Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

The problem with the Flashpoint event for me is that now weve got all this information on whats coming afterwards, it just feels like a bit of a cheap catalyst for the change. Plus with DC going for the entire reboot, why should we care that everythings changed when we wont be seeing the DCU that its changed from again?

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Fear Itself was fuckin' awesome!

The problem with the Flashpoint event for me is that now weve got all this information on whats coming afterwards, it just feels like a bit of a cheap catalyst for the change. Plus with DC going for the entire reboot, why should we care that everythings changed when we wont be seeing the DCU that its changed from again?

Yeah same here. Its like...."Well you're rebooting it so.....". Myearh.

Seriously? The fuck nationality is he, lol.

Sooooo. Anyone seeing X-Men? I'm checking that shit out tonight. A guy on FB (who I usually have fairly similar taste with) said its amazing. He tends to hype stuff like I do though.....

......Which means it IS amazing. :p

He's Brazillian.

Im sure i'll see X-Men at some point but despite the great reviews its getting I still cant bring myself to be interested in it. Ive no idea why either.

More Post Flashpoint Stuff (I dont see the point in spoilering it anymore)

DC Relaunch: Batgirl #1 and Nightwing #1

Well, it looks like there will be a new Batgirl #1 amongst the 52 relaunched books in September.

What will be different this time is that the book will star Barbara Gordon as Batgirl.

Currently taking the role of Oracle, Barbara Gordon lost the use of her legs in Killing Joke, but became the Birds Of Prey’s eye in the sky, and was handled defly in that title. There had been some possibility that control over her lower body may be slowly returning.

But who needs to go through several years of physical therapy, when you can get a relaunch! With a rejuvenated Barbara Gordon back in the Batgirl identity with a flick of a switch!

Oh and yes, there’s also a Nightwing #1. That’s all I know about that one.

DC Relaunch: DC Women To Wear Trousers

So Superman may not be wearing his underwear over his trousers anymore. But he’s not the only one to get a major change in nethergarments.

I understand that there is an editorial edict for the DC Comics superlaunch that their female superheroes wear more… practical clothing. So Wonder Woman gets to keep her trousers. But the likes of Supergirl will be redesigned so they aren’t running around in a little skirt flashing their panties at every available opportunity either. Female superhero characters will have their legs covered.

They can still wear tightblack PVC, but gone are the days when the uniforms informed you whether or not your favourite superheroine had undergone special shaving.

Haven’t heard one way of the other about breasts though. All you Power Girl fans will have to wait for news on that one.

....I liked Stephanie as Batgirl :(

The unternet is basically the badguy internet, its gone more virtual reality lately though. Its been appearing in Red Robin lately, which you should really be reading by the way. One of the best batbooks out there and one im hoping doesnt go bye bye in September.

Ah, okay. Cheers! Doubt I'll pick Red Robin up now, tbh. Maybe in TPB. Tim/RR has popped up in both Gates of Gotham and Superboy, which is pretty cool.

I'm really enjoying Batman Beyond. Just read #4, a kind of one off-ish reintroducing Max from the series.

Batman Beyond rocks so so much.

Well Red Robin is only two trades in so far so it wouldnt take long to catch up, the second trade I found particularly awesome.

I need to catch back up with Batman Beyond after getting that mini series trade. On a bit of a Robin kick at the moment though, probably get another one of the trades tomorrow.

I'll look into RR soon, then. I may follow you up on that in a couple weeks.

Also, I loved this from BB #2. Spoilered it just in case but I don't think it's a spoiler at all. It's just funny.

tumblr_lm4n3cN9ZY1qgctyzo1_500.jpg

LOLFANXFORDAHELP!!

Edited by Daft

Ok just caught up with Batman Beyond, including issue #6. I think I prefer the mini series so far but the ongoing seems ok.

Nice to see a tie in to the Dark Knight movie with the batcycle. Shame the issue was tainted a bit though with some absolutely terrible clunky exposition from Blight

6?! Did you pick that up today? I'm waiting for it to arrive before I read #5.

I thought the JLA stuff was okay. Nothing amazing but I really enjoyed #4. Max rocks in the series.

I didn't think Hush Beyond was that great, tbh.

I never really watched the series, just the pilot episodes, the Joker movie and the JLU tie ins so certain things are lost on me.

I "aquired" #6 today, yes.

Fear Itself was fuckin' awesome!

I just read IGNs review on no.3 and it made a lot of sense with my own thoughts. While a lot of the scenes are impressive we arent really getting a lot of the "Fear" in the main title, especially from the general public considering Marvel kept billing it that way. Also we just dont know or see enough about the main badguy in this.

Also Bucky's death just seemed to be handled poorly. The IGN review said it felt like it was just put in there because thats what we expect from an event these days and I cant help but agree. There was no real build up. If this is the end for Bucky then I think it was a poor way to get rid of a character that has proven so popular since he was brought back.

He's Brazillian.

Im sure i'll see X-Men at some point but despite the great reviews its getting I still cant bring myself to be interested in it. Ive no idea why either.

More Post Flashpoint Stuff (I dont see the point in spoilering it anymore)

DC Relaunch: Batgirl #1 and Nightwing #1

I hope this doesn't turn out true.

I just read IGNs review on no.3 and it made a lot of sense with my own thoughts. While a lot of the scenes are impressive we arent really getting a lot of the "Fear" in the main title, especially from the general public considering Marvel kept billing it that way. Also we just dont know or see enough about the main badguy in this.

Also Bucky's death just seemed to be handled poorly. The IGN review said it felt like it was just put in there because thats what we expect from an event these days and I cant help but agree. There was no real build up. If this is the end for Bucky then I think it was a poor way to get rid of a character that has proven so popular since he was brought back.

I would be fairly surprised if..

actually dead. He might be cybernetickised. Plus he's got that new comic. Unless its all flash backs which makes sense actually.

Anyway folks, X-Men First Class is really really good. I'll go into more detail later. The two people I was with thought it was better than Thor.

Yeah, that looks way less shway when inked. Probably because without ink it's higher contrast.

Supes doesn't look as young either. Still young, but not pre-pubescent.

Also The Flash actually has an expression in that, unlike the inked version.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!