Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

I never really got why Y is so loved. Not saying it's bad, because it isn't (at all), but it just seems to be a tad bit overrated, to me. Though, to be honest, everything this generation gets a bit blown out of proportion, as far as I'm concerned, lol.

I've not read enough to comment, really. I was recommended it by my brother and just picked it up today. It's probably that need to 'spread the word' about something that is actually good over the mountains of shit out there.

I do like Chris Evans but I dont think he has the "everyman" look that would be needed for Y

They should get Garrett Hedlund. lol

I'm kind of not joking.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Ha! Can't believe I actually made a genuine mistake in it.

Now no one will believe I'm a real artist! :D

------------

Sigh. My comic shop owner was gonna deliver, but he is poorly so couldn't. I don't know how to cope without Invincible tbh. I hate. I've found A forum....but its not as good as the other one (its not updated quite so often) but they do have the first batch of this weeks on there.

Anyway.

Has it been discussed in here....that next year sometime UK comic book deliverys are gonna be made on (Monday or Tuesday it was) but not allowed to sell till Wednesday (lol) so that should be good.

hadn't read that, but am sure I read on Twitter (think it was Larsen) that Diamond have asked for books to be given to them earlier, and was assuming something like this would come out of it :)

oh and I've read my copy of Invincible ;)

It was in the announcement when it was made. Apparently there will be hidden shoppers sent out to check that the street date isn't broken. (Although when discussing it with comic book guy he didn't believe that they would do that)

Is Invincible amazing gmac?

Don't comment on this, but having read the preview I predict that;

Anissa is DEFINITELY gonna die. Split in two or something. And maybe something bad happening to Allen.

Sorry, reading my last message back it made it sound like I thought you were wrong. I meant to say that I just hadnt read about a fixed release date.

I dont know how many shops will bother with it, at least in the US. People are at work during the day and even if they come round on their lunch breaks new comics are usually up by then. I can only see this being helpful for shop owners abroad so they can also sell on Wednesdays.

Well I read the new Invincible:

As usual I thought the art was awesome but apart from that I found little I enjoyed from that. It was just a filler issue until they got to the revelation at the end. I actually dont mind filler issues in the middle of big arcs either but they at least have to be interesting, this wasnt.

Incquired into buying Invincible #77 cover.

@ReZourceman having a hard time wanting to let go of that one, Townsend inked it.

Sad face. Definitely want some of his art. Either gonna find something I like or wait for something I want a lot. Would have...just fucking loved to own #77. Such a shame. Seriously. Well badly wanted it. Can't blame him though, its gorgeous.

I'm an art lover (and a comic lover), but it just seems too much.

I would pay for a commision/a sketch done for me at a convention (nowhere near that much though), but for something "impersonal" like that, I just can't see the justification in buying it over just printing it out. :D :p

Obviously things have personal value etc blah stun yeah shut up

Over printing it out?

*Shakes head*

Think I'm gonna get to work on a Grand Admiral/General (whats his rank?) Thragg Heroclix figure today. Gonna touch up Angstrom too, putty over his waist which is a bit dodgy.

I'd do a ...Young Omni Man but I think I'll wait to

see what he looks like in a few issues, ie if he will have a skin graft over his metal limbs, which I assume he will. Well limb and mouth.

Should really do a Mauler twin at least....and finish Battle Beast. And a new Allen. Hmmm.

Is Marvel plotting a Secret Wars video game?

Secret Wars, the 1984-1985 limited series that launched a toy line, introduced Spider-Man’s black costume and marked the beginning of the crossover era, looms large in Marvel history. The 12-issue comic spawned an immediate sequel, and has been revisited or referenced more recently in Beyond!, New Avengers: The Illuminati and Spider-Man and the Secret Wars.

But now, more than 25 years after the conclusion of Secret Wars, is Marvel planning a return to the Beyonder’s Battleworld — in a video game? It certainly looks that way: Siliconera discovers that, just last week , Marvel filed a trademark for “Secret Wars” that covers everything from software and video-game cartridges to bicycle helmets and sunglasses.

The website points out the registration could be for the third installment of Activision’s Marvel: Ultimate Alliance; the second game, released last year, closely followed the events of the 2006-2007 crossover Civil War. There’s little preventing a sequel from mimicking a decades-old Marvel miniseries (Destructoid certainly hopes it isn’t for another Ultimate Alliance, saying “that cash-cow has been milked rotten at this point”).

However, it’s perhaps just as likely that, following Disney’s $4-billion purchase of Marvel last year, any plumbing of the publisher’s back catalog would be done by Disney Interactive Studios for its own games. “We are evaluating the entire Marvel library,” Disney Interactive’s Mark Orgel said last spring. “Not just the characters that everybody knows and loves from the motion pictures today, but the little-known characters.”

So, sure, why not the 25-year-old Secret Wars? Although conceived by then-Marvel Editor-in-Chief Jim Shooter to help introduce a line of Mattel action figures, the series’ concept translates easily to role-playing video games: A cosmic entity known as the Beyonder teleports numerous superheroes and supervillains to a world stocked with alien weaponry and technology, then pits them against each other, with the winners promised anything they desire.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/12/is-marvel-plotting-a-secret-wars-video-game/

Could be interesting if they did decide to do one.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!