• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I never been too interested in Ant Man, its a good read then?

EDIT: Ive just looked and Vol.1 of that is out of stock aswell!

Yeah it's brilliant. Its the new Ant-Man Eric O'Grady. A short but sweet run that wasn't popular so was cancelled. I can hardly complain though, I never bought it. Wasn't into Kirkman at that time and didn't interest me AT ALL but is wicked.

Moot point if its out of stock lol.

Read up to issue 4 of Invincible yesterday. It's good so far. Not gripping but it's only getting started so that's cool. It started pretty damn quickly. By the end of the first issue, BAM!, most of it is set up.

I get to sleep in tomorrow so I'll give it a solid session tonight.

Anyone heard anything about Thor these days? I just noticed the vol.1 trade by JMS so thought id see if its supposed to be good or not.

Its supposedly amazing. Most issues got 9+ from IGN for example. As I mentioned I bought 600 and it was good, considering I havn't been following.

Also Daft, word. You'll be "gripped" soon though. Either gripped or punched in the family jewels by the comic.

The backgrounds on that website are nice, but the gallery offers some very hit and miss pieces. A lot looks like mediocre action poses by an anime fangirl. Some is very nice though. (the subtler pieces)

yea i like her work - but her website OFFENDS me with it's atrocious layout.

if i ever feel like watching a horror movie i might just skip it and click "view page source" in the gallery section. *shudder*

Battle Pope Volume 1

Finished reading this today and while I did enjoy it, id say its not as good as Kirkmans other work but then of course the others do have very high standards.

Still its a good read and I will probably get the rest of the trades. Jesus is a good wacky sidekick in it and the Pope himself is awesome with his drinking and "sexual activities". Some very funny moments thoughout from both the good guys and the demons.

Sounds interesting. My friend went as Battle Pope to one of the legendary super hero shindigs....in face....Happenstance, you said you were (roughly) in the MK area? Its held at Pink Punters, if you know it. I invite you to the next one....which....isn't arranged yet...probably won't be for a while...but yeah.

n509970580_2690677_3572.jpg

Lolz!

n509970580_2690458_4341.jpg

HOLY FREAKING CRAP.

Invincible #60 Preview HUGE FREAKING SPOILERS, only click if you're upto date. (Or upto issue 58/51)

(I've posted three pages. Doesn't ruin the issue, its 40 pages I believe)

prv2234_pg1.jpg

prv2234_pg2.jpg

prv2234_pg3.jpg

I just compared comic to screen issue 25 ish to this panel.

A) The artwork is miles ahead, Ryan Ottley is ridiculously talented now.

B) LOOK AT THE COLOURING! Its absolutely AMAZING. Its astonishing that both the best artist and best colourist (arguably) in the industry are on the same book. With the best writer.

Judging from the first five pages, this will be my favourite comic book issue of all time.

Should be a very good issue.

The only thing though is that, even for a comic book that explanation doesnt sit well with me.

Are you talking about

How he survived? I think it works really well actually. He can barely move, so only had the energy to open a portal = awesome. As to why he isn't dead? I look at it this way. If your arm gets SO BADLY beaten, that it is bone and mush...will you die? From blood loss....eventually yeah. Your head? Well of course...its got your brain in. BUT this guys brains run down into his back and shoulders. If his head is fucked, he can still operate.

Thats the way I look at it.

I looked at the spoilers. And I've not read a single issue of invincible. Oh well.

You're a fucking idiot. :blank::blank::blank: (I hate you) *Lectures on MSN*

Edited by ReZourceman

DC have announced their next animated film after GL.

"SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES"

sbpe.jpg

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40430

PG-13 Batman is exciting, but.....its based on something written by Jeph Loeb. Something I'm not familiar with admitadly, but Jeph Loeb...well I'd rather contract HIV than read one of his comics again.

February sales.

unitshare.jpg

Pisses me off that the market leaders are ripping off its fan base, when they clearly don't need to be. Fucking pricks.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!