• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Since getting "back into" comics (i.d actively reading more and more current ones, rather just ones I owned from years ago, and a few like invincible), I've been in the mood to buy the TPB's of the ones I REALLY love.

So I'm debating spending £25 on New X-Men hardback Vol.1 and both volumes of All-Star Superman. I think I will. Despite having read them both, I love. And feel the need to own officially. I do own all of New X-Men in the form of the UK Essential X-Men issues, but they're scattered around in amongst the horrible X-Treme X-Men.

So I'm debating spending £25 on New X-Men hardback Vol.1 and both volumes of All-Star Superman. I think I will. Despite having read them both, I love. And feel the need to own officially. I do own all of New X-Men in the form of the UK Essential X-Men issues, but they're scattered around in amongst the horrible X-Treme X-Men.

I'm in exactly the same situation, though I won't be buying ASSM. How much of New X-Men does one get for £25? I'd love a copy. It stuns.

Yeah, the All-Star Superman volumes are basically a fiver each = WIN. :love:

It's like 300 pages + in the New X-Men one isn't it? Yeah.

I did it anyway, so worth it in the long run, cause I realised that when I go to bed, I'm usually too tired to read a book, and I just read through my old comics and graphic novels...so I don't know why I don't buy more.

Also bid on Animal Man volume 1 on eBay for a pound. :)

I'm just rolling around in Grant Morrison these days.

I would buy myself Doom Patrol in a heartbeat but I bought it for Chair's birthday and can't justify buying it twice.

Strangely though I've read almost none of his Batman stuff from the other year (only a few issues here and there and now the ongoing Batman and Robin series) or any Final Crisis stuff.

Edited by Paj!

I love my trade collection, ive read them all so many times though so I really need some more. Im in the process of getting all the trades of the single issues I own so I can sell most of them. Next trade im getting is Spider-Man/Black Cat that Kevin Smith wrote, another one that ive got all the single issues for. I also need to get Green Lantern: Emerald Twilight and The Final Night but those are hard to come by so im hoping I may find them this weekend at Collectormania.

Yeah i'll be getting the Siege trade, not sure if i'll bother with any of the other tie ins though. Blackest Night though i'll be getting quite a few. The main one, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Blackest Night Corps.

I also need to finish off my Ultimate Spider-Man collection which is what got me properly into comics in the first place, at the moment its basically half trades and half single issues for most of the initial run before Ultimate Comics Spider-Man started

Anyone else keeping up with Second Coming?

It's getting rather excellent. I'm enjoying seeing the whole X-Men group work over a long period- all the different members switching between teams is cool, and seeing the chess game between Cyclops and Bastion is sweet.

also:

The Avengers just turned up too. Even Greg Land can't make Thor shit.

I have Doom Patrol issues in my car. I'll take a gander at them soon and see if theres anything of interest Paj of Meener.

OH

And if you post about Secret Avengers put everything in spoilers apart from score out of 10. I want to go in as an untouched virgin.

Perhaps you guys can make better sense of this...

http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/109/1092886p1.html

Pixar's Iron Man Revealed

It's Tony Stark as you've never seen him before.

For months many have wondered when we'd see Disney and Marvel start to work together. While we've seen Marvel merch start to show up at Disney theme parks, an announcement from Marvel Comics today elevates the collaboration and corporate synergy one step further. Pixar is taking a stab at the Golden Avenger.

For months Marvel has been unveiling a flood of Iron Man variant covers. Decorating just about every major release for the past couple months, Marvel has called upon a wide, wide variety of comic book artists to do "alternate universe" takes on Iron Man. Dubbed "Iron Man by Design 2.0" variants, these ideas range from Gladiator Iron Man to iconic, stylish takes on the current iteration of the character. Marvel's latest variants do the same, but summon two of Pixar's concept artists, Ronnie del Carmen and Bill Presing, for the task. Del Carmen has worked as Story Supervisor, Storyboard Artist and Character Designer on such films as Finding Nemo and Wall-E. Presing has contributed to Up and Ratatouille as a Storyboard Artist.

Fans interested in purchasing these pieces can track down the variants at their local comic book retailers. A word of warning - they're somewhat hard to find. Del Carmen's cover, a variant for Invincible Iron Man #27, goes on sale June 9. Presing's variant for Iron Man: Legacy #3 hits stores on June 23.

pixars-iron-man-revealed-20100525034445117.jpg

pixars-iron-man-revealed-20100525034443743.jpg

This just seems like a really rubbish collaboration!

I have Doom Patrol issues in my car. I'll take a gander at them soon and see if theres anything of interest Paj of Meener.

Realistically I'm only interested in Vol.2 from the 80's - Early 90's, and even then only Morrison's run and maybe Rachel Pollacks (I've not read that). If you have any of them, I'm ready and open.

Perhaps you guys can make better sense of this...

It just means that artists who work for Pixar did a variant cover for a cover. That's all. (as far as I can tell)

Oh. I remember.

So on Dan's recommendation, I've just reread through Second Coming, and it is really good! It is much more of a single story than I imagined (I thought it would be the teams of each book having their say on the overall situation, but each chapter is actually essential, and not necessarily about the main team that book deals with).

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!