• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Oh dear, guys. Oh dear.

So who's reading Second Coming again? Bit a fucking awesome chapter this week- saw some major, major changes. Hope finally showed her powers too, which are so totally ridiculous that, frankly, she makes The Sentry look like a choir boy.

Steve Rodgers: Super Soldier was pretty wicked too. Reads almost exactly like Captain America but Steve hasn't had a solo book in years. It's good to see him in action.

oh and Iron Man annual was awesome. Total departure from the Invincible Iron Man plot but it's just very, very cool. And surprisingly emotional in places too. Great Easter Egg right at the start too from the Immortal Iron Fist run from Fraction.

Yeah. Great issue I thought.

the costume thing is weird (Iron Man is wearing Extremis too)- basically, they made the issue ages ago before Siege and the Heroic Age was finalised so Rodger's and Iron Man's new designs weren't ready. They compensated by going for the classic/ current designs of the time instead.

Minor quibble, though. I bloody love the Young Avengers.

Yeah definitely.

The creative/ editorial really need to sort their shit out too- they have an openly gay couple which is a major statement but they're too conservative to have them kiss on panel, while two straight characters have made out in the book at least once. It's inconsistent and stinks of moral avoidance of the issue to appease homophobes.

Marvel confirms New Hulk

Marvel Studios has now confirmed that it is moving forward on development with their summer 2012 blockbuster "The Avengers," and they have decided not to cast Edward Norton in the key role of Bruce Banner, aka The Incredible Hulk.

In a statement sent in direct response to yesterday's story from the set of "Captain America" in London, Marvel Studios President of Production Kevin Feige forwarded the following exclusively to HitFix:

"We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers. Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks."

Hey guys, need a favour to ask. I'm looking for the Wolverine Legends Snikt book which has all 5 volumes inside, no where online has it for a reasonable price, so figured I'd ask you guys for help.

None of my local comic book shops have it, but if any one could do me a favour and look out for it for me where ever you frequent (if any of you go to the actual stores) and if you see it, get in contact with me about the price? I'd paypal you the money and then some for postage and reward for finding it.

The cover will look like this:

51314DCXRCL._SS500_.jpg

Cheers in advance, and if you ever happen to see it online, I'd be grateful for the heads up!

Current graphic novels readings and thoughts:

Batman & Son

I loved. I hate that I forgot I needed The Black Glove, so I feel I can't read R.I.P (which I have) until I purchase/find Black Glove.

But yeah, I really enjoyed it. It felt really concise, it never beat around the bush. Grant Morrison is my fave. I think it'll take reading all of his Batman stuff to understand it all, but yeah. I love the mentioning of The Black Casebook (i.e some of his random 40's and 50's stories).

In this collection was a short story (as in, not a comic) interlude to do with Joker, which tied directly into Morrison's Arkham Asylum from years back (his concepts of the Joker's "super-sanity"), which was great.

Astonishing X-Men Gifted and Dangerous

Read Gifted before, but now I'm going through them properly, after buying the other 3 volumes. LOVE. It's so definitive, with John Cassaday's art. And Whedon has such a handle on the characters. I like Fraction's current run, but there's too many people flying at you at once for any real character moments. I prefer a concise/slimmed down team. Obvs. I know the Emma story leads to nothing of great import, but still, I can imagine being stunned was I reading in 2005 or whenever. Looking foward to the next 2 volumes.

I like how all the volumes are adjectives. (Gifted, Dangerous, Torn and Unstoppable)

Ultimates 2 Volume 1

A pointless thing to own without the rest, but good nontheless, and I've read it all before, so that's fine. I still think it's the best representation of "reality-warping powers" I've ever read. Considering it's so often tossed around as a power description.

Bruce Wayne is back – but what has he returned to?

In his absence, his closest allies and deadliest enemies have blazed a new path, creating a Gotham that’s different and in many ways more menacing than the city he left behind. So, how do his protégés, allies and foes react to the man that stands before them?

Is Batgirl’s career over? Red Robin was right – but what’s next? After mourning Bruce Wayne’s death, can Catwoman face him?

Welcome to BRUCE WAYNE: THE ROAD HOME, eight one-shots that cover the city of Gotham and beyond, from Dick Grayson and Damian to the Birds of Prey to Red Robin to Commissioner Gordon in stories told by some of the industry’s brightest stars, including Adam Beechen, Fabian Nicieza, Mike Barr, Pere Perez, Ramon Bachs, Marc Andreyko, Cliff Richards and Bryan Q. Miller, featuring a connecting, 8-part cover by superstar artist Shane Davis.

All these questions and more will be answered. But surely we can throw down a few more teases, right? Take it away, Batman Group Editor Mike Marts:

“Bruce Wayne’s journey back home has been a long and dangerous road, but before he can assume the mantle of the Bat again, he must first figure out how things have changed in the world around him, how relationships have changed…and how those changes will effect his decisions moving forward as the protector of Gotham City.”

BRUCE WAYNE: THE ROAD HOME begins in October

Knight and Squire

knsqcv1.jpg

Hot off the white-hot start to his ACTION COMICS run, writer Paul Cornell turns his sharp pen to the Batman universe, and takes on the Dynamic Duo’s across-the-pond colleagues – Knight and Squire! Teaming with interior artist Jimmy Broxton and cover artist Yanick Paquette, the six-issue mini-series puts the spotlight on the London counterparts to Batman and Robin.

When the barriers preventing an all-out battle in a secret city populated by heroes and villains alike are lifted, all hell breaks loose and only the Knight and Squire can step in to put things write. But can the tandem keep the peace between friends and foe?

What say you, Mr. Cornell?

“I’m delighted to be working in DC Britain! Grant always said that he added something to the Knight and Squire’s world with every appearance: we’ll be taking that policy, and the amount of over the top weird and wonderful zany surreal Britishness and dialling them up to eleven. If you’ve wanted to see a milkman fighting a dinosaur in a suit, in a pub, then this is the comic for you.”

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!