• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Yeah I had a quick glance at the main story one since it was written by Millar and it seemed pretty good. About twice as expensive as the tie ins though!

Also had a look at Astounding X-Men (whatever the Whedon one was called) and was put off by the art style, Beast just looked wrong

Yeah I had a quick glance at the main story one since it was written by Millar and it seemed pretty good. About twice as expensive as the tie ins though!

Also had a look at Astounding X-Men (whatever the Whedon one was called) and was put off by the art style, Beast just looked wrong

You have no soul.

JUST LOOK AT WOLVIE!

astonishing-x-men-1-100k.jpg

Beast going feline was the best thing to happen in X-Men for a long, long time. Read Grant Morrison's New X Men and you'll understand.

in other news:

Deadpool #1-#9. Absolutely fucking mental. Brilliant stuff.

More Green Lantern stuff. Fun times.

yeah well..you're wrong, then. :p

I guess probably the majority of X-Men fans are wrong aswell then :p

God damn it I hate my indecisiveness! Ive stopped picking up single issues for a few years now and just get trades but every now and again i'll start back up for maybe 2 weeks. Ive just been reading through some of my old Ultimate Spider-Man issues and whadda ya know, I wanna start collecting single issues again!

Edited by Happenstance

What's wrong with it?

It felt appropriate, and I liked the design better. Looked less like a "blue wolverine" as I remember thinking when I was small, and defined him a bit better. He was always a bit hazy...general agility and strength etc. The feline evolution made him a bit more "solid" as a character. I liked the whole concept of secondary evolutions. Emma Frost's became her trademark!

Dan's just reminded me how much I loved that whole period of X-Men. It felt so appropriate with the school opening officially, loads more issues opened up like you said that fitted well, and were relatable, mutant or human.

Quitley's interior work was stunning, especially the issue where Jean and Emma enter Cassandra/Charles' head.

167906-emma-frost_400.jpg

Edited by Paj!

I loved the way he drew the women (and the men). No one else draws people like him, is figures aren't particularly clichedly sexy. The proportions are off, but only in their stature and poise, not their boobs/muscles.

Realistic in a way, yet wonderfully stylised. I loved the fragility his linework gave his figure too.

Dan, you've read deadpool, my favourite bit of the whole of it so far is when he's really poor that he builds a chair out of explosives to watch tv. Later on he sits in the chair of zeke's house and goes "this sure is a comfy chair...but does it explode?"

These Green Lantern books are going to give me a fraking stroke

I'm like...jumping over 3 series' (am I? probably?), dealing with the shit scans and about 20 fraking years of continuity over Green Lantern, JLA, Green Arrow...arrgh.

still, it is bitchin. I'm also enjoying the fact that the central character is, basically, a bit of a cunt. makes a change.

I always had a problem with the way he drew Emma Frost, always made her look weird and ugly
With Quitely I think it's either love or hate with a lot of fans. Personally I'm not that big a fan, although I did quite like All Star Superman, with the exception of the too-modern colouring style. But ocassionally he made Supes' chin look ridiculous.
I keep forgetting to rave about it but guys.....X-Men Origins Wolverine (Uncaged edition) e.g. the video game is FUCKING sweet.

Its an 18, which says it all really. Think Uncharted, but with an 18 rated Wolverine.

No offence but your love of marvel seems to cloud your judgement of certain video games :heh: After your verdict on the god-awful Spider-Man: Web of Shadows I'm just not sure I can trust your opinion on another game with Wolverine in :indeed:

With Quitely I think it's either love or hate with a lot of fans. Personally I'm not that big a fan, although I did quite like All Star Superman, with the exception of the too-modern colouring style. But ocassionally he made Supes' chin look ridiculous.No offence but your love of marvel seems to cloud your judgement of certain video games :heh: After your verdict on the god-awful Spider-Man: Web of Shadows I'm just not sure I can trust your opinion on another game with Wolverine in :indeed:

Download the demo! And Web of Shadows was "good" not shit. Nor amazing. Wolverine is BRILLIANT.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!