Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

I wasnt talking about the discussion, I was talking about your views on the world and emotion etc not having to be forced into a universe that doesnt have to be governed by the same rules.

Like I said, it would be nice if he understood my perspective. It's not a big deal, though. Just thought I'd post my thoughts and see what happens.

Yeah but they are different things. Whether other alien races distinct them in the same method as us is irrelevant, as the rings translate everything. Also I'm pretty sure a ring could correct colour blindedness. :p

Correct colour blindness? So you think colour blindness is something that needs to be corrected? :heh:

It doesn't seem like a fun discussion... all I see is daft and rez getting slightly more annoyed with each others point of view...)

Not really sure how I'd actually go about getting annoyed with Rez. Not sure it's possible. I've accepted his biggest flaw - his love for Michael Bay films.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Just read USM #160

Did that feel really short to anyone else. I mean I really enjoyed the fight and it was awesome seeing MJ join in but it seemed like it was over really quickly.

Also, the ending..... Are there anymore books solicited before the relaunch? The story feels like it needs one more issue, a none action one to round everything off. I still dont really believe he is dead at this point and need to see something a lot more conclusive.

Also it occured to me just now. We're getting the Ultimate Spider-Man animated series this year, its hard to believe they'll keep Peter out of the comics for long with that airing as well.

I finished X-Men Forever 2.

X-Men_Forever_2_Vol_1_15.jpg

*sigh*

Chris Claremont is atrocious. I see why they gave him this title - probably to get him out their hair. Seriously, he obviously created some important stories in his day, but comic writing has evolved since then and his style is not only dated but just LAME. Patronising drivel and completely forced characterisation is the order of the day. Same old Claremont tropes on show too.

Anyway.

Shame cause I can imagine if a similar overall story were in the hands of a better writer (and artist...EW at the art team for these books), it could've been interesting. Everything just reeked of Claremont's crapness.

Things I liked:

- The fact it had a second series, X-Men Forever 2. A joke/stunningly definitive thing to do.

- Mystique joining the team.

The rest was so so dire. I don't think X-Men Forever 3 has been announced/ever will, right? The story clearly isn't finished. Over it. It's just like...how can somone let this writing out to the public? Ugh. No input from others cause of his 'status'.

I see DC in the time honoured tradition of ruining event books have the next issue of Green Lantern : Emerald Warriors out next week as a epilogue when the last book in the event doesn't come out for another two weeks!

I only read it cause It told me so many jokes. Bad ones, but they were there. I have no interest in going back and reading the half of X-Treme I never read (the horrific Igor Kordey art doesn't help there either), or his 04 Uncanny run. I actually started the Uncanny run, but couldnt even get to the bit I wanted to (Psylocke's return) as it was ruining me.

I'm more interested in reading the old stories. I saw they're releasing a few big collections of X-stories this year like a big omnibus with Jim Lee. Also an (unrelated to Claremont) collection of X-Cutioner's Song, which I remember reading most of, but not all.

I didn't know until tonight that there was an Ultimatum Complete Collection thing, with both Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum.

I want it.

I have had a sick urge to own both of them properly since I read them. I love. I love bad. I love not giving a shit.

It's my favourite thing that isn't good. As was New Ultimates.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!