• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I just bought a month worth of access to the online marvel unlimited comic reader thingy on marvel.com. It's a sea of comics that I am lost it, I have read civil war 1-7 and I found a reading list that centered around that arc so I am into reading some of those now.

Anyone else have any experience with the place or can suggest anything I wouldn't want to miss on there?

I just bought a month worth of access to the online marvel unlimited comic reader thingy on marvel.com. It's a sea of comics that I am lost it, I have read civil war 1-7 and I found a reading list that centered around that arc so I am into reading some of those now.

Anyone else have any experience with the place or can suggest anything I wouldn't want to miss on there?

I don't know if this stuff is on there, but must-read things.

Ultimates

Ultimates 2

Invincible Iron Man (2008-present)

I really liked

Marvel Knights Spider-Man.

I got a reply back from Forbidden Planet about the differences between the two sites. Apparently they are two different companies and are not associated at all.

Makes me feel a lot better about using the .com version which seems to be the proper one connected to the store.

Started reading a little bit more of Bendis' Daredevil run, but I love it so much that I stopped am going to pre-order the big Ultimate edition coming out at the end of the month.

Now reading Bendis' Elektra, which is good. Chuck Austen's art is interesting, I'm not sure if it's good or bad. I like how simplified it is, and the with the light from the colouring, it adds, but yeah. I didn't know he even did comic art, thought he was just a writer.

Also DD/Elektra related of late: As my avatar and sig show I finished both parts of Ultimate Daredevil and Elektra. I think it would be a pretty cool film adaptation of Elektra, though I doubt ANYONE'S going to touch the property now.

DC are really starting to annoy me with their trade release policy. I mean we get hard covers really quickly but then have to wait bloody ages for trades. Final Crisis was only just released in trade form last week, thats over a year since the story ended and ive been waiting ages for Green Lantern trades to come out.

Volume 5 collects 48 - 59 and Astounding Wolf-Man (11 I think) which is part of the crossover.

It came out about a month ago. The next one should collect about 60 - 74 ish, or probably just 60 - 70 and Invincible Returns, due to a few double sized's and POSSIBLY not wanting to interrupt the Viltrumite War. Anyway Volume 6 won't be out for ages.

--------------

Fun fact, I am the reason Volume 5 is purple. (Well its not confirmed but in one of my letters I said "Please make volume 5 purple" and it is purple.) :p

So anyway, yeah the hardcovers are 13 issues behind now.

However the latest trade I believe collects 60 - 65 so its a great catching up point, as there wouldn't be many issues to get so that came out like a week ago.

Hopefully thats clear. It probably isn't.

Did you enjoy Volume 2 Odwin?

I really liked Volume 2. I'm now 80% through Volume 3.

Problems I have with Invincible:

1. They take up a lot of room on my shelves.

2. They cost £15 per hardcover (except 2 - thanks again ReZ, I've not forgotten this).

3. I read them too quickly. I took one to Center Parcs with me thinking I'd just dip in for a few minutes every now and then. By the end of day one I was done.

Batman: Year One Animated movie coming

Batman: Year One, the comic-book story by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchilli, is being adapted into one of Warner Home Video's DC Universe animated movies, The Continuum has learned.

According to sources, the film will be directed by Sam Liu, who co-directed Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Warner Bros. did not confirm the film's existence. The studio has not commented on projects until their announced release.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1006/07/index.htm

I really liked Volume 2. I'm now 80% through Volume 3.

YES. I cannot tell you how much I love the Angstrom Levy bit.

2. They cost £15 per hardcover (except 2 - thanks again ReZ, I've not forgotten this).

Again, no worries. It was literally sitting under my bed. Better someone gets some enjoyment out of it.

3. I read them too quickly. I took one to Center Parcs with me thinking I'd just dip in for a few minutes every now and then. By the end of day one I was done.

I hear ya. Its the burden of catching up to an ongoing.

Volume 4 is awesome. I'm not sure if I think its better than 3....but then Volume 5 is SICK. Definitely the best. And when its out 6 will be better than that. Too good.

DC are really starting to annoy me with their trade release policy. I mean we get hard covers really quickly but then have to wait bloody ages for trades. Final Crisis was only just released in trade form last week, thats over a year since the story ended and ive been waiting ages for Green Lantern trades to come out.

Is Final Crisis paperback out now? Amazon lists it as pre-order for a late July release?

Is Final Crisis paperback out now? Amazon lists it as pre-order for a late July release?

it's out now in comic shops (Direct Market) but usually takes a few more weeks to get to ordinary book stores like Amazon

Help me...

I think I want to buy Ultimates 3.

I'm not sure why.

I didn't really like it very much, and agree with all the bad reviews. And I outgrew Joe Madureira years ago.

But I want to own it.

It's all shiny, and the art has a pleasing quality, like something you'd enjoy looking at every so often for a few minutes.

I'm scared. I've touched the fire and it freezes me.

Tell me I don't deserve it.

I'm only partially interested in all this time travel clue stuff. Is the middle panel indicative that Frank Quitely will return to pencilling Batmand and Robin? Cause if so...my attention is so piqued it's ridiculous.

---

bitch_slap.jpg

It's...on my Amazon wishlist. I'm not too far gone yet. My mum said she'd buy me a book or something cause I passed my theory test (yay!) so I may choose that one so it's not out of my own pocket.

I'm only partially interested in all this time travel clue stuff. Is the middle panel indicative that Frank Quitely will return to pencilling Batman and Robin? Cause if so...my attention is so piqued it's ridiculous.

Yes it involves Frank Quitely with Grant Morrison, David Finch, Andy Kubert & Tony Daniel and the title is homage to DR Who's Time and the Rani which was about collection of the greatest scientific minds in time.

I'm only partially interested in all this time travel clue stuff. Is the middle panel indicative that Frank Quitely will return to pencilling Batmand and Robin? Cause if so...my attention is so piqued it's ridiculous.

---

It's...on my Amazon wishlist. I'm not too far gone yet. My mum said she'd buy me a book or something cause I passed my theory test (yay!) so I may choose that one so it's not out of my own pocket.

Or you could buy something good. Like The Sword. :hmm:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!