• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Grabbed 11 comics from free comic day, though I've only read Blackest Night 0, which was great. Just one thing though. Batman's dead?

Also got the last copy of Astounding Wolf-Man vol. 2, and issues 13, 14 and 15. I haven't had chance to read the single issues yet, but again I very much enjoyed it, love the art style.

Grabbed 11 comics from free comic day, though I've only read Blackest Night 0, which was great. Just one thing though. Batman's dead?

Also got the last copy of Astounding Wolf-Man vol. 2, and issues 13, 14 and 15. I haven't had chance to read the single issues yet, but again I very much enjoyed it, love the art style.

Yes. It was on the bbc news, serisouly didn't know? humph. He's not actually dead, but he might aswell be

Well, it begins, the end of all ends. From the looks of things, batmans coming back or atleast an ... interesting version of batman. Aquaman, sue dibney (who i am very suprised is gonna come back...defiled as a human, and now as a corpse?) someone i didn't recognise and earth 2 superman. I really loved the oath of the black ring. Things are heating up

:D

Comic events in general nowadays, i swear, it's simply because writers think thats what we want, its big and its blockbustery etc. But they spend 3 months telling the story and the next 9 dealing with the aftermarth, only in time for the next one to come along. It annoys me to no end.

Well, it begins, the end of all ends. From the looks of things, batmans coming back or atleast an ... interesting version of batman. Aquaman, sue dibney (who i am very suprised is gonna come back...defiled as a human, and now as a corpse?) someone i didn't recognise and earth 2 superman. I really loved the oath of the black ring. Things are heating up
:D

Comic events in general nowadays, i swear, it's simply because writers think thats what we want, its big and its blockbustery etc. But they spend 3 months telling the story and the next 9 dealing with the aftermarth, only in time for the next one to come along. It annoys me to no end.

I don't think Batmans coming back in Blackest Night personally. I reckon they'll uncover the grave or whatever and it just doesnt work blah.

Word thems some awesome purchases/

Marvels TPB

I really loved this book, it was a brilliant look through some of the most important moments in the Marvel history through the eyes of a normal photographer. I loved seeing these moments again and instead of having it fixate on the superheroes, seeing what the rest of the public was thinking.

One of my favourite parts would probably be the sections on the X-Men and mutants in general, showing a bit more of the hysteria that was going around and how even Phil Sheldon (the photographer) got caught up in it himself after seeing the X-Men for the first time.

Even though I can recognise the brilliance of Alex Ross' art im usually not the biggest fan of it, its just not really my style but I thought that it worked absolutely perfectly in this more "real world" setting. When you are focusing more on the public than the heroes I think it helps. My only complaint would be the way he draws Spider-Man, a bit too cumbersome (sp?) I think.

I need to gets me some more trades, its been a while since I bought a new one that id never read before and it was a really good read.

I don't think Batmans coming back in Blackest Night personally. I reckon they'll uncover the grave or whatever and it just doesnt work blah.

Word thems some awesome purchases/

I dunno, his skeleton is buried there, i personally think the batman thats buried there will come back but batman himself is still stuck in the past if you get what i mean.

They have been dropping like flies recently, not that it matter they always come back.

Heard recently that up until now Batman was the only person from the "main" Justice League team who had not died and come back :blank:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!