N-Europe

Ebay Shenanigans, Detectives Needed!

ReZourceman

This is some crazy shit bois and gals.

Kay, so I was browsing for Heroclix (plastic super hero game pieces) and I stumbled across a figure whos average value is between £1.00 - £3.00 maximum. Anyway, this figure is Buy it Now for £12.00 with £8.00 P&P.

I think nothing of it...then a week later same thing happens. (This is today) so I investigate. I check the user, then all his items for sale...THEN...I check completed listings. And I get this.

Clicky Link

....Hes been putting them up for months, varying prices upto £35.00 and £20.00 P&P....and people have bought them. In fact NOT ONE has NOT sold.

All different buyers...all seems perfectly legitimate...BUT of course it obviously isnt. So whats up...Ive only come to two conclusions, but they are nothing more than educated guesses

Drugs?

Money Laundering?

So what do you think? See any correlation Im missing? What the hecks up?

But seriously.

BUT of course it obviously isnt.

Of course...why of course? Because you believe it to be?

I mean come on. Its just people being stupid. Granted, it could be a front for drug trafficing but would they really go through the faff of having this big alias for it? If say the amount of coke (for instance) you got was based upon the price why wouldn't they just go see the dealer? This way they've had to set up a load of accounts, and of course if it were true and got found out there is then evidence of them buying drugs, and go through all this. Its highly unlikely they would send drugs through the post, so the winning bidder would still have to meet the seller. So why even bother?

Further more what would the druglord seller do if someone genuine won one? (and how would he know who is and who isn't "So...you bidded on the Batman statue for £20. Did you want the statue or the E?")

People are stupid. As a race we're idiots. Especially when added to the internet, and further still to ebay. We've heard about people buying 360 boxes for the cost of the console, people selling their bodies and all sorts so why make this out to be some grand scheme when its just mass stupidity?

(that came out more ranty then I intended but I believe I got my point across)

Of course...why of course? Because you believe it to be?

Well...yeah. Its like people buying 20p pieces for a ten pound note. Heh heh. Anyway as someone said on another site, it could just be a cover for other stuff, that would either be too rare to put up as a BIN and folk Email the deals of the transaction.