• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I think vol 2 gets too much flak. I mean, given the end of vol 1 I thought it was done really well. Great character stuff in there.

it's a little light on the punch ups I suppose but I don't give a shit :heh:

I'd wouldn't say a score of 8.25/10 approx was giving it flack. ;)

So. Wanted eh?

glorious. Who can't love a book with a major character called Shit Head?

also: picked up Spiderman Noir #1 while I was in Forbidden Planet. £3.30 seems a touch steep for a single issue but whatever. who gives a fuck when this is what it looks like?

SMNOIR001_cvr_medium.jpg

Yeah I liked Wanted. Millar is a god. I didn't think it was AMAZING though. But I did enjoy it, and its premise is fairly unique.

You should hunt out "Kick Ass". Its what if a kid decided to become a super hero, in our reality (ie no super powers etc) very cool. Movie in fact is coming out this year. Only started fairly recently.

Also 1985. And Old Man Logan. And Ultimates. Millar = amaz.

I thought Spider-Man Noir was excellent. Its just 4 issues Dan, but you're correct on the price point (although at reasonable stores, its £2.80) but you saw my Marvel price rant, so thats been well documented.

X-Men Noir was a bit steep for my liking. Daredevil Noir starts this week.

Word Happens. Its awesome. The main guy is from a town over from me (or two towns) :) + McLovin + Nic Cage. Awww yeah.

ebay tells me the noir imprint hunt will be hencefourth cheaper. very impressed so far, especially with how dark the end of spiderman was. Horrific frankly.

Wanted, on completion, was a riot. Nihilistic, sick, funny as fuck and genre crunchingly brave. The 4th wall smasher of an ending was as bizzare as it was bold and brilliant. Quality art, too.

The Dark Knight Returns is brilliant so far (3/4 done), very different to Strikes Again, which I knew, but I assumed it would be the same jokey style.

I'm sure everyone's read it, but I'd never got around to it.

It's a powerful story, not exactly sure why. For whatever reason, during the third book, the few silent panels where Robin slips from Batman's grasp in their escape from a building onto a glider, I found very powerful. The way he grabs her without melodrama and just says "Good soldier. Good soldier", and holds her.

I'll move this to here so I dont fill the Post Your Purchases thread

Are there any sites which provide a list of which characters come with certain Heroclix sets? I was just looking to see if I could find one for the Secret Invasion ones ive been buying but no luck so far, just previews etc.

I'll move this to here so I dont fill the Post Your Purchases thread

Are there any sites which provide a list of which characters come with certain Heroclix sets? I was just looking to see if I could find one for the Secret Invasion ones ive been buying but no luck so far, just previews etc.

Secret Invasion

The Marvel Sets

The DC Sets

Theres search stuff there too.

I like how the Captain Mar-vell image on that site is actually different to the actual figure. Its missing the yellow logo on his chest that my one has:

HMSI_042b.jpg

EDIT: Im starting to see what you mean aswell about the quality of the SI ones, some of these images show them to be terrible:

HMSI_113.jpgHMSI_051.jpgHMSI_111.jpg

Edited by Happenstance

Exactly. More reason why you should buy Clobberin Time off ebay....you get a shot at this beauty.

Doesn't look good in this but he is totally awesome.

HMCT_086_rot03.jpg

Here is my prized SHIELD collection. In the old days, they did tournaments and stuff where they use a sculpt from the main set, and give it different name/bronze ring and stats etc, and these are my lovely (some of them very very rare) agents. Including the legendary Clay Quartermain.

IMGP0372.jpg

I bougt 2 Origin boosters today, 99p each, thought I may as well. Forgot I have almost all the figs. Only decent pull was Mo'Nel V (have no Mo'Nel's at all) and arguably U Blue Beetle, but I'd prefer NOT to own him.

Nice work ReZ, I feel inspired to do some myself now. I don't think anywhere nearby sells them however.

Cheers fellas. :) Just about to finish painting some Invincible ones (Cecil, a character I can't reveal (spoilers) and Rex Splode)

Oliver

Da internet.

http://www.JaffasWorld.com (if that isnt right, then Google it)

http://www.AdventuresGate.co.uk

http://www.Psi-Soft.co.uk

Are reasonably priced. Or teh Ebayz.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!