decent Plasma TV somewhere around 30"

Doesn't exist m8. To the best of my knowledge the smalest Plasma you can get is 37". Any lower than that and you're looking at LCD or CRT

Whats you're budget?

indeed plasma doesn't exist under 37 inch. I own one of the best (prise quality) Plasmas out there!

MP3_preview5.jpg

it came out as best TV of 2006/2007 for gaming! tested by 40 experienced gamers! it is the Hitachi 42PD9700 ! I had a great offer and was lucky to get this screen for 1200,- euro.

you will love playing the 360 on it PGR3 looks stunning on it even fast moving action stays razor sharp!!! the colors are awesome. and the sound is good. but it is always better to hook the sound up to a Dolby Surround System. (I own the denon avr 1706 is a verry good beginners set!) spesialy when you own several gaming systems you will love this option to!

AVR1706_big.jpg

Doesn't exist m8. To the best of my knowledge the smalest Plasma you can get is 37". Any lower than that and you're looking at LCD or CRT

Whats you're budget?

And what's the best of those?

My budget is whatever it wasnts to be...in a way.

indeed plasma doesn't exist under 37 inch. I own one of the best (prise quality) Plasmas out there!

MP3_preview5.jpg

it came out as best TV of 2006/2007 for gaming! tested by 40 experienced gamers! it is the Hitachi 42PD9700 ! I had a great offer and was lucky to get this screen for 1200,- euro.

you will love playing the 360 on it PGR3 looks stunning on it even fast moving action stays razor sharp!!! the colors are awesome. and the sound is good.

How many Component (Composite's the 'crap' one ey) inputs does it have?

And what's the best of those?

My budget is whatever it wasnts to be...in a way.

LCD is better for HD (i.e. you're 360). CRT is better for SD (i.e. you're Wii)

Generally speaking though, CRTs don't do HD. Samsung have a HD Samsung set but the current models are rubbish. A good one has just been released in America though (getting rave reviews), with a bit of luck it will make it's way over here :)

Plasma is generally seen as the middle ground

LCD still have gosting and only the 2000,- + models don't have it any more. that is why the Plasma screens are more fit for gaming! if you don't beleave me than come and visit our Expert Event and see it for your self! the Hitachi has 2 component slots i beleave but i only use one because i prefer a switchboard that makes it more easy to switch between consoles etc etc

Hama%20760%20YUV_1.jpg

2.jpg

LCD still have gosting and only the 2000,- + models don't have it any more. that is why the Plasma screens are more fit for gaming! if you don't beleave me than come and visit our Expert Event and see it for your self! the Hitachi has 2 component slots i beleave but i only use one because i prefer a switchboard that makes it more easy to switch between consoles etc etc

Hama%20760%20YUV_1.jpg

2.jpg

Thanks...My parent's are trying to get me to get an LCD. Though they've not actually given a reason appart from reduced burn-in.

I actually think I'll possibly get that Hitachi, it looks nice and a lot of HD's i've seen don't, prob wont be until after Xmas though.

Any others people can recommend?

Well you probably should get one with 1080p... I don't think that Hitachi does 1080p.

There's that much diff?:blank:

Well if your parents are paying for it, may as well take advantage and be set for the future maybe?

Don't get 1080p. It's only good in situations where HD footage is in the majority because it increases the defects present in scaling SD footage to 720p

Basically, it will make Wii and TV look worse for minimal gain

Also, burn in is no longer really an issue. It's an urban myth

Well if your parents are paying for it, may as well take advantage and be set for the future maybe?

They're not...They're redoing my room :) Part of the reason I'm getting a new TV soon, so it can be 'built' around it.

Don't get 1080p. It's only good in situations where HD footage is in the majority because it increases the defects present in scaling SD footage to 720p

Basically, it will make Wii and TV look worse for minimal gain

Also, burn in is no longer really an issue. It's an urban myth

Thanks :) I would rather my Wii looks it's best than the XBox did to be honest.

And burn in isn't that much of a myth....the CN logo was on our TV for a while once. Went after a while though.

Anyway....I think maybe it's a bit big for my room (according to my parents; apparently even 5ft away is too close to sit from a 42").

Anyone know wnaything about that?

Okay...I've just checked; according to 1 site, you should sit 2.5 - 3.3 times the height of the screen away. So 5ft should be enoguh for that TV Maiky...is it if you sit that far?

Well you probably should get one with 1080p... I don't think that Hitachi does 1080p.

it runs 1080p thank you.... like i said ... hello!!!.... this TV has been tested by a team of 40 diehard gamers! and we had the 360, wii and ps3 hooked up on it and it runs like a dream. at this moment there ar 2 better screens but they come at a big+ price.

ps hitachi has a "no burn" in garenty.

That ain't strictly true. The Hitachi is 720p but i can display up to 1024x1080i using ALIS picture processing. It will handle 1080i but not 1080p

Cracking set though! If i had a spare £800 this would deffo be on my short-list :)

My mistake?

I looked it up on google and it said it had the oddest resolution of 1024 x 1080...

yeah it is an awesome set and playing games and watching movie's is absolutely awesome!!!

like i said its the best price quality deal there is!

Sign in to follow this