• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Some dude has seen the Captain America costume

So it sounds a fair bit like the version from #1 of The Ultimates, only even more adjusted for a military look/ purpose. To me, that's an essential change because I just cannot see anyone taking the full costume seriously, especially not the original 1940s version. Hopefully we'll see a shot soon like the one of Thor the other day.

4660743873_cf4242630a_b.jpg

When was that posted? I did a quick search and Digital Spy posted it yesterday but I read that description word for word a few weeks ago.

Anyone else read Elektra: Assassin by Frank Miller here?

(I have a no feeling)

It's effing amazing. Once it's over you feel a sense of perfection emmanating from it. It's so self-contained and well-told and you're left so satisfied. And yet it purposely has hardly explanation of events, until a bigger picture becomes clear. The anti-Claremont writing style. Love.

The art is mind-blowing. I wish more comics used interesting artists. Most use good artists, or at least ones with a style...I hate "generic" artists like the guy who does X-Men Forever (but at least the art matches the story in quality).

01-21-2007%2001%3B33%3B44PM.JPG

But yeah. Miller may have soured people towards him of late with All-Star Batman (which I think people took too seriously, and had the wrong artist on it ) and I know loads of peeps hated DKSA (which makes no sense to me, I think it's amazing), but this is a PERFECT use of the comic book format to tell a challenging, intelligent, badass story.

Well it's a CG/digital rendering like the Cap ones, so you shouldn't be suprised it looks photoshopped. :p

I like the boots, and it looks cool. Dunno how norse warrior it is, but that might be a good thing.

Fair enough.

---

Just finished Ultimate Spidey: War of the Symbiotes.

I love how Ultimate Spider-Man is consistantly good. There's nothing wrong with it. It's always enjoyable and well thought out. (although I quite liked the idea of

Gwen Stacy being in possession of a symbiote of her own forever. Thought that could have been an interesting twist on Carnage. But then I suppose sacraficing her powers has helped to flesh out Ultimate Venom (literally and figuratively) a bit more.

)

I'm glad they dealt with the supposed canonical nature of the videogame...seemed they ignored it when they itroduced Silver Sable in the comics, but the now they explain it a bit better.

Question though; is WotS (the first bit set "4 months ago") set before Spidey meets Silver Sable for the first time? I assume so, he asks Iron Man who she is when he mentions her.

Oh. I was relying on you Happenstance.

I'll just assume the Sable arc is set afterwards.

---

I'm in a flurry of "need to buy graphic novels!". I've got an amazon wishlist, and currently in my basket are Ultimate Spider-Man 22 (to finish it all off), and Ultimate X-Men vol. 13. I could then add vol. 14 (which happens to have my favourite title; "Phoenix?". I just love the concept of the question, and the situations it suggests.), or ADD a vol.1 of a new series I've heard is great.

Right now I'm thinking one of either X-Factor, Ms. Marvel or She-Hulk? Any thoughts from people here on these three titles? I've only heard great things.

I'm considering smashing Exiles actually. They do 19 issue ultimate collection TPBs that piqued my interest.

I was looking on Wikipedia yesterday, and obviously not all have been mentioned but theres like nearly 2 million Marvel Universes. I lolled. I'd quite like another re-telling of the MU, like an Earth 1 type ongoing or something.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!