• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Stoopid retconning. All I know is his hair is black in A Death in the Family. (Also Hush now I think of it.)

Guess we'll find out eventually.

The 52 includes Batman Beyond, right? Are we going to get a cover for that? (Also Superboy too, I assume.)

Yeah...don't say things like that.

Why would you say something like that?!

WHY?!

Say it ain't so!!

I NEEEEEEED MY BATMAN BEYOND!!

tumblr_lm66gyoKRc1qfvde5o1_500.gif

Also, ahhhhh, right. I thought the 52 was a set group.

Anyone reading the new Bendis / Maleav Moon Knight? It's fucking cool - MK sets out in the LA underworld to track down the black market sale of a dead Ultron. Very nice premise but the best bit is how they've given him new split personalities:

Captain America, Wolverine and Spider-Man. It's a fantastic take on how he's adapting to his new role as one of the good guys - literally by becoming other Avengers moment to moment.

Great stuff .

I think he's a character that initially feels very... off. Holy Egyptian warrior priest with split personalities fighting crime in Los Angeles is...well it's a hard sell, isn't it? But it works really well. Give it a shot, anyway. See if it takes you. I love it so far.

In the first BATMAN #1 since 1930, New York Times bestselling writer Scott Snyder teams up with superstar artist Greg Capullo in his DC Comics debut! In the series, Bruce Wayne once again becomes the only character taking on the Batman name.

DC are messing up Morrison's Batman Inc. Also Dick is back as Nightwing and Barbara Gordon is back as Batgirl.

2rnas93.jpg

so my shout for Batman writer was right!

I've been enjoying Snyder's run on Detective comics and just picked up the two American Vampire trades and they're pretty good as well. Should be a good book :)

Dick Grayson Returns as Nightwing

Nightwing #1, a new ongoing series written by Kyle Higgins with art by Eddy Barrows, finds Dick dealing with the return of Haley's Circus to Gotham City – the same big top attraction that he once performed under with his parents. In DC's official announcement, the publisher confirms that Dick's time as the Dark Knight is still relevant. It reads, "After a tenure as the Batman of Gotham, Dick Grayson resumes his mantle as Nightwing! As Dick embraces his identity, Haley's Circus, the big top where he once performed with his family, returns to Gotham – bringing with it a history of murder, mystery and superhuman evil. Nightwing must confront friends and enemies from his past as he searches for the source of an even greater evil."

Jason Todd to star in "Red Hood and the Outlaws"

Dick isn't the only former Robin to be returning to the big time though, as the one and only Jason Todd gets an ongoing title of his own. Red Hood and the Outlaws #1 will be written by Scott Lobdell and drawn by relative newcomer Kenneth Rocafort. In it, Jason Todd finds himself as a leader of a team of antiheroes – including "Green Arrow's rejected sidekick Arsenal and Starfire, a former prisoner of intergalactic war."

exclusive-dick-grayson-back-as-nightwing--20110606055834031-000.jpg

"He's proven to be such a popular character over the last several years with our DVD and also the recent limited series," Marts said of Jason Todd. "The success of those stories helped in earning him his own new title and we're lucky to have Scott Lobdell writing that storyline and Kenneth Rocafort on art, who is a great new talent that we've brought into the DC fold. Jason Todd's group will have several different exciting characters from the DC Universe – some we've seen before and some we haven't."

http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/117/1172824p1.html

Birds of Prey #1

exclusive-the-women-of-gotham-city-20110606055450367-000.jpg

Birds of Prey is taking on a bit of a change, however. Now billed as "Gotham City's covert ops team, taking down the villains other heroes can't touch," the Birds will be handled by acclaimed novelist and comics scribe Duane Swierczynski and artist Jesus Saiz.

:blank:

Batwing #1

exclusive-dc-focuses-on-diversity-in-new-batman-titles--20110605022542785.jpg

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!