• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Not happy about the Ultimate Spider-Man relaunch at all, thats been one of my favourite series for years now and it really doesnt need it!

Exactly. Theres no need for it to be relaunched. Its the only book actually continuing....Ultimates has always been volumes and Ultimate Avengers is new. Pointless money maker.

BTW Stuart Immonen is moving to New Avengers, it was announced.

Relaunches annoy me, as I like having collections of things that go into the big numbers. Makes it feel more real.

Although this seems to come at an appropriate moment.

Can someone give me a rundown of Ultimatum? I know NOTHING about it, and want to be spoiled entirely.

*Sigh* Jeph Loeb can't write. He can die for all I care.

Okay, Ultimatum spoilers.

shit.jpg

Tidal waves and freezing/earthquakes whatever everywhere like Manhattan, Latveria etc. Loads of people have died, Beast (again) Nightcrawler, Wasp, Juggernaut etc, and Magneto broke Prof X neck. Oh before he did Prof X told all the heroes psychically that it was Magneto cos' no-one knew what was going on.

Ultimatum is actually good in Ult Spider-Man, and its shit in everything else.

I'd say Ultimatum is the worst comic story I've ever read. Its the most false, patronising and forced dialogue ever.

The costume changing was good but I felt like a bit too much was happening in the second half, the battles were filled too much with characters. It could also be that I would barely recognise any of the DC badguys that arent from Batman or Superman but I still think it was just a bit too cluttered.

The costume changing was good but I felt like a bit too much was happening in the second half, the battles were filled too much with characters. It could also be that I would barely recognise any of the DC badguys that arent from Batman or Superman but I still think it was just a bit too cluttered.

See I loved it. Really made it feel epic. But I'm big fan of both universes, so I clapped more at apperances of certain villains etc.

I think I just prefered the teams vs eachother than working together.

Id love another crossover with some proper long lasting battles between characters. Superman Vs Sentry would be a great one, as long as it wasnt the wuss Sentry is at the moment.

What issue is Invincible up to at the moment?

I think I just prefered the teams vs eachother than working together.

Id love another crossover with some proper long lasting battles between characters. Superman Vs Sentry would be a great one, as long as it wasnt the wuss Sentry is at the moment.

What issue is Invincible up to at the moment?

Issue 58. #59 is out in two weeks....(or it should be)

Millar interview on Ultimate Avengers. Sounds absolutely fucking sweet.

http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/952/952499p1.html

Sounds like hes taking jibes at Loeb aswell, heh heh.

Wolfman 8,9,10. Invincible 57. Wolfman 11. Invincible 58.

Wow, loved it all.

Finding out Zechariah's back story was brilliant. I thought the cross over was handled really well, wolfman and Invincible fighting The Guardians of the Globe was awesome! Loved it when Inv picked up Immortal by the head and just spun him round taking out the rest of them, amazing. Also, looking forward to the Zechariah/Chloe/Wolfman debarcle, should be good. That was Angstrom Levy at the end ReZ wasn't it and I'm not just being dense? Excellent, eeek can't wait. Oh, and I want to be Eve for so many reasons.

General Marvel panel.

http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/952/952508p1.html

Spider-Man sounds brilliant. 5 issue "American Son" arc with Harry and Norman, leading upto issue 600 returning Doc Ock (yaaaayyyyy) and classic villains ready for 2010's "Sinister 666" which sounds amazing.

If thats all the Spider-Man villains teaming up then IMO SOMETHING dramatic has to happen. As in MAJOR supporting character deaths, or something extremely significant happening to Spidey, like he loses some fingers or something.

:idea::bouncy: :p

Wolfman 8,9,10. Invincible 57. Wolfman 11. Invincible 58.

Wow, loved it all.

Finding out Zechariah's back story was brilliant. I thought the cross over was handled really well, wolfman and Invincible fighting The Guardians of the Globe was awesome! Loved it when Inv picked up Immortal by the head and just spun him round taking out the rest of them, amazing. Also, looking forward to the Zechariah/Chloe/Wolfman debarcle, should be good. That was Angstrom Levy at the end ReZ wasn't it and I'm not just being dense? Excellent, eeek can't wait. Oh, and I want to be Eve for so many reasons.

Yes. You are correct.

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: In an awesome sicko costume. So good.

Post #60 storyline is "Conquest" apparently theres a lot of deaths and casualties leading out of issue 60. Basically can't wait.

Well done for reading them. :) I might re-read Inv from start to finish. And Walking Dead after that.

PS I have Wolf-Man #12, I can bring in tomoz if you want.

General Marvel panel.

http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/952/952508p1.html

Spider-Man sounds brilliant. 5 issue "American Son" arc with Harry and Norman, leading upto issue 600 returning Doc Ock (yaaaayyyyy) and classic villains ready for 2010's "Sinister 666" which sounds amazing.

If thats all the Spider-Man villains teaming up then IMO SOMETHING dramatic has to happen. As in MAJOR supporting character deaths, or something extremely significant happening to Spidey, like he loses some fingers or something.

:idea::bouncy: :p

I'm still not totally clear...the relaunch is still set in the same universe as the previous series and stuff? If it's not, I'll cry.

Woah, woah, lets back up a second or two...doc ocks dead...and has been for a while? am i imagining things?

Nooo.....?

He was one of the peeps on the Initiative thing in Thunderbolts. Thats the last time I saw him.

Besides no one really dies in comics. As Batman proved. ;) (Told you so, btw) :p

Apart from Cap.

What issue you talking aboot?

He gets omega rayed by Darkseid in Final Crisis and because they ray dosen´t really kill it sends them traversing trough parallel worlds and time.

At the end of Final Crisis his shadow is shown watching over Anthro who is a character in the stone age

In march they´ll start releasing "Battle for the cowl" which will hopefully be an interesting read.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!