• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Just the general feel of it, its an old comic, the colouring etc. I know its the style, but I just can't read old comic stuff as easily as I can new stuff.

Jean Grey is extremely dead.

Walking Dead = Was amazing.

Old Man Logan = Arrived.

Gunslinger Born = Purchased.

--------------

Caught wind via Toy Fare magazine of two prominent Black Lanterns.

Earth 2 Superman and Martian Manhunter

.............:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy::idea: The idea of either of them with a power ring is face bleedingly awesome.

but....no! Dave Gibbons' art is incredible! The colours are stunning too. It's not as clean as modern stuff but that's not a bad thing- if anything it's a positive. I'd far rather a 'rough' edge than a photoshop filter.

I really liked the work of Gibbons on Watchmen...it kinda seemed a bit..generic at first..but the darker stuff in it was chilling, which then painted the cleaner, brighter, superhero-costumed scenes in a darker light.

Dunno.

Also didn't like that art and thought it ruined it a bit. Its not like you can't get modern art that is suited to things like V for Vendetta. Ie The Walking Dead. Quite scratchy, but just looks clearer and just....better/ Better printing quality etc.

Anyway

GLC #33

Awesome. Love this so much. So many plot threads. Weird Origins and Omens things at the end about the Black Lanterns and the Black Books creation ooooh.

7.5/10

TWD #58

Wowza. That was some mental dialogue.

9/10

Yeah, but I was also being told what I said was dumb. Everyone loves Dark Knight Returns yet I dont like it as much as I probably would due to the art.

Ok.

I think the art of The Dark Knight Returns/Strikes Again is a huge component of the appreciation of it.

Just spotted that the Absolute Sandman collection comes to a total of £150 on amazon! Given the current conversion ratio... that means little over 160 euros. And seeing as each volume costs almost 100 euros here and there's 4 of them, I believe I've found my next purchase!!!

:heh:

By the way, the new Preacher hardcover collected edition is coming, and it's looking mighty good, too!

I have heard nothing but bad things about forbiddenplanet.co.uk - I personally have bought something and it never arrived, about 4 months later I got an email saying it was out of stock. Friends of mine have had similar experiences.

http://forbiddenplanet.com/ on the other hand is much better, they are actually 2 totally different companies. the .co.uk is the Forbidden Planet International (ironically) and personally I think they're shite.

On a completely unrelated note, Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon has silly lyrics in its opening song: "Looking up with no surprise, arriving in the speed of time". Speed of time? Wtf is that??

Wishing I had listened to you now. I ordered through them but found Walking Dead was the same price on amazon later so I decided to cancel. Emailed them yesterday and no response yet, been trying to ring them all day and it just rings.

I really hate websites that make you jump through hoops just so you can cancel something. Feels like Gameplays service where I had to send about 10 emails to cancel an order.

Yeah, sorry I should have chimed in earlier but they are complete wank. Ordered a book once, checked whether it was in stock, said it was. After a few weeks I emailed, no reply. They eventually replied after about 6 weeks...well not replied, just automated email in re to my order saying it was out of stock and on order at the suppliers. Never came.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!