Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

I just got invincible volume 3. And I am disappointed.

And I haven't even opened it yet.

Why the hell is it about 1/3 of the size of volumes 1 and 2?? It looks like the equivalent of 1, maybe 2 of the paperback volumes! I found a round-about way of saving £10 on this purchase, so it only cost me about £8. And it's a good job! If I had paid full price for this, I'd be pissed. Here's hoping the content makes up for it.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Hm o_o still haven't opened it, wikipedia claims it's the same number of issues...

* Invincible Ultimate Collection Hardcover Vol. 1 (collects #1-13, plus extras)

* Invincible Ultimate Collection Hardcover Vol. 2 (collects #14-24, #1/2, #0, parts of #25, plus extras)

* Invincible Ultimate Collection Hardcover Vol. 3 (Collects #25-35, The Pact #4, plus extras)

* Invincible Ultimate Collection Hardcover Vol. 4 (Collects #36-47, plus extras)

Could it really be packed into half the physical size? Maybe I should actually open it and see :/

Edit: I think the pages are thinner... they're a bit more see-through. I may have jumped the gun a little here.

Bought the JLA Vs Avengers trade today. Ive never heard particularly great things about anytime the companies cross over but im always a sucker for that kind of thing anyway.

I loved it.

Better than DC vs. Marvel, anyway. *shudders*/*loved when he was 8*

----

Buy it. Doooo eeeeettttt. Seriously, how many people don't like Invincible.

Honestly, you'll be happy if you buy it. I know you can afford it.*

*I don't.

I only have so many monies.

Buy it for me?

No. :(

So Molly is in my bad books. :mad:

I got up on my "comics are for children" high horse thingy yesterday, and was talking about Killing Joke.

And Joker gives the photos to her dad, Commissioner Gordon.

Ewww sick.

Yeah, pretty bad.

Are Batman and Batwoman siblings?

........Batman the guy who became Batman because his parents were murdered.

Etc. Not happy.

Shooree teeaaaa have you readddd.

A light but awesome week for me this week. I might be tempted by a graphic novel if I see one. Hmmm.

In awesome news Ryan Ottley has been announced as penciler on Kirkman and MacFarlanes "Haunt". Its going to be fucking awesome.

Also Marvel are fucking things up by having a Young Avengers mini series with completely new Young Avengers, and a new creative team. Coudln't be more pissed off.

I hate Mcfarlane art. It's so completely shit.

I don't think it's shit, I just don't really like it. It's a bit too formless...like it's not quite definite. Can't really describe it. It's like cartoony realism, rather than just one or the other.

My least favourite art was the guy did New X-Men after Frank Quitley (:heart:), you couldn't tell what was going on, it was so gloopy and rubbish. He also did stuff on X-treme X-Men too. Why was he hired?!

EDIT: Igor Kordey. That's it.

Google Images suggests he's better than his New X-Men stuff was.

What the hell is this?

In awesome news Ryan Ottley has been announced as penciler on Kirkman and MacFarlanes "Haunt". Its going to be fucking awesome.

HAUNT

What we know

-They story is based around 2 brothers

-Brother 1: was a CIA agent, he stole his brothers girlfriend then married her, he dies and decieds to haunt his brother

-Brother 2: after losing his girlfriend to his borther he becomes a catholic preist, he is described as being "wimpy", after his brothers death he begins to console his brothers widow / and his ex-girlfriend

-Combined: When dead Brother 1 haunts Brother 2 he realizes he can manifest his ectoplasmic powers through his brother into the physical world forming a "ectoplasmic shell" and forming the superhero HAUNT however when they are in a combined state the dead Brother 1 drains energy out his living Brother so they can can not stay combined for in the superhero form too long

-1st Story Arc: Haunt must solve the murder of Brother 1

LUlzzzzzzz.

Yeah I'm not big on MacFarlane art either.

BTW Inv Vol 4 has been delayed. Again. Original solicitation date was August.

Lol...I think everyones getting confused. I am anyway.

Spider-Man was good this week.

You find out Menaces identity, and....

Spidey gets arrested uh-oh.

MENACES identity in white. Lilly

Yowza.

About to read Secret Warriors and Iron Man. <3

ok so is macfarlane drawing this one too or is it this other dude rez mentioned?

That other dude ReZ mentioned? Ryan Ottley....Invincible! How (Dan) dare you!

*Slap*

Yeah hes pencilling, Todd is only doing the inking, so he can't fuck it up too much. The pic above is all Todd though.

http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/952/952304p1.html

DC panel at NYCC. Sounds pretty good. Love how Dan Didio was wearing all the GL t-shirts, read it its cool.

Lots of answers were "Blackest Night" like to Aquaman and Blue Beetle etc etc.

ohhhhhh

right

hey, that's actually pretty cool I guess.

isn't he...already doing a job on Invincible though?

I think Invincible is currently at the top of my list for comic art atm. The colour is just so fucking good and it really brings out the slick pencils- all bold, clean lines and broard expression. It's ace.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!