• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Wait, is the Ultimate line ending completely?

I'm confused.

Oh the Deadpool arc...I forgot about that. I don't remember it being bad so much as forgettable (clearly). I can't even remember what happens. Is it not just a complete copy of the Most Dangerous Game arc from Ultimate X-Men, only with added Deadpool?

No, Ultimate Spider-Man is being relaunched with a new #1 and new Spider-man

Well I guess technically the entire universe is relaunching but its just like after Ultimatum so its still a continuation and not a reboot.

Ive said before but I think this was the original plan for after Ultimatum that got all screwed up so theyre trying it again.

Edited by Happenstance

---

Cyclops' death was actually ok/in keeping/shocking and like hammering home the point that everyone was done with mutants.

1779562-ultimatum__5_cyclops_super.jpg

No, Ultimate Spider-Man is being relaunched with a new #1 and new Spider-man

3623736267_95e2ece644_o.gif

( I love how Ultimate X never got to issue 5/tell an actual story. )

Well really, the whole Ultimate line is being relaunched ala DC.

Ultimate X-Men is back.

Ultimates is back.

Ultimate...Hawkeye...

Ultimate Spider-Man obviously..

Ultimate Blogskin

Ultimate Tewbly

Not like DC. DCs has history changing etc, this is still just a continuation

Thank fuck Ultimate X-Men is back. X was shit. There's tonnes of mutants still out there waiting to be found and utilised (like Liz Allen, which X started to look into but yeah.). 'Karen Grant' can suck a dick, she can suck a ballsack. Jean iz where its at.

Storm and Colossus haven't been seen since Ultimatum. Kitty is Crimson Cloak. Iceman is...normal and living at Aunt May's...ROGUE is somewhere. God only knows.

Thank fuck Ultimate X-Men is back. X was shit. There's tonnes of mutants still out there waiting to be found and utilised (like Liz Allen, which X started to look into but yeah.). 'Karen Grant' can suck a dick, she can suck a ballsack. Jean iz where its at.

Storm and Colossus haven't been seen since Ultimatum. Kitty is Crimson Cloak. Iceman is...normal and living at Aunt May's...ROGUE is somewhere. God only knows.

ultimate-comics-x-men-1-variant.jpg?w=490&h=744

I haven't read Ultimate Spider-Man since the last time they relaunched it with a new #1 (mostly because I have no money, but still). If comic books were just allowed to go on with no relaunches for no reason, no crossover events and if they were allowed to end once the original writer leaves, I'd be a lot more interested in reading them. :sad:

I haven't read Ultimate Spider-Man since the last time they relaunched it with a new #1 (mostly because I have no money, but still). If comic books were just allowed to go on with no relaunches for no reason, no crossover events and if they were allowed to end once the original writer leaves, I'd be a lot more interested in reading them. :sad:

Invincible_41_cover_by_WyA.jpg

*Waves*

More DC reboot details:

THUNDER Agents will return, and yes, will still have Nick Spencer writing.

Nicola Scott is working on an upcoming DC project.

Most of the released solicitation images for the DC Relaunch are not the covers for the first issue – so look forward to all those being announced soon as well.

Action Comics and Justice League are set in the past, the Green Lantern, Batman and LSH books are all continuing without a reboot. DCU Presents, Green Arrow and Hawkman are picking up where Brightest Day left off. But for everything else, yes, it will be more of a reboot/restart. They are basically keeping the books going that were financially successful for them and restarting everything else.

The DC Retroactive material was set up to keep the publishing schedule full so people didn’t fully notice a lot of the key creative teams were “missing†and using the time to get books done in advance. It was also set up as the first part of an initiative to pull back lapsed readers.

The Flashpoint books were also being done by teams not being used in the reboot to help give those guys more time.

You...imply...you've...read it....?!$?1$?!$?1$?

If I can't afford Ultimate Spider-Man, I'm not going to be able to catch up on years of Invincible. Sorry. :p

I just meant what I know of the comic book (mostly) from reading this thread.

I plan on using this DC relaunch as an excuse to (try and) start reading comics properly [/buying into the marketing ploy]. I always do it for a little while then give up. But...tbh I seem to spend very little at uni, a lot less than I thought I would anyway. Or rather...I always have money 'left over'. Glad I did take a year to discover that though.

Plus my local comic shop (which is very nice) had a shit selection. Like a tiny bit of actual comics, the rest just graphic novels at RRP price. Like...why?

Reading comic books on the computer just isn't the same thing. It's like listening to music when all you have are the built-in laptop speakers. Sure, it'll do in a pinch, but it doesn't exactly make you want to listen to a lot of music. :hmm:

I do read a lot of the on the computer but id rather not be. For me its just a question of price, space and laziness for when I want to read entire arcs. I do still buy most of the stuff I read in trade though when it comes out.

I think I would possibly consider a digital subscription to comics if I had a tablet but thats pretty much the only reason I want a tablet so just cant justify paying that much money for it.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!