Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

Greg Land has no business being allowed to be a comic book artist, he is a complete sham and other actually talented artists should be allowed to come through instead of Marvel allowing a tracer to continue working on big name comics.

Totally agree. If you look at Deviant Art, theres just hundreds of LITERALLY ridiculously talented people, better than 90% of people in the industry...why aren't they being snapped up by these big names, to do all the titles with shitty artwork?

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

You prefer da graphics over da gameplay?

I see what you're trying to show with that image, but some of those poses are very popular.

Nah, I'm much more a writing guy, which is why a well written comic with shitty artwork is tolerable.

A shitly written story with amazing artwork however is shit. Like Jim Lee Superman. *Shudders*

Slott on Spider-Man #600.

Once “Face Front†finishes, readers won't have to wait too long to see Slott's next “Amazing Spider-Man†issue. The writer will make his return to the title with the giant-size “Amazing Spider-Man†#600. “Spidey #600 is going to be a blast! One of [spider-Man editor] Steve Wacker's current passions is making #600 one of the biggest, thickest comics known to man and packing it with all-new material. No reprints! Having this giant tome of Spidey-Love barreling at you! I believe we’ve already leaked that I'm working on a Doc Ock story. And I'm going to sound sappy but I don't care, the first comic I read where I kind of got choked up and cried as a kid was the issue with the death of Captain Stacy. Along with his origin that's my favorite Doc Ock story. I really feel honored to be working with such an iconic and important Spider-Man character—and on a centennial issue!

“Since I'm working on issue #600, I owe it the readers to take my best shot at telling the best Spidey and Doc Ock story I can. The page count on this is enormous and there will be an important moment, a landmark in the lives of these characters. Plus there will be plenty of other surprises and guest stars. I'm really trying to tell a big anniversary story. This is me trying to step up and write a movie-worthy script for a Spidey/Doc Ock adventure, and I'm really excited about that.â€

It sounds amazing tbh. I can't wait. Really hope they do the covers like with Thor. They confirmed they are doing that with Captain America too, so it seems likely.

Also re Cap, its looking like Steve might be back. I hope not.

I just....

I just caught up with Invincible...

I just....

jizz-in-my-pants-andy-samberg1.jpg

Unbelievable....I can't believe Kirkman just did that

I'll be back tomorrow/ later to discuss. Mind Blown. Epic.

slightly ashamed I torrented 48-60 but I had to catch up. I'll buy it all one day!

I just....

I just caught up with Invincible...

I just....

jizz-in-my-pants-andy-samberg1.jpg

Unbelievable....I can't believe Kirkman just did that

I'll be back tomorrow/ later to discuss. Mind Blown. Epic.

slightly ashamed I torrented 48-60 but I had to catch up. I'll buy it all one day!

DUDE WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING.

Thank fuck you're still alive. I'D RECOMMEND NO-ONE to do this, and get hit with as much AWESOME as Dan just did in one go. Its dangerous.

What did you think of.

Return of Angstrom

Awwww yeah. Prison Break. Knew you'd love that. ;)

Powerplex - Isn't it a genius little issue.

Nuff said.

Also...isn't the artwork...just....incredible now.

Oh and for the record, Kirkman approves of torrenting as long as you buy them too, which you're gonna. So don't feel too bad.

I can confirm that ReZ's new script for issue 1 of Cast left me a lot more impressed than the original, it's awesome!

[/plug?]

Its true! :)

dude, so awesome. I need to read it all again really. The art is truly something else now. It was good before, but the new colourist is some kind of genius- there's so much depth and texture to the pallet now, it's fantastic.

but man....the story. You told me it got more epic, but I had NO IDEA this was coming. I expected something totally different.

I can't fucking beleive Rex is dead. He was by far my favourite hero in the book. Eve and Monster Girl look like they're on the way out too. I was a bit freaked out by The Mauler Twins getting pulped too. Again- favourites! I suppose Kirkman knows his shit. Deaths mean alot in this book.

I can't beleive they just wrecked Earth. It's completely fucked! what the HELL is going to happen?

and finally.

for the love of god tell me #61 is due out soon.

I just looked on the Kirkman forums and it's due on the 22nd. Not too long, I suppose.

Not too long?! Thats ages. I actually can't wait that long. I thought it might be two weeks away. Three I cannot handle.

But yeah its SICK. Told you the 50's were amazing. I wasn't hyping.

IMO the first pages of #60 are the most stunning pieces of colour work that I've personally encountered.

You should jump on Wolf-Man now, if you want more goodness to read.

And The Walking Dead.

But yeah. Invincible. Amazing.

I can't wait to get home and paint some Invincible custom Heroclix I've started.

EDIT: I have "sculpted" (cut and stuck other clix) all these now, so they just need to be painted.

Angstrom Levy in new costume is the worst, but he's really difficult to put together from the (albeit shit loads) of clix and rubble I've got, but still.....meh. I'll try and do him justice but I won't hold my breath.

Kid Omni Man however will look AWESOME.

As will Cecil Steadman.

And Immortal will be okay. They're the ones I've done so far. Might do an evil Invincible too...cos I've got a sculpt (Firefly from Batman) whose face looks identical to the Mark with full balaclava etc.

Also if you look on the Kirkman forums (http://www.Kirkmania.com) and check the Ottley Art thread theres some alternate panels and Invincibles that didn't make the cut to #60 including

The panel of Evilincible flying over the Statue of Liberty, with the torch shoved in her arse.

In fact you guys should both join that. Just ignore my signature...

(Its the one I made for Tellyn...c'man it was too awesome not to use)

So i torrented all of The Walking Dead too.

I've read 2 issues just now and...damn. This is good. I know FP have the hardbacks in stock so I think I may well just buy it. I'm very, very impressed.

The PDF scan jobs I've got are excellent , but there's something in the style of this that just needs to be owned, read in hardback and collected.

£20 of my precious £75. Plus P+P. Unless I buy something else too.

Volume 2. Lollo. Or search for cheaper.

So i torrented all of The Walking Dead too.

I've read 2 issues just now and...damn. This is good. I know FP have the hardbacks in stock so I think I may well just buy it. I'm very, very impressed.

The PDF scan jobs I've got are excellent , but there's something in the style of this that just needs to be owned, read in hardback and collected.

I think I've said it before but I think you'll actually prefer TWD.

If Invincible is Lost then TWD is The Wire. If that makes sense.

preference over Invincible is a strong term, Rez! A great pop record can always be as satisfying as a prog rock opera after all.

Still, it looks absolutely fantastic, and you may be right. I've always prefered books that are about characters than punching characters! (Invincible does both, which is handy)

The only problem with Walking Dead which i think I have mentioned before is keeping track of characters and who is who in black and white but apart from that I really do love that book. I need to get the third HC soon.

Yeah I agree, it can be tricky.

And Dan.....if you think #60 changed Invincible....you're gonna like certain arcs in TWD

Its.....

*no words to describe it*

awesome, looking forward to it.

I didn't realise you had a letter posted in Invincible #48 rez! The torrent I got has the letters pages scanned in and I was reading them, read yours and thought mid way through 'this sounds exactly like Rez' and indeed it was. Congrats in some form, I suppose :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!