• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

He always always says stuff like this....

....Problem is half the time hes lieing and half the time he isn't.

Walking Dead 61 (Spoiler-Free review) IGN

"Even after setting a new bar with Walking Dead #48, Robert Kirkman is still cutting a swath of destruction through his series. It was easy to believe nothing more terrible could happen to our heroes than what took place in issue #48. Kirkman has come close several times since, and issue #61 may be the closest yet to evoking that sickening sensation in the pit of your stomach. " - Jesse

--------------

Invincible 62 is OUT NEXT WEEK.

Unless Kirkman jumps us forwards a few hundred years (hallo! that'd be awesome!), time moves relatively slow in Invincible. It's a terribly early death, whichever way you look at it. More to the point though, is that Kirkman is possibly killing off too many good characters. I loved Rex and just as he got really cool- making friends with mark, making his peace with Eve, becoming more of a hero, he died. It'd be a shame to see Eve go that way too (in a sense, she peaked with that gorgeous splash page of their relationship a few issues back)

I started watching Wolverine & The X-Men tonight. However the third episode didn't work. After the opening sequence.

I love the joke story. Like reforming after a year long break, with new jokes to tell. It's not great, but is fun. I love how the line "Come on, Dust!" is actually uttered, and by none other than Boom Boom. I love how Emma Frost is just behind a door when Wolverine opens it. "I've decided to join the X-Men". 'Okay".

Just been looking at the Image previews for Image in Aug

Its looking less and less likely that Atom Eve will be around for much longer!

http://www.majorspoilers.com/archives/15066.htm/

Kirkmans a sadistic fuck if he's doing this and.....ah shit, it just doesn't look like it could be anything else.

o____________0

:(

They're speculating it could be his mum. I think it will be.

Edited by ReZourceman

Kirkmans a sadistic fuck if he's doing this and.....ah shit, it just doesn't look like it could be anything else.

o____________0

:(

They're speculating it could be his mum. I think it will be.

I had wondered that myself but then theres this:

.atomeve_cover.jpg

INVINCIBLE PRESENTS: ATOM EVE COLLECTED EDITION

story BENITO CERENO

art NATE BELLEGARDE and BILL CRABTREE

cover NATE BELLEGARDE & FCO PLASCENCIA

AUGUST 12

48 PAGES / FC

$5.99

To commemorate the tragic events involving Atom Eve in recent issues of INVINCIBLE, Image is reprinting her acclaimed solo series for the first time ever. See Eve’s beginnings as she gets her powers and trains herself to the hero we all knew and loved. Don’t miss out a second time!

Collects INVINCIBLE: PRESENTS ATOM EVE #1-2

All I can hope is thats another trick and its because shes the one who saves Invincible or something.

Heres the artwork for the new Ultimates and Ultimate Spider-Man relaunch after Ultimatum finishes. I hate thats Ultimate Spider-Man cover so very, very much

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=21235

Destroyer #2

Quality.

Kirkman's clearly having his fun here- the violence has been little short of extreme and the fast pace of a lifetime's rogues gallery has that signature spark behind it. Beyond that, though, this is some of his best writing yet. Always a writer for playing with the status quo and genre hallmarks, Kirkman has found great material exploring the frailty in the slow death of the indestructible man. It's poignant, sensitive stuff and makes great reading.

Walker's art is ace too. It's been a long time since Invincible #1-7 and he's hardly recognisable anymore. The frailty of his previous line work is gone, with smooth and bold strokes taking their place and pushing his art far beyond his older work. very excited to see him return to Invincible now- which I wasn't at all at first.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!