• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Yeah, it was cool, but then they'd be doing the same fight scenes with anyone they got for the part, so kinda inconsequential in the end.

My comics this week:

Uncanny X-Men

X-Men Legacy

World War Hulks: Wolverine vs. Captain America 2

World War Hulks: Spider-Man vs. Thor 2

Justice League of America

Probably others too, but I can't remember. I think I was meant to read an issue of JSA before this JLA one but I'm over it.

Edited by Paj!

I've never read it elloell.

I'm just gonna investigate when and where to jump on and read from there.

I know that when it was adjectiveless X-Men, it was quite a stunner. Chris Bachalo and Mike Carey's run was great, with an awesome team. Think that was just before it became Legacy. I'll report back.

EDIT: Seems Rogue takes over as main character in 226.

Edited by Paj!

So, since I last popped in here I have given up on the whole Marvel digital comics malarky and invested heavily into buying trades and playing a major catch up game with them, it's costing me a fortune lol. Hoping to regulate my spending on them when I catch up to Siege (I already have Siege).

I use Amazon- the small sellers tend to do a great trade in discounted first hand paperbacks. Around £6 each.

Green Lantern is pretty substantial but you'll want to look in to the recent run by Geoff Johns that starts with Green Lantern: Rebirth then the series reverts back to #1 after that. Similarly, you could look in to Green Lantern Corps: Recharge and the new #1 that follows. GLC is a sister title and is based in space with dozens of Lanterns in the cast, while GL itself is about Hal Jordan, the original DC Lantern.

They're written to be read in tandem and occasionally cross over, though each book is self contained.

I'm confused as to what edition to buy. Why is Haunted Knight so expensive on Amazon?

Is Infinity Gauntlet actually good? My friend loves it.

Edit: How do you know what to read when? Like...should I read The Sinestro Corps War?...and all the numerous other ones? Wanted: Hal Jordan?...

Edited by Daft

I've never read it. To be honest, I don't really dig that many older comics myself- i tend to find the sheer weight of captions, thought bubbles and exposition suffocating. I much prefer modern books that are a bit lighter on those fronts.

I read for the writing. Don't ever really care too much about the artwork unless it looks royally teld. It takes be about a fraction of a second to take it in and I really hate a lot of the revoltingly vibrant colour palette that seem to be used so much. Probably part of the reason I think Marvel blow.

Unless it's Spawn. That totally rocked my world. When the writing wasn't shit.

Yes, but writing can be brilliant without a ridiculous amount of exposition like they used to have in the old days.

Grant Morrison (my favourite writer) barely uses thought bubbles, and if he ever does use thought captions, its's because there's something great that he's going to tell you.

I've never read Infinity Gauntlet, but it's never been highly recommended from my experience.

You might actually like Grant Morrison's stuff Daft...very mind-bending and tackles like...every fucking interesting concept ever in a unique way. Try Doom Patrol.

I read for the writing. Don't ever really care too much about the artwork unless it looks royally teld. It takes be about a fraction of a second to take it in and I really hate a lot of the revoltingly vibrant colour palette that seem to be used so much. Probably part of the reason I think Marvel blow.

And where do I start with Green Lantern?

blackest-nightspread.jpg

dc-comics-logo.jpg

I'm confused as to what edition to buy. Why is Haunted Knight so expensive on Amazon?

Is Infinity Gauntlet actually good? My friend loves it.

Edit: How do you know what to read when? Like...should I read The Sinestro Corps War?...and all the numerous other ones? Wanted: Hal Jordan?...

I think GLC started 18 months ish after Green Lantern. So read approximately 18 issues of GL and then start reading them by story lines, so GL story then GLC story.

Sinestro Corps War crosses over, so do it issue by issue depending upon front cover (if you're reading....naughtily) or trade will be easy.

So its like...

Sinestro Corps War

Secret Origin

Rage of Red Lanterns

Blackest Night

Etc. Semi. Blah. Its difficult to explain.

-----------

Also I think you would like Haunt. These spastics don't like it, but its actually pretty decent.

OH....and you HAVE to read Chew. Which if you want to buy it, it is dirt cheap. Neither of these have revolting bright colour palettes. :p

--------

OH AND YOUR OTHER question. The simple answer is, best place to buy it is the cheapest place. Amazon, Play are usually the best.

Edited by ReZourceman

Ive spent the last few months catching up with Green Lantern so your trade orders should go:

Green Lantern: Rebirth

Green Lantern: No Fear

Green Lantern: Revenge of the Green Lanterns

Green Lantern: Wanted: Hal Jordan

Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps War Vol.1+2

Green Lantern: Secret Origin

Green Lantern: Rage of the Red Lanterns

Then it depends if you are getting them as trades or Hard covers as HCs come out a lot earlier so the next edition, "Green Lantern: Agent Orange" is out but not in trade (which is how I collect them)

I know what you mean. I get that vibe too. Marvel just seem quite camp.

Just ordered,

Haunt, Vol 1

Green Lantern: Rebirth

Batman: Dark Victory

Batman: Hush - Been meaning to check this out for a while.

Although DC suck because I want them to use the whole Batman Beyond thing much more.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!