• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Graphic novels id recommend would be:

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

Batman: Hush Vol.1+2

Batman: A Death In The Family

Batman: The Long Halloween

Batman: Year One

Awesome! Thanks! I've heard about The Killing Joke. I'm going to try pick up a couple of them tomorrow.

How about the comic Arkham Asylum? How's that?

I personally wouldn't go for Hush, and I'd put Killing Joke at the top of the list. Its basically the definitive Joker story.

And "Joker" by Brian Azzarello is supposedly excellent, its quite recent. Front cover is Jokers grim teeth.

Hush sounded pretty good when I read up about it tbh. I'm just thinking about how much money I'm gonna spend. Hush is next on my list after TKJ and AA.

If it's a good place to start maybe I'll get that instead of AA.

Are you just not recommending Hush ReZ because its light on Joker or something else? Because I think its actually a pretty good place to jump onto Batman for people, its how I did.

I just don't think its a very stimulating story or special in any way, shape or form. Typical Jeph Loeb sticking all characters in a story when it doesn't make sense.

The artwork is amazing obviously, but I just think the story is completely forgettable.

I just don't think its a very stimulating story or special in any way, shape or form. Typical Jeph Loeb sticking all characters in a story when it doesn't make sense.

The artwork is amazing obviously, but I just think the story is completely forgettable.

Ah right, so its because you are wrong then....ok :p

Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth is my favourite Batman story.

This was one of the comics I got today (Sadly I couldn't find Hush). So far I love it. I love the Joker. I never actually got the fuss about Batman, I mean he is cool, but the Joker is utterly wicked. The joke he tells at the beginning when he sends Batman off into Arkham Asylum is devilish.

I always wondered what people's reactions would be if I told a joke like that.

Happenstance, nice work on getting Goafer on TWD. :) How far is he? Next Invincible.

I just finished the second book deeley. It's pretty rad, although I do wonder how long it can go on for. All I can see it doing is the old introduce new characters/kill some off/maybe change location once in a while routine after a while. I can imagine it might get stale eventually.

And I just don't like superheroes. Not enough to read the comics anyway.

I need to get some more Initial D, fucking love them books. It almost feels like they were written with someone like me in mind.

This was one of the comics I got today (Sadly I couldn't find Hush). So far I love it. I love the Joker. I never actually got the fuss about Batman, I mean he is cool, but the Joker is utterly wicked. The joke he tells at the beginning when he sends Batman off into Arkham Asylum is devilish.

I always wondered what people's reactions would be if I told a joke like that.

Batman's rogues MAKE Batman. However, I've always appreciated the timelessness and ambiguity of DC's heroes as opposed to Marvels. It feels like the writers and artists have more room to play in DC, especially with Batman.

Batman's rogues MAKE Batman. However, I've always appreciated the timelessness and ambiguity of DC's heroes as opposed to Marvels. It feels like the writers and artists have more room to play in DC, especially with Batman.

IMO there is a ridiculously huge amount of stuff wrong with this post.

I just finished the second book deeley. It's pretty rad, although I do wonder how long it can go on for. All I can see it doing is the old introduce new characters/kill some off/maybe change location once in a while routine after a while. I can imagine it might get stale eventually.

And I just don't like superheroes. Not enough to read the comics anyway.

I need to get some more Initial D, fucking love them books. It almost feels like they were written with someone like me in mind.

Volume 8 will make you shit your pants.

Batman's rogues MAKE Batman.

So Batman isn't a complex individual with complex feelings, morals, ethics, history, relationships...etc. Come on. I'm not saying the rogues are bad by any stretch of the imagination, but this is a really hollow statement.

However, I've always appreciated the timelessness and ambiguity of DC's heroes as opposed to Marvels.

What the hell? Timelessness? DC's heroes are completely shallow in comparison to Marvel (with the exception of Batman and Green Lantern) they are all hurrendously over powered, and there are few writers who can do a lot of them justice. The majority of them feel ridiculously dated, or boring. I try and get into anything other than Batman or GL and its just bland, predictable story telling.

It feels like the writers and artists have more room to play in DC, especially with Batman.

In what sense do they have more room to play?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!