Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

Maybe HBO or Showtime?

But yeah I think it is more fitting as a TV series

Also, found out that Garth Ennis was one of the creators of The Darkness.

Now I want it even more.

You've read it all I assume? Whats your favourite volume, or are they all pretty on par?

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Um

Spellcasting?

Oh fine. But even so, the fact that it didn't remind me of magic at all suggest it doesn't work that well.

As though it's a trying-to-be-clever-title-referring-to-magic-in-an-attempted-uncliched-way-but-comes-off-sounding-strangely-weak-title.

: peace:

Not trying to be clever at all, you're just a dumbass lol! ;)

Its a good title, considering the main characters name is "Paul Weahters" and thats a shit sounding title. Cast I think is a good title. I kept glancing over at work, and saw the logo and I think it looks rather definitive and just....like can't explain it. It just seems to fit.

Various iterations ;

Castlogo03orig.jpg

Castlogo2.jpg

Castlogo01copy.jpg

Oh fine. But even so, the fact that it didn't remind me of magic at all suggest it doesn't work that well.

As though it's a trying-to-be-clever-title-referring-to-magic-in-an-attempted-uncliched-way-but-comes-off-sounding-strangely-weak-title.

: peace:

You clearly don't read fantasy enough, hell muse sing about it "cast a spell over the ones you love and burn" etc,

fail :P

That being said rez, i like the more bloodied version of cast tbh

You can't really call a character Vesper, since it brings forth instant memories of Vesper Lynd from James Bond.

You could just not name her, which is technically breaking all forms of cliche.

And I hate the fact it's Dracula. Why not use a different Vampire? Dracula is in everything. Create your own.

-----------

You should also have some sort of corruption within the Police ranks, otherwise the reader will always ask the question "Why don't they just call the police/army and get over it?"

Perhaps the police see Paul and Aaron accidentally destroying a street of shops or something, killing a few people and assume they are criminals. Paul/Aaron feel remorse, and question being heroes - leads to character development, and means in future issues they can't rely on the police/army to help them so there is increased sense of peril.

---------

Possible plot point:

Paul and Aaron accidently kill (a) bystander(s), and are arrested.

The next night, ex-hero (anti-hero?) who was friend with Paul's dad arrives. (S)he is really good, and fights off multiple policemen with ease. They break out, and Paul and Aaron escape, while the reader sees the rescuer surrounded and being shot. (Does the (anti-)hero die? Are they re-introduced later on as an antagonist?)

Aaron leaves police. General distrust. Have to go into hiding. They fight vampires etc etc.

Caste > Cast

As a word/title for anything. It's complete and whole and firm. However it makes no sense in this context. But then neither does "cast". It's just a word to do with magic. I prefer 'Casting", even. Cast I trip over in my head. It doesn't stop me when I walk into it, I just graze my shin as I tumble over it. It's not dynamic enough.

It's just not dynamic or firm enough to be a big, brash comic book title, for me, anyway. "Cast Away" is funnier. Though not necessarily the best choice. :wink:

However, I really liked the photoshop thingies you did. The last one is very cool. : peace:

You can't really call a character Vesper, since it brings forth instant memories of Vesper Lynd from James Bond.

You could just not name her, which is technically breaking all forms of cliche.

And I hate the fact it's Dracula. Why not use a different Vampire? Dracula is in everything. Create your own.

A) Yeah names can change, I'm not 100% on it either.

B) I actually really like that idea. Her name isn't important, so why name her?

C) Its Dracula so that I can redefine the legacy of Dracula, and also when you find out its his wife, and it was Draculas wife that instantly means to any reader "Oh shit" without having to delve into a storyline involving him first.

Thanks for the feedbackz, I'll do loads more variations on the logo after din din.

"Cast Away" might work if you went with my idea of him being a wanted criminal.

A lovely double entendre. You could even include some dialogue like this:

Paul: "Ok, this guy is beginning to piss me off. Tell me when I can spontaneously combust his face."

Someone else: "Cast away."

Obviously better dialogue than that though.

"Cast Away" might work if you went with my idea of him being a wanted criminal.

A lovely double entendre. You could even include some dialogue like this:

Paul: "Ok, this guy is beginning to piss me off. Tell me when I can spontaneously combust his face."

Someone else: "Cast away."

Obviously better dialogue than that though.

I love-a life. That's what I was intending.

There should be one arc where he casts a spell wrong, and time begins to unwind - not that big a deal at first.

The reader sees events from previous issues from the perspective of other characters. Would allow insight into the stories of other characters.

The reader sees how his father becomes a wizard.

Then it gets worse and there is general peril when time becomes seriously interwined in itself. That would allow for crazy more-undefined art, and random mix-match of previous dialogue etc etc (an opportunity to have fun).

Then time corrects itself - (a lovely explanation that time governs itself, and a slight disturbance can throw it offcourse, but it will eventually correct itself. Uncliche in the fact that it disallows paradoxes etc, which are far too easily used as plot devices in comics).

Basically a lovely tangentical arc, which also helps give the reader insight into past stories.

First was best.

I love how you don't care that I hate the title. :wink:

Haha, I value your opinion, but yeah. I've been thinking about this comic for about a month now, and havn't come up with anything. Well working title was "Inheritance" but a) thats lame and b) that dragon book is called that. I just think the title is perfect really. Short, obvious and not crap.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!